Is the term GEEZER offensive?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
I was told recently that calling old people GEEZER I offensive....what do you think?
I think it's funny...

I am sure some would find it offensive but I think it is funny. I prefer 'fogie' though. lol

Nah: geezer's OK. I just find being called ugly offensive...even if it IS true!!

Greg

Gezer doesn't bother me. Old fogie doesn't bother me either. I usually call myself an "old fart", but whatever works to show I have been around a long time is ok.

I am sure some would find it offensive but I think it is funny. I prefer 'fogie' though. lol

I think they are all funny. We'll see how I feel about it 20 years from now (the person that got offended is only 10 years old than me....) I thought very much over-reacted!

Is the term GEEZER offensive?

Only if a white person uses the term.

No -

Unless it was meant to be.

Such as using it to make fun of someone.

For myself, I would consider the source and I don't get offended by people who are trying to be rude.

No -

For myself, I would consider the source and I don't get offended by people who are trying to be rude.

I think only people who's opinions you value should be able to hurt you.
Why would you care what someone thinks that you don't know or care about?

No -

I think only people who's opinions you value should be able to hurt you.
Why would you care what someone thinks that you don't know or care about?

Yep.

That's why I wrote that I would consider the source.

Some little twerp calling people names is not, in itself "offensive" and I would probably ignore it.

BTW, I think that word is way overused.

I was told recently that calling old people GEEZER I offensive....what do you think?
I think it's funny...

As with anything involving words and opinions, it depends on context.

Put me in a situation where I get called 'geezer' and I'll let you know.

Forum List

Back