Is That The Sound of Eyes Opening?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...GSNAGAVCBQWJVC?xml=/news/2005/07/28/nas28.xml

2. alien21010

alien21010 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    So again we blame the Muslim community as a whole for the actions of a few? Especially when the rest of the Muslim council, along with police officers were embarrassed to hear his comments? Surely you don't believe that just because he makes some wacko comment, that he speaks for the millions of Muslims around the world...

I can take key sentences and phrases out of context from an article too, and say that all Christians are ignorant fools, who possess delusions of grandeur. Would it be factually correct? No. Would it even make sense? No.

Please, stop bolding sections, expecting your readers to only comprehend the bolded parts, and then leap to wild and baseless accusations about an entire religion as a whole.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Not sure what planet you are visiting from, but I can write my posts however I please, within the rules.

Nothing was out of context, all the content was there!

BTW, where did it say that:
    What I read was:

4. alien21010

alien21010 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8

Right here:

Furthermore, I feel that I should notify you that copying and pasting whole articles can be construed as copyright infringement. Unless you like lawsuits, I'd suggest just linking to the article in question, rather than copying and pasting the entire thing. Just heads up.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    The 'council officials' refers to the city council members previous listed in the article. There is NO MENTION of the Muslim Council, rather you may be refering to the 'mosque' not council that Mr. Naseem was speaking for?

Total citation of article was given, registered site-but thanks for the warning.

6. alien21010

alien21010 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Heh, whoops. Looks like I mistakenly put Muslim council where City should have been. Oh well, my point still stands that this guy is clearly quite crazy, and that we should not hold any Muslim outside of himself, responsible for his line of thinking.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Ah, but I believe the 'leaders' are elected by the mosque? Again,

8. alien21010

alien21010 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm not sure how a Muslim mosque works, in terms of the election (if there is one) of a senior cleric. Suffice to say, there is no where near enough evidence here to support the notion that all muslims believe what this man does.

If you ask me, this man is just as bad as Bill O'Reilly, and dozens of other journalists, commenting on a police investigation. No one knows exactly what the police know, therefore everyone's default assumption should be to wait until the case is made and decided before a court of law. Only then can we proclaim someone guilty or innocent. To say otherwise is ignorance in the highest degree.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Ok, now that we have agreement that your critique of the article was incorrect, you are speaking of generalizing. I'm not sure if you are trying to paint me or the authors, but in either case, where was the leap made onto the whole of Islam?

Look through my posts, I've been here nearly 2 years. You will not find me a xenophobe or ignorant of world events. I do strongly adhere to the constitution NOT being a suicide pact. I also think the UN is a waste of time, has been for at least 30 years. As for Frankin's quote in your signature, MY emphasis would be on the word ESSENTIAL.

While I'm all for picking apart idiotic posts, I'm getting a bit tired this evening with your projections onto myself. You are the one trying to say that an 'awareness' of the dangers of SOME/MOST Islamic leaders thus far-a fact that even Musharraf in Pakistan, Mubarak in Egypt, and Saudi leaders all over the place are beginning to recognize-pose, should be addressed in PC terms. Sorry, for many open-minded, generally non-prejudiced people, that blanket was removed 9/11. Ok, for some it took Bali, Madrid, and Britain too. Ok, there are some like you, apparently, that may never get it.

Why do I bet you would be the first to respond with some of the 'fatwas' issued within the last few days as being signs of 'Muslim Unity?' Problem is, you would have to overcome those imams in Indonesia, Pakistan, Britain, and Saudi Arabia.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Whoops, and another from the US:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/29/AR2005072900478_pf.html