Is the smile unique to humans?

Only humans smile?

• Total voters
In 2012, a group of neuroscientists examined findings about neurological substrates in human and non-human animals and finally declared that animals have consciousness and emotions. So, having emotions as a non-human animal is definitely possible. And when a dog feels content, he has relaxed body language - this means that his facial muscles are relaxed, making his mouth open and the corners of his mouth turn upwards, according to the ASPCA.

Do Dogs Really Smile?

When a wolf shows his teeth,.,./\,./\.,.,
.,.,.,..,.He means business

http://tinyurl.com/kpsv7cj

When we humans show our teeth, it’s called a smile
http://tinyurl.com/p2pzhs3

Is the difference an evolutionary thing
and once upon a time we smiled
for the same reason wolves smile today-?

then again
Only humans have
Multi colored eyes
blue, green, brown

https://tinyurl.com/ya98jnhh

& cry

By chance;

do you have any idea why?
it's a natural human response, blind people smile when happy.

other creatures can learn how to smile, but it's only when copying people.

to everything else, showing teeth like that is a threat

You obviously have not spent too much time around dogs. All of my dogs smile when they are happy and no one had to teach them.
learned

[lur-nid for 1–3; lurnd for 4]

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
adjective
having much knowledge; scholarly; erudite:
learned professors.
connected or involved with the pursuit of knowledge, especially of a scholarly nature:
a learned journal.
of or showing learning or knowledge; well-informed:
learned in the ways of the world.
acquired by experience, study, etc.:
learned behavior.

It is not "learned" dumb ass! They do it naturally!
no, they do not

Many experts believe that dogs have learned to smile because they’ve seen humans do the same or because we reward them for doing so, Stilwell said. At any rate, it usually means your dog is contented and happy. Woodard said the doggy smile is also known as a submissive grin, or a sign that your dog wants to appease you.

This thread should have gone in the Pets forum. Every dog and cat lover has appeared. LOL

When a wolf shows his teeth,.,./\,./\.,.,
.,.,.,..,.He means business

http://tinyurl.com/kpsv7cj

When we humans show our teeth, it’s called a smile
http://tinyurl.com/p2pzhs3

Is the difference an evolutionary thing
and once upon a time we smiled
for the same reason wolves smile today-?

then again
Only humans have
Multi colored eyes
blue, green, brown

https://tinyurl.com/ya98jnhh

& cry

By chance;

it's a natural human response, blind people smile when happy.

other creatures can learn how to smile, but it's only when copying people.

to everything else, showing teeth like that is a threat

You obviously have not spent too much time around dogs. All of my dogs smile when they are happy and no one had to teach them.
learned

[lur-nid for 1–3; lurnd for 4]

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
adjective
having much knowledge; scholarly; erudite:
learned professors.
connected or involved with the pursuit of knowledge, especially of a scholarly nature:
a learned journal.
of or showing learning or knowledge; well-informed:
learned in the ways of the world.
acquired by experience, study, etc.:
learned behavior.

It is not "learned" dumb ass! They do it naturally!
no, they do not

Many experts believe that dogs have learned to smile because they’ve seen humans do the same or because we reward them for doing so, Stilwell said. At any rate, it usually means your dog is contented and happy. Woodard said the doggy smile is also known as a submissive grin, or a sign that your dog wants to appease you.

I cited the source I used. Feel free to saddle that bitch up and ride it!

By chance;

I heard that when primates smile they are showing submissiveness out of fear, a kind of reflex, just like when people are uncontrollably smiling and laughing on a roller coaster when they are actually terrified.

Last edited:
I have 6 indoor cats, so I know they smile. The dog out in the garage smiles too.

A human smile includes showing our teeth. Cats just do not do that. But then again you can doctor up a picture to make the cat look as though it is smiling.
Still this is not smiling in my view

Have you ever seen a liberal smile, who wasn't stabbing you in the back? No, they are such miserable wretches.

Republicon Party----
139_184941[1].jpg

56229[1].jpg

Trump in his dreams tells himself "I be the most, I mean the most beautiful thing on earth. My image will be carved on Mt. Rushmore and the Democrates will pay for it,,,he,.he.,.he

Last edited:
In 2012, a group of neuroscientists examined findings about neurological substrates in human and non-human animals and finally declared that animals have consciousness and emotions. So, having emotions as a non-human animal is definitely possible. And when a dog feels content, he has relaxed body language - this means that his facial muscles are relaxed, making his mouth open and the corners of his mouth turn upwards, according to the ASPCA.

Do Dogs Really Smile?

Do Dogs Really Smile?
I agree. Many species experience emotion and have more intelligence than we give credit.
I have seen ravens playing and clearly enjoying themselves in thermals.
And well documented on their reasoning abilities.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAOegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw3D41DDlauTn3SeYmCmordn

Do Dogs Really Smile?

Do Dogs Really Smile?
I agree. Many species experience emotion and have more intelligence than we give credit.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAOegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw3D41DDlauTn3SeYmCmordn

I have seen films of monkeys using tools and I believe they smile as well. I stand corrected in the OP

Do Dogs Really Smile?

Do Dogs Really Smile?

That is really amazing! Now I may have to become a complete vegetarian.

That is really amazing! Now I may have to become a complete vegetarian.

The aliens who visited use in the beginning will not return and say hi; until we all become vegetarians. So you are on the right track, we just need a whole lot more of you to make it happen.

in my view

Forum List

Back