Is the Dept of Agriculture armed? They need to be maybe.

Looks like more friendly fire from the government. You know, those nice folks that want us to like laboratory food? DONATE: US government raids Amish cattle farmer, seizing his property in a shocking display of overreach... - Revolver News

Obviously you've never been assaulted by a rowdy rutabaga or pushed around by a pumpkin.

1693049357696.jpeg

/----/ I agree in part with the overreach. But, I have no issue with the USDA inspection of meat. He should be able to butcher his cattle for his own use, though.
They can be inspected on premises, and maybe they were. There is a big difference between seizure of the farm and citing noncompliance. You can justify anything if you try hard enough.

They can be inspected on premises, and maybe they were. There is a big difference between seizure of the farm and citing noncompliance. You can justify anything if you try hard enough.
/——/ I’m not justifying the over reach, as I stated.

This area isn't too far away from us. While this is the first I have heard of this guy, this practice is not new and it is something that probably does need to be cracked down on. I mean if you had 1 or 2 co-owners of a cow, sure maybe, But when you have 350 you are well beyond playing cute with the law. We used to get raw milk from this sort of operation when we wanted to make our own clotted cream. The guy we used to buy from got bankrupted and prosecuted though when there was an outbreak associated with his milk. Fortunately for us, we hadn't bought any as we only did it when it was frigid cold out and the outbreak was when it was warm weather.

Forum List

Back