Is that your final answer?

YWN666

Freelance Beer Tester
Nov 11, 2008
935862_464634183623424_1335471374_n.jpg

Haha! I like it when people blame Religion for all the bad times but never the good times.

EDIT: And ignore Satan. It works to our advantage you know.

Last edited:
Haha! I like it when people blame Religion for all the bad times but never the good times.

It's just as bad to credit religion for the good things and not follow the same logic as it applies to the bad situations.

People have claimed that their prayer made a tornado miss their house but by the same token, that prayer made the tornado kill their neighbors instead.

It's just as bad to credit religion for the good things and not follow the same logic as it applies to the bad situations.

People have claimed that their prayer made a tornado miss their house but by the same token, that prayer made the tornado kill their neighbors instead.
please don't call that kind of specious reasoning reasoning logic!:eusa_whistle:

I recall reading a news article years ago about a bus skidding off the road and plunging down a ravine. Of the twenty or so passengers, only five survived. One of the survivors was interviewed and was thanking god for being "with" her and saving her life.

How great that must have made the families feel for those people who god abandoned that day.

"Hey - god saved me because l'm special. Screw those losers who died".

there's a classic god saved me story that has many versions.
the version I heard goes like this....
there was a horrible car, train bus,etc..accident .
that somebody's (insert relationship here) was in.
that somebody's (insert relationship here) lost a limb or was blinded..
then out of the crowd stepped a man dressed in a white suit or a long haired hobo (you pick).
laid his hand on the eyes or picked up the severed limb of somebody's (insert relationship here) and cured the blindness or reattached the limb and disappeared.
sound familiar?

I recall reading a news article years ago about a bus skidding off the road and plunging down a ravine. Of the twenty or so passengers, only five survived. One of the survivors was interviewed and was thanking god for being "with" her and saving her life.

How great that must have made the families feel for those people who god abandoned that day.

"Hey - god saved me because l'm special. Screw those losers who died".

Yeah, I heard a lot of that same kind of nonsense after 9/11. If God was with the guy who decided to get a donut instead of heading straight for the office on the morning of 9/11, then that also means that God had a reason for letting the other 3,000 people die a horrible death.

there's a classic god saved me story that has many versions.
the version I heard goes like this....
there was a horrible car, train bus,etc..accident .
that somebody's (insert relationship here) was in.
that somebody's (insert relationship here) lost a limb or was blinded..
then out of the crowd stepped a man dressed in a white suit or a long haired hobo (you pick).
laid his hand on the eyes or picked up the severed limb of somebody's (insert relationship here) and cured the blindness or reattached the limb and disappeared.
sound familiar?

I know a rabid fundy from another message board that claims that he accidentally severed his thumb and then prayed about it and within minutes, his thumb grew back before his eyes. After I called bullshit and challenged the story, it began to change each time he told it to make it sound a little less ridiculous. Now that he has become associated with the story, he refuses to discuss the details. He also claimed that as an infant, he drank an entire bottle of Drano and without getting his stomach pumped, his mother prayed over him and he survived without a problem. Aside from the issue of surviving the ingestion of an entire bottle of drain cleaner, I asked him how he could have possibly picked up and drank anything from a bottle as an infant (maybe his Mom helped?). That's now another story he won't discuss.

Forum List

Back