Is NOT repealing the ACA good or bad for the GOP in 2018?

There are some pundits who opine that NOT repealing the ACA by a GOP majority in Congress spells their possible loss of the House in 2018, while others conclude that not repealing of Obamacare is actually a "blessing" for republicans.

Bear in mind that throughout Obama's last term in office, the ONLY reason that Ryan and McConnell stated for not handing over a repeal bill to Obama, was his veto pen.....NOW, however, with Trump in the WH, the same "repeal bill" could have passed.....So, what happened and what are the consequences for the GOP???

For incumbent Republicans who talked the talk and campaigned on it and didn't walk the walk by following thru, it will be their undoing. They will be replaced.......but it isn't going to be by Democrats who support the failed ACA. The ACA is why the Democrats lost the SCOTUS, both houses of Congress, the Presidency and the majority of governorships and state legislatures across the land. The people that voted the Democrats out don't want the m back. They will still vote Republican, but they will replace the talkers for the walkers to get the job done.

Yep, you're right, sort of. State Governors don't draw districts. That process is usually handled by the state legislatures.

Of course i know that......Nonetheless, I'm sure you're not implying that the governor cannot set the agenda for some quid pro quo redistricting..

he ACA is why the Democrats lost the SCOTUS, both houses of Congress, the Presidency and the majority of governorships and state legislatures across the land.

WOW, what a big load of bullshit......In your half brain all of democrats' woes stem ONLY because of the ACA???............Go take a nap.

I am guessing we can expect more of this sort of news. GOP incumbent senators better tighten up their shit. If this sort of action gets legs the way the Orange Clown's presidential run did, well that does not bode well for the left, not well at all.

Nevada senator faces pro-Trump challenge in GOP primary

Republican Danny Tarkanian, a prominent Las Vegas businessman, announced Tuesday he is mounting a primary challenge to Nevada Sen. Dean Heller, considered one of the Senate's most vulnerable Republicans in 2018.

The bid by Tarkanian, 55, who aligns himself with President Donald Trump, makes good on conservatives' threats to challenge incumbents they blame for hurting their years-long quest to dismantle the Obama-era health care law.

Yep, you're right, sort of. State Governors don't draw districts. That process is usually handled by the state legislatures.

Of course i know that......Nonetheless, I'm sure you're not implying that the governor cannot set the agenda for some quid pro quo redistricting..

I'm saying I'd rather own the state legislature than the governor's office when it comes to laying out congressional districts.

I am guessing we can expect more of this sort of news. GOP incumbent senators better tighten up their shit. If this sort of action gets legs the way the Orange Clown's presidential run did, well that does not bode well for the left, not well at all.

Republican Danny Tarkanian, a prominent Las Vegas businessman, announced Tuesday he is mounting a primary challenge to Nevada Sen. Dean Heller, considered one of the Senate's most vulnerable Republicans in 2018.

The bid by Tarkanian, 55, who aligns himself with President Donald Trump, makes good on conservatives' threats to challenge incumbents they blame for hurting their years-long quest to dismantle the Obama-era health care law.

Tarkanian will face Jacky Rosen as the D opponent (strongly endorsed by the crooked but wily Harry Reid)

June 13-14, 2017
Survey of 706 Nevada voters
June 13-14, 2017
Survey of 706 Nevada voters

Q1
Do you approve or disapprove of PresidentDonald Trump’s job performance?
44% Approve
50% Disapprove
7% Not sure
Q2
Do you approve or disapprove of Senator Dean Heller’s job performance?
31% Approve
44% Disapprove
25% Not sure
Q3
Generally speaking, if the election for U. S.Senate were held today, would you vote forRepublican Dean Heller, or his Democratic opponent?
39% Dean Heller
46% Democratic opponent
14% Not sure

I am sure that Democrats are very happy about this. Trump lost the state in 2016 and Democrats picked up 1 House seat, the one chamber of the legislature that they did not control, and retained the US Senate seat. Right know, I would guess that this is a likely Democrat pickup no matter who wins the primary.

If I were advising the Democrats, I would tell them to focus on the House bill that repealed Obamacare. There were 3 things in Obamacare that had strong, bipartisan support. Keeping children on their parents' policy until they are 26, subsidies for low income people, and protection for pre-existing conditions. The House bill would have done away with 2 of the 3. Voters wanted it fixed not replaced and certainly not repealed.

That being said, I think whoever has control, it will be very narrow. It likely will be in the single digits and could be as low as 1 or 2 seats.

There are some pundits who opine that NOT repealing the ACA by a GOP majority in Congress spells their possible loss of the House in 2018, while others conclude that not repealing of Obamacare is actually a "blessing" for republicans.

Bear in mind that throughout Obama's last term in office, the ONLY reason that Ryan and McConnell stated for not handing over a repeal bill to Obama, was his veto pen.....NOW, however, with Trump in the WH, the same "repeal bill" could have passed.....So, what happened and what are the consequences for the GOP???
Health care costs will continue to skyrocket. I do not see how this could possibly be good for Trump or the Republicans who promised costs would be drastically cut.
I don't see how it can be good for any democrat either or those who should be democrats but call themselves Republicans.
Trump won because he promised to repeal and replace Obamacare. He has failed because he was lying. He will be punished for that. Every time health care goes up he will be at fault. No one else.
Trump is not congress. Trump is not a democrat. The democrats didn't vote for repeal it is them who are responsible for the POS in the first place and it is them who are responsible for not repealing it. I realize that after 8 years of screwing by Obama you think the president is a dictator but that is not the case and the people know it. The democrats did nothing and they will be held accountable just as they have been.

You people have been so wrong about Trump for so long you would think you would learn, maybe learning isn't a strong point with democrats.
Excuses excuses. Trump said he was going to repeal Obamacare and replace it. He said it would be so easy. He said he was the only one who could fix DC.

You people brag and brag about what a massive majority the Republicans have everywhere. Now you are trying to whine it is the Democrats fault somehow. You cannot have it both ways hypocrite. Your man lied to all of America. He will pay for that.

If Trump was a leader like Reagan he would have repealed and replaced Obamacare. Reagan had a Democratic House and still got everything he wanted. Your man is a lying wimp. He has no leadership skills at all. He is a total failure.
My, my, wasn't it the left wing talking up how the right wing were obstructionists even though they were not the majority? Oh yeah they did. Now the glove is on the other hand and you all are struck with amnesia or are just hypocrites.

You folks misread the American people last election and you have not learned a thing since. We the deplorables know who is responsible for ACA and we see who is responsible for voting in a block not to repeal and replace. You can try and project it any way you want but the American people are on to you and your ilk.

Health care costs will continue to skyrocket. I do not see how this could possibly be good for Trump or the Republicans who promised costs would be drastically cut.
I don't see how it can be good for any democrat either or those who should be democrats but call themselves Republicans.
Trump won because he promised to repeal and replace Obamacare. He has failed because he was lying. He will be punished for that. Every time health care goes up he will be at fault. No one else.
Trump is not congress. Trump is not a democrat. The democrats didn't vote for repeal it is them who are responsible for the POS in the first place and it is them who are responsible for not repealing it. I realize that after 8 years of screwing by Obama you think the president is a dictator but that is not the case and the people know it. The democrats did nothing and they will be held accountable just as they have been.

You people have been so wrong about Trump for so long you would think you would learn, maybe learning isn't a strong point with democrats.
Excuses excuses. Trump said he was going to repeal Obamacare and replace it. He said it would be so easy. He said he was the only one who could fix DC.

You people brag and brag about what a massive majority the Republicans have everywhere. Now you are trying to whine it is the Democrats fault somehow. You cannot have it both ways hypocrite. Your man lied to all of America. He will pay for that.

If Trump was a leader like Reagan he would have repealed and replaced Obamacare. Reagan had a Democratic House and still got everything he wanted. Your man is a lying wimp. He has no leadership skills at all. He is a total failure.
My, my, wasn't it the left wing talking up how the right wing were obstructionists even though they were not the majority? Oh yeah they did. Now the glove is on the other hand and you all are struck with amnesia or are just hypocrites.

You folks misread the American people last election and you have not learned a thing since. We the deplorables know who is responsible for ACA and we see who is responsible for voting in a block not to repeal and replace. You can try and project it any way you want but the American people are on to you and your ilk.
Excuses excuses. Where is Trump's plan? He said he had one. Where is it? Excuses excuses. Your excuses will not hide the fact Trump lied.

Every increase in the cost of health care is on Trump because he lied and you were stupid enough to believe him.

Trump won because he was running against Hillary. She couldn't even beat a person like Trump, man that is a laugher.

Besides if he did win to repeal and replace then you have to admit that is what the people wanted and ALL the democrats voted against. So it is THEY who are responsible.

Trump promised to repeal and replace. He promised health care would be a tiny fraction of the cost. He said it would be so easy.

He lied. Period.

Every rise in health care is on Trump and the idiots who believed him. You dolts should have picked a Republican who could do the job instead of a showman liar. You were dazzled by his bullshit. Now you will pay more for health care.

At every future Trump ego rally his supporters should chant "What's The Plan? What's The Plan? What's The Plan?" over and over until Trump coughs up his health care plan. They should not let the liar get away with making them pay higher and higher health care costs.

When 6 months into his administration Trump "claims" that the stock market rise, lowered unemployment rates, etc. ARE ALL HIS DOING because of his "great leadership skills".....

However, when 6 months into his administration someone mentions the failures of "repeal and replace", Trump-child will STILL blame Obama and a congress that just does not understand or abide by his "great leadership skills"
Trump has no leadership skills. He is seven months into his Administration and has not signed a single piece of important legislation. He is causing health care costs to keep going up. The man in the street is not benefiting from the stock market but he is being hurt by Trump's rising health care costs. Trump will pay for that.

He is deregulating several industries, like the transportation, so his moves are helping the small business and working middle class. Those were his base and he has been doing what he said he would do. I still think he needs to shut down his twitter. However, those in certain industries are beginning to see results.

Trump promised to repeal and replace. He promised health care would be a tiny fraction of the cost. He said it would be so easy.

He lied. Period.

Every rise in health care is on Trump and the idiots who believed him. You dolts should have picked a Republican who could do the job instead of a showman liar. You were dazzled by his bullshit. Now you will pay more for health care.

You can keep your doctor, you can keep your insurance, cost will drop. All lies by Obama. Now we have areas in the country with no options for Obamacare, the Dems screwed America over once again.

he ACA is why the Democrats lost the SCOTUS, both houses of Congress, the Presidency and the majority of governorships and state legislatures across the land.

WOW, what a big load of bullshit......In your half brain all of democrats' woes stem ONLY because of the ACA???............Go take a nap.

All of the democrats woes? Heavens no, those are too many to list. But their decent did start with Obama spending all of his capital on the turd and Reid passing it on a technicality. Much of their loss of power is directly a result of the failed ACA. But you're correct, they have a multitude of woes to go along with the straw that broke the camel's back.

At least he went to a military school, how about draft dodging Clinton or Obama?
1385.gif

Forum List

Back