Is the Associated Press biased?

Is the Associated Press biased?

• Total voters
Sure...why make things up?

i wasn't. eleven is eleven.

i didn't catch the hired part, which is immaterial as far as i'm concerned.
god knows the print media aren't hiring anyone.
I wouldn't classify the AP as the print media, but again, more power to your bias. :lol:

if you insist. i may have posted that i thought it was biased when in a hypnotic trance, but i don't recall expressing an opinion one way or the other.

i certainly wouldn't call on them for expertise in any field, but that's a different subject.

SpinalTap_Eleven-thumb.jpg

:lol: I love it!

I count at least 4 posters that have commented but haven't voted.

What are you afraid of? :lol:

AP spokesman Paul Colford said the organization, with more than 4,000 employees, and 49 Pulitzer Prizes earned for asking the hard questions, has the luxury of putting multiple reporters on major stories. He confirmed 11 people worked on the story, but not all full-time. He refused to say, however, if similar number of journalists were assigned to review other political books, or if Palin has been treated differently.

"One byline appeared on AP's Fact Check. Others at AP with knowledge of specific areas covered in the book contributed in varying degrees to preparing the Fact Check quickly on Friday," his statement read.

Reviewing books and holding public figures accountable is at the core of good journalism, but the treatment Palin's book received appears to be something new for the AP. The organization did not review for accuracy recent books by the late Sen. Ted Kennedy, then-Sen. Joe Biden, either book by Barack Obama released before he was president or autobiographies by Bill or Hillary Clinton. The AP did more traditional news stories on those books.

FOXNews.com - AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'
Yes.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo, not our associated Press.:lol::lol: Remember Acorn, two college students took them down,they are amatures, The Associated Press is much toooooooooooooo busy FACT CHECKING Palin's book.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

gee, one plus ten comes up to eleven for me.

go figure.
If you consider there were 10 others who contributed to the story in varying degrees because they had knowledge of one or more areas covered by the text the same as hiring 11 fact checkers then more power to your bias.

It's post #2 in this thread and it clearly says assigned and devoted.

They hired 11 fact checkers for Going Rogue and 5 for Climategate. I doubt if even one checked BHO's books. Yes they are biased.

Reality has no bearing on the Liberals inability to use logic or comprehend facts.

By the way they had NO ONE fact check any of Obama's books, did not fact check Biden's book or either of the Clinton books.

I love it when conservatives make these sorts of claims, noting the hallmark of conservativism is the denial of any evidence which contradicts your position.

You may not have been dishonest by the letter, but you were dishonest in spirit. Saying that the AP had eleven people factchecking the book infers that eleven people were focused on drilling down into the book and that simply wasn't the case.

You may not have been dishonest by the letter, but you were dishonest in spirit. Saying that the AP had eleven people factchecking the book infers that eleven people were focused on drilling down into the book and that simply wasn't the case.

who are you, the amazing kweskin, mindreader?

they had eleven people who fact checked the book. end of story.

i don't really care; i have no more intention of reading it than i do of voting for the asshat who purportedly *wrote* it.

take your *dishonest in spirit*, fold it neatly and shove it up your sanctimonious ass, mkay?

:thup:

i don't really care; i have no more intention of reading it than i do of voting for the asshat who purportedly *wrote* it.

take your *dishonest in spirit*, fold it neatly and shove it up your sanctimonious ass, mkay?

Getting pissed off because you got caught in a lie only exhibits more of your faulty character.

Getting pissed off because you got caught in a lie only exhibits more of your faulty character.

assuming i'm pissed off only shows up your lack of comprehension.

carry on, kweskin, carry on.

you might want to take a peek at how i voted in the poll to save yourself from looking more like an assclown than you do now. or not.
:rofl:

you might want to take a peek at how i voted in the poll to save yourself from looking more like an assclown than you do now. or not.

Telling me to "shove it up [my] ass" surely isn't calm, cool, and collected.

:lol: Polk, no one lied.

The article is excerpted in the very first post after the OP of this thread.

Nice try tho. :lol:

AP spokesman Paul Colford said the organization, with more than 4,000 employees, and 49 Pulitzer Prizes earned for asking the hard questions, has the luxury of putting multiple reporters on major stories.

He confirmed 11 people worked on the story, but not all full-time.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/97877-is-the-associated-press-biased.html#post1807245

Last edited:

AP spokesman Paul Colford said the organization, with more than 4,000 employees, and 49 Pulitzer Prizes earned for asking the hard questions, has the luxury of putting multiple reporters on major stories.

The claim hasn't been that 11 people worked on the story at some point. It was that a team of 11 people were assigned to the story (which implies they were working on it full-time).

The claim hasn't been that 11 people worked on the story at some point. It was that a team of 11 people were assigned to the story (which implies they were working on it full-time).

Implied by who? That excerpt is from THE FIRST POST AFTER THE OP.

Go read it...post #2.

Implied by several posters in this thread. The excerpt from the article is clear that these people were not engaged full-time in factchecking Palin's book, but that hasn't stop several people in this thread from making that claim.

Telling me to "shove it up [my] ass" surely isn't calm, cool, and collected.

it isn't? why?

Forum List

Back