Is Jeff Sessions next on the chopping block?

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Seems that Trump has a working function going on at Camp David this weekend, and all his major staffers, as well as GOP party leaders are all going to be there to discuss policy.

Everyone that is, except Jeff Sessions. Seems that Sessions wasn't invited. Wonder if that is because Trump is still pissed that Sessions recused himself and was unable to stop the Russian investigation? And, because Sessions was pointedly excluded while everyone else was invited, does this mean that Sessions will be the next to go?

Scott Pruitt (EPA head) has already expressed interest in taking Sessions' job, and has said that he would gladly take it if picked.

Sessions not invited to Trump meet, Pruitt interested in AG post

afp-v733n.jpg

The relationship between Trump and Sessions has reportedly soured in recent months.
(NICHOLAS KAMM/AFP/Getty Images)
Attorney General Jeff Sessions is one of the few cabinet members who will not attend an inner-circle legislative meeting hosted by President Trump this weekend, fueling speculation about growing tensions between the two men.

Meanwhile, Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt, who will attend the meeting at Camp David, indicated this week that he'd be willing to lead the Justice Department, according to a report.

Pruitt has been telling close associates at the EPA that he would be up to fill Sessions' shoes if Trump gives him the boot, one person familiar with the matter told Politico.

I think this little incident shows that Sessions' time in government is coming to a close. And, the sad thing about it is, his seat in Congress has already been filled, so if he's fired, he's gotta go home.

Sessions needs to go. I'm sure he means well but he just doesn't seem to be able to figure it out.

I wonder if Trump is going to give Sessions the boot so that he can finally stop the Russia investigation?

i'm hearing the Sessions was excluded because something is supposedly going on and TRUMP doesn't want to be accused of influencing Sessions . I'll get the article if i can find it again .

Rex Tillerson will go soon after Sessions, and then Jared Kushner will cop a plea with Robert Mueller in the hope to avoid any prison time.

i'm hearing the Sessions was excluded because something is supposedly going on and TRUMP doesn't want to be accused of influencing Sessions . I'll get the article if i can find it again .

Thank you. If you can find it, please post a link in this thread.

Seems that Trump has a working function going on at Camp David this weekend, and all his major staffers, as well as GOP party leaders are all going to be there to discuss policy.

Everyone that is, except Jeff Sessions. Seems that Sessions wasn't invited. Wonder if that is because Trump is still pissed that Sessions recused himself and was unable to stop the Russian investigation? And, because Sessions was pointedly excluded while everyone else was invited, does this mean that Sessions will be the next to go?

Scott Pruitt (EPA head) has already expressed interest in taking Sessions' job, and has said that he would gladly take it if picked.

afp-v733n.jpg

The relationship between Trump and Sessions has reportedly soured in recent months.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions is one of the few cabinet members who will not attend an inner-circle legislative meeting hosted by President Trump this weekend, fueling speculation about growing tensions between the two men.

Meanwhile, Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt, who will attend the meeting at Camp David, indicated this week that he'd be willing to lead the Justice Department, according to a report.

Pruitt has been telling close associates at the EPA that he would be up to fill Sessions' shoes if Trump gives him the boot, one person familiar with the matter told Politico.
It is the kiss of death (Mafia term) when you are NOT invited to a Trump party.

I think this little incident shows that Sessions' time in government is coming to a close. And, the sad thing about it is, his seat in Congress has already been filled, so if he's fired, he's gotta go home.
It was a big mistake for Sessions to give up his Senate seat for a post in Trump's White House.

As we have seen, your lifespan in Trump's White House is only a few heartbeats or two.

"You're Fired" is the only trick that Trump The One Trick Pony knows.

With the constant turnover of the Cabinet and others in government, I'm afraid to leave the house fearing Trump will be calling.

afp-v733n.jpg

Hope so! He has been VERY ineffective and seems to lack the balls to make the hard decisions.

Forum List

Back