is something wrong with this. . .

Send us a quarter and we'll call someone who cares what you think.

Congrats. Short of "I know you are, but what am I?", you couldn't have come up with a lamer retort.

you are just too cowardly to say if there was a draft you or yours might have to actually get up off their ass and do something besides bash this country.. we write the readers decide..

I am well beyond draft age. I have no children. Your point is idiotic.

I've listed exactly why I don't support the draft. Nothing further needs to be inferred beyond that.

Other than that, I've already stated that the term "coward" from you means little to me.

BTW, where have I bashed my country?

Last edited:
I'm all for the draft. Might teach some appreciation for the country instead of just a gimmie gimmie gimmie attitude.

The military isn't a social club and it isn't the Boy Scouts. In general draftees were not good soldiers, after WW2 that is.

It seems to work well for Israel..

Different culture. Different reasons for it. When a holocaust is perpetrated against us, then it would probably work. But that isn't going to happen. Plus, the Israeli population is small enough that they need every man that they can get. It works for them, it won't work for us.

The military isn't a social club and it isn't the Boy Scouts. In general draftees were not good soldiers, after WW2 that is.

Different culture. Different reasons for it. When a holocaust is perpetrated against us, then it would probably work. But that isn't going to happen. Plus, the Israeli population is small enough that they need every man that they can get. It works for them, it won't work for us.

they take the ladies too.

And the homosexuals. But that just gives you fits, huh?

And the homosexuals. But that just gives you fits, huh?

why would it give me fits? doyathink?

that's why you are an asswipe.. you and your fucking assumptions.. stick them up your assuming ass.

So, for clarification, you support homosexuals serving openly in the United States Military?

Have I ever said otherwise?

I don't know, that is why I am asking you.

You see, if I made an incorrect assumption about you as you have claimed, this is your chance to point it out by answering a few simple fucking questions.

Thanks to everyone who brought up more issues on this thread.

Aside from the original question (1.) of why an illegal immigrant with a criminal record got life in prison at taxpayers' expense after committing the capital offense of shooting police officer to death, while a noncitizen national who served 6 years in the military is detained in ICE facing deportation back to Jamaica after pleading guilty to marijuana possession;

(2.) RE: the issue of the draft
a. The way it is now seems to work, where all men of a certain age are required to sign up, and there are enough volunteers for service. It takes such serious commitment to serve fully, clearly voluntary service is better than people there who want to be elsewhere.
b. however, there are issues with servicepeople complaining of being sent back too often or too long without adequate time in between. and some of these cases of conscientious objectors or severely traumatized soldiers who cannot or do not want to serve further, I don't think deserve to be punished. but I understand there has to be some standard military policy to prevent abandonment of duty (as in post-Katrina New Orleans when many officers who asked to quit to go find their families were forced to stay on duty)
c. the way my bf said it, is if the country ever got in such serious danger that he was recruited by mandatory draft, that means they must be super desperate; so at that point of course he would serve if the life of the nation or planet was that much at stake.

(3.) RE: the issue of homosexuality and military policy
Of course the Constitutional rights to equal protection and nondiscrimination technically apply to the military as a federally funded public institution. In practice, since there has been a certain policy in place, and to change this requires agreed transition to prevent disruption or distraction from military service. [I believe a major mistake made with Roe v Wade was changing policy without first setting up adequate and agreed means or process of handling education and resources to accommodate the changes and prevent abuses, disruption or other issues.] Here, perhaps the military could allow individuals in service to designate if they want to serve or be housed with units under the previous policy (closed, where there is agreement that gays are not allowed and status will not be discussed, as now) or which allow the new policy of mixed status (open, where there is agreement that gays are allowed with freedom to discuss or not discuss status), such as married couples who are housed together in special units. And let military personnel choose if they want to designate their status as C for closed or O for open, and agree to respect both. I think that would accommodate both views equally, giving free choice of either, and allow transition.

In a recent article ("The Illegal Immigration Threat," DefenseWatch, Jan. 14, 2004), I talked about a 19-year old illegal alien who used a bogus green card to enlist in the Army, and how the Army was going to help facilitate getting him citizen status. (The Army's efforts did result in that soldier being sworn in as a U.S. citizen.) Little did I know at the time that that soldier was literally just the latest tip on a monolithic iceberg.

Let me share with you excerpts from the Denver Post article and my varied reactions to them:

The Denver Post article reported:
"[T]he citizenship of 16,031 members of the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines is listed as 'unknown.' That's about one in 100 active-duty military members who might be U.S. citizens, legal immigrants - or just about anybody else."

Military Illegals

do you have a problem with this, or is it just me:
1. I heard a radio interview from a "noncitizen national" who had served in the military for 6 years without issue. Then, after pleading guilty to possession of marijuana, he was ordered deported and has been held in ICE. So since he is not a naturalized citizen, he is slated for deportation back to Jamaica for a drug violation charge (where he has no family since he has lived in the US for 30 years, almost all his life), although he served in the US military to defend the laws and freedoms in this country.
2. CF a case in Houston of an illegal immigrant, with a criminal record who was deported before and returned illegally, who was convicted and confessed to brutally shooting to death a police officer, which is normally a capital offense. Instead he got life in prison without parole. So here is an illegal immigrant WITH a criminal record convicted of a capital offense; and he is being kept in the country and housed and fed on taxpayer dollars for life with access to family and rehabilitation, while the other man who served in the military is being deported for a marijuana violation which is minor in comparison.

I'm experiencing a moral dilemma trying to reconcile this. Does this seem backwards to you, or am I the only one? Can anyone help me justify or rationalize this in a fair way?

It's evil.

An immigrant who served in our military honorably ought to be granted citizenship.

They should not even have to apply for it, either.

Their DD 214 is their citizenship papers as far as I'm concerned.

They're my brothers and I think of them as fellow citizens, that's for damned sure.

I'm all for the draft. Might teach some appreciation for the country instead of just a gimmie gimmie gimmie attitude.

That's a bit insulting to Korean and Vietnam vets, no?

But I do agree that a draft is a bad idea.

Have I ever said otherwise?

You see, if I made an incorrect assumption about you as you have claimed, this is your chance to point it out by answering a few simple fucking questions.

Why didn't you ask me BEFORE you made your asswipe assumption?

Because I didn't. Then you blasted me for making an assumption.

See how we go round and round?

Now why don't you answer the frigging question?

I suspect you are dodging the question for a specific reason.

Now I know, via PM, that Willow is avoiding answering my basic question whether they support homosexuals serving openly in the military.

Instead, they are going to rely on the lame-assed "have I ever said I didn't"?

Weak.

Bump for posterity.

Now I know, via PM, that Willow is avoiding answering my basic question whether they support homosexuals serving openly in the military.

Instead, they are going to rely on the lame-assed "have I ever said I didn't"?

Weak.

Bump for posterity.

hey fucktard.. I don't think you are supposed to discuss PM in the forums.. and you should have asked me what I believed before you assume I thought or did or was against something. see? that's why you are a fucktard... you have been slimed with fucktardedness.

The two situations posted in the beginning do seem unfair, at least in comparison. But what can we do about it? Also, I know Hispainics tend to really work hard (another gross generalization), so it would be logical that they'd make good soldiers. Kinda like Tim Tebow is a good football player.

Regarding the draft...gosh, I hope we never have to resort to that. But I'd rather go than lose one of my brothers in a war. And I'm female.

Forum List

Back