Is there a double standard for political parties in the media? Cain and Clinton

Sarcasm? The right was all over him even if the Main Stream Media left him alone at the time.

This thread is about how the main stream media has a double standard when it comes to reporting on very similar situations of allegations of sexual misconduct. They treat democrat politicians in completely different ways than republican politicians. This is evidenced by the concentration of reporting in the days following said allegations between clinton and cain, as evidenced by the 2 seperate articles linked in the OP and the chart.

By doing so they prove Thomas' comments to be true

Clarence Thomas High-Tech Lynching - YouTube

you forget to factor in the change of the media landscape.

therefore, this comparison is deeply flawed.

but who cares, it seems to give you and many others another reason to whine about the unfair librul main stream media.

Look at the study itself, they only used media outlets that existed at both times...the study does not include all the internet sites and all the new news outlets and only those limited ones that were around both during clinton and now.

compare it to something more recent, like the anthony weiner episode.

by landscape i did not mean just the number and kind of outlets, but the whole approach to "reporting".

but who cares, it seems to give you and many others another reason to whine about the unfair librul main stream media.

Look at the study itself, they only used media outlets that existed at both times...the study does not include all the internet sites and all the new news outlets and only those limited ones that were around both during clinton and now.

by landscape i did not mean just the number and kind of outlets, but the whole approach to "reporting".
OMG! Anthony Weiner isn't black! My theory must be wrong.

:redface:

OMG! Anthony Weiner isn't black! My theory must be wrong.

:redface:

weiner is a jew and has a funny name.

so you need to factor that in as well.

I actually emailed the people that did the study and asked them to do that too.....no response yet but I would like to see how much closer it is.

i've heard some comments that the media, other than fox news, didn't even report on the weiner information for several days......they were comments that did not give me any way to verify though.

CainClinton.jpg

Over a period of just three and a half days, NBC, CBS and ABC have developed an insatiable hunger for the Herman Cain sexual harassment story, devoting an incredible 50 stories to the allegations since Monday morning. In contrast, over a similar period these networks mostly ignored far more substantial and serious scandals relating to Bill Clinton.

Networks Hit Cain Story 50 Times in Less Than Four Days; Ignored Clinton Scandals

In comparison, over a similar three-day period these same programs were far less interested in charges against Democrat Bill Clinton. After Paula Jones held a public press conference in February of 1994, there was only one report on her allegations.

Following Kathleen Willey’s July 1997 claims of being groped by the President, there were a mere three reports. For Juanita Broaddrick, who came forward in February 1999 to say Clinton raped her, only three stories followed charges appearing in the Wall Street Journal.

It should also be pointed out that all these women offered their names. They weren’t anonymous. Additionally, the accusations of assault and rape go far beyond what’s being mentioned with the Cain scandal.

Networks can’t get enough of this Herman Cain scandal « Hot Air

What's really sad, is because of Clinton, no one will take this seriously ever again.....It didn't take Clinton long to take women's rights back decades.....

CainClinton.jpg

Over a period of just three and a half days, NBC, CBS and ABC have developed an insatiable hunger for the Herman Cain sexual harassment story, devoting an incredible 50 stories to the allegations since Monday morning. In contrast, over a similar period these networks mostly ignored far more substantial and serious scandals relating to Bill Clinton.

Networks Hit Cain Story 50 Times in Less Than Four Days; Ignored Clinton Scandals

In comparison, over a similar three-day period these same programs were far less interested in charges against Democrat Bill Clinton. After Paula Jones held a public press conference in February of 1994, there was only one report on her allegations.

Following Kathleen Willey’s July 1997 claims of being groped by the President, there were a mere three reports. For Juanita Broaddrick, who came forward in February 1999 to say Clinton raped her, only three stories followed charges appearing in the Wall Street Journal.

It should also be pointed out that all these women offered their names. They weren’t anonymous. Additionally, the accusations of assault and rape go far beyond what’s being mentioned with the Cain scandal.

How many times have they mentioned Gingrich's behavior, or Dennis Hastert's hypocrisy and scandalist behavior, or the hypocrisy and behavior of Bob Livingston, or Rep. Mark Foley's behavior, or the behavior of Sen. Stevens, or that of Sen Edwards? Clinton's behavior is much older news then the one's I noted.

CainClinton.jpg

How many times have they mentioned Gingrich's behavior, or Dennis Hastert's hypocrisy and scandalist behavior, or the hypocrisy and behavior of Bob Livingston, or Rep. Mark Foley's behavior, or the behavior of Sen. Stevens, or that of Sen Edwards? Clinton's behavior is much older news then the one's I noted.

1. Did you say Newt? The story that he went to a dying wife's hospital room to serve her with divorce papers?

False....here is Newt's daughter's column...she was there:

"My parents told my sister and me that they were getting a divorce as our family of four sat around the kitchen table of our ranch home.

Soon afterward, my mom, sister and I got into our light-blue Chevrolet Impala and drove back to Carrollton.

Later that summer, Mom went to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta for surgery to remove a tumor. While she was there, Dad took my sister and me to see her.
It is this visit that has turned into the infamous hospital visit about which many untruths have been told. I won't repeat them. You can look them up online if you are interested in untruths. But here's what happened:

My mother and father were already in the process of getting a divorce, which she requested.

Dad took my sister and me to the hospital to see our mother.
She had undergone surgery the day before to remove a tumor.
The tumor was benign."
Setting the Record Straight by Jackie Gingrich Cushman on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

She went on to say that Newt's wife asked for the divorce.
So....feel like you've been manipulated?

2. "....Dennis Hastert's hypocrisy..."
Did you know that the Left-wing had to go back some 35 years so folks like you would
believe that Hyde was the same as Clinton?

On September 16, 1998, David Talbot ran a story on Salon.com about Rep. Henry Hyde, head of the House Judiciary Committee. It had nothing to do with his qualifications, or performance: it was about an affair Hyde had with Cherie Snodgrass. In 1965. Talbot made clear that he ‘outed’ a decades-old story because “Hyde’s committee will decide whether the adulterous affair President Clinton carried on with a White House intern, and his efforts to keep it hidden, should be referred to the House of Representatives for impeachment proceedings.”
http://www.salon.com/news/1998/09/cov_16newsb.html

Wadda ya' think....is that more sleazy than Hyde's affair?

Clinton's DNC financed "bimbo eruption squad" is all you need to know. Democrats laughed while vicious attack dogs (like James Carville) made sure that any woman who came forward about Clinton's abuse would be ruined by the left wing media.

they were talking about this on the news and someone made 2 good points.

They said clinton told the media this was a personal matter and not to report on it which they obliged for each of the 3 cases represented in the first post.

On top of that they also said Cain was out in the media actively answering the questions unlike Clinton.

Forum List

Back