Is Rand Paul the new Sarah Palin?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Is Rand Paul the new Sarah Palin? - The Week

After his rocky debut on the national stage, Rand Paul canceled an appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press," citing "fatigue." Sarah Palin, on Fox News, was sympathetic, saying the Kentucky GOP Senate candidate is learning, as she did in 2008, that "prejudiced" reporters and media personalities are mostly "looking for the gotcha moment" with certain conservatives. Palin's not the first person to compare Paul and herself — Bill Maher on Friday said of Paul, "It's as if Sarah Palin somehow made it through medical school" — but are the two candidates really similar?

The Obama Administration got about $900,000.00 of oil company contributions to the presidential campaign. McCain-Palin, of "Drill, Baby, Drill!" got $2.8 mil. for the race of the losers in the same campaign.

McCain-Palin would go on to prove the point(?)!

The GovernatorNess would then go on to Lie-Along-With-FoxTV-On-Sunday Morning(?), suggesting that it was the Obama Administration that was actually in bed with Big Oil(?). Notice that liberal reporting is a lot more fun!

So it does take a medical school to wonder just what they will think of next. Vatican City, now of the Holy Father's own Christian Hitler Youth, has even announced that it too is paying attention to the creation of the new cells, reported in the news.

No doubt it is being reviewed in the context of a Good Housekeeping matter.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Tie woman to totem, to do holy thing, like Joan of Arc, of White Eyes fame!)

Last edited:
How Rand Paul is the New Sarah Palin

Both emerged from nowhere, became darlings of the right and proceeded to go on devastating media tours which revealed exactly how extreme their views were, and how unprepared they both seemed for national office. But the similarities don't stop there.

Kentucky Senate candidate Rand Paul canceled an appearance on Meet the Press tomorrow, after a week filled with gaffes that revealed unorthodox positions on civil rights (anti) and BP (pro). It's a move straight out of Sarah Palin's playbook. Or Rand Paul's playbook. Because they're the same playbook really, and the same figure.

They both have bizarre and culty associations:

Palin was associated with an extremist Christian church, the Wasilla Assembly of God, where a Kenyan pastor, Thomas Muthee, cast evil spirits from her

Paul, meanwhile, is being held to account for his strange belief in absolutely discredited conspiracy theories — among them his view that Canada and Mexico are plotting a single North American currency, the Amero, and a superhighway that will make the continent into a superstate and remove American sovereignty.

2 Different people, Rand is by far more Libertarian than Palin..

But I have to highly disagree with his stance on the Civil Rights Act..

Isn't it stated "That All Men Are Created Equal" in the Deceleration of Independence? We have to live up to that, saying that Government can't interfere with Companies discriminating against Blacks, Hispanics or Whites is probably the most idiotic statement I've probably ever heard..

How Rand Paul is the New Sarah Palin

Both emerged from nowhere, became darlings of the right and proceeded to go on devastating media tours which revealed exactly how extreme their views were, and how unprepared they both seemed for national office. But the similarities don't stop there.

Kentucky Senate candidate Rand Paul canceled an appearance on Meet the Press tomorrow, after a week filled with gaffes that revealed unorthodox positions on civil rights (anti) and BP (pro). It's a move straight out of Sarah Palin's playbook. Or Rand Paul's playbook. Because they're the same playbook really, and the same figure.

They both have bizarre and culty associations:

Palin was associated with an extremist Christian church, the Wasilla Assembly of God, where a Kenyan pastor, Thomas Muthee, cast evil spirits from her

Paul, meanwhile, is being held to account for his strange belief in absolutely discredited conspiracy theories — among them his view that Canada and Mexico are plotting a single North American currency, the Amero, and a superhighway that will make the continent into a superstate and remove American sovereignty.

The TransTexas highway also took flight as a conspiracy theory, propelled by Rand's daddy, Ron.

Isn't it stated "That All Men Are Created Equal" in the Deceleration of Independence? We have to live up to that, saying that Government can't interfere with Companies discriminating against Blacks, Hispanics or Whites is probably the most idiotic statement I've probably ever heard..

I'm astounded at how many people have emerged in the last week who agree with that idiotic statement. And five years worth of wasting time on political msg boards had me convinced that nothing should astound me.

I do not agree with Rand Paul's politics but he has enough brains to have done critical thinking to come up with his philosophies.

Sarah Palin is an air head.

That even Dick Cheney knew enough to support the OTHER guy in the race tells me he's whacked,

although Cheney may have simply detested Rand Paul's relatively lucid foreign policy views.

After his rocky debut on the national stage, Rand Paul canceled an appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press," citing "fatigue." Sarah Palin, on Fox News, was sympathetic, saying the Kentucky GOP Senate candidate is learning, as she did in 2008, that "prejudiced" reporters and media personalities are mostly "looking for the gotcha moment" with certain conservatives. Palin's not the first person to compare Paul and herself — Bill Maher on Friday said of Paul, "It's as if Sarah Palin somehow made it through medical school" — but are the two candidates really similar?

Anti-immigration? Is that what the leftnuts are saying about anyone who wants to stop illegal immigration? Ridiculous.

Rand isn't running on getting rid of the CRA, though. And he isn't saying "We should go back to the days of Selma!" either explicitly or implicitly.

He was very foot-in-the-mouthy and awkward, but he did raise a few valid points for discussion/debate.

Rand said the interview was fair, but the follow up wasn't. Sarah said the interview was a gotcha. Hmmmmm

does rightwinger wear a tampon ????

Rand Paul has proven one thing for sure:

I really doesn't require high intelligence to become a doctor.

Dedication and $$$, yes, but intelligence, no.

But I suppose that I've known several doctors that have already proven that.

Forum List

Back