Is the border a money-making grievance machine for Republicans?

Fact-Checking Trump’s Speech on Crime and Immigrants

Donald Trump stoked fears of a migrant-fueled crime wave at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Saturday, describing the United States under President Biden as awash in “bloodshed, chaos, and violent crime.” It was a near cut-and-paste from his CPAC speech last year, when he warned that the country was becoming a “lawless, open borders, crime-ridden, filthy, communist nightmare.”

This is nothing new — presidential candidates have been telling Americans scary stories about dark-skinned criminals for their own political gain for a very long time. Trump’s stories, however, don’t line up with reality, as my colleagues Lauren-Brooke Eisen and Ames Grawert explain in a recent article on our website.

The first problem with Trump’s narrative is the timeline. The spike in violent crime happened on Trump’s watch, not Biden’s. In 2020, the final year of the Trump presidency, murder rose by nearly 30 percent and assault by more than 10 percent. Crime surges are almost always multifactorial, and the Covid-19 pandemic and associated economic upheaval played a major role in the historic 2020 crime surge. One cause, though, most certainly was not the Biden presidency, which had not yet begun.

www.brennancenter.org

Fact-Checking Trump’s Speech on Crime and Immigrants

The former president mischaracterized the data when speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference.
www.brennancenter.org
www.brennancenter.org

Trump does what all inveterate liars do, he lies pathologically.

The rest of the world can shut it and stay out of our business or we'll nuke their ass.
Thanks for confirming my statement - and why it is an absolute necessity for the world incl. the USA to prevent full sized idiots, and their pathological fraudster Fuehrer, to get into office.

The USA is getting it's ass kicked by those MAGA's - fanatics that are hellbent on destroying the future of the USA.
Led by an incompetent, pathological fraudster.
Honestly your propaganda is beginning to bore me. Do you have anything intelligent to say?

Do you have anything intelligent to say?
Unlike you and your MAGA cretins - YES, all the time. So stop boring me with MAGA bull, nonsensical and unsubstantiated one-liner posts.
Keep your bull amongst yourselves, since no one else, is taking MAGA propaganda for serious. You people are just a pain in the ass to the overall American population, and the rest of the world. That's all there is to you folks.

Too dumb and incompetent to even get an insurrection done, and to proof a propagated election manipulation !!

Forum List

Back