Is it possible for atheism to ever be anything more than critical theory?

If it didn't originate from the material world and it didn't originate from the spiritual world, then it must have originated from winterborn's mind.

You are defining the spiritual world, not me. I said I do not believe it originated from the material world. If there are incorporeal things, that does not necessarily mean there are sentient spirits.
I am trying to explain to you that your beliefs are mutually exclusive.

And I am trying to explain to you that they are not. I simply believe that not all incorporeal things are god.
Ok, but other than spirits and such I can’t think of anything which is incorporeal that isn’t from the material world.

To be considered a believer in dualism beliefs in spirits are required. Believing in the incorporeal won’t make you a believer in dualism.

So you would be considered a materialist because you don’t believe in spirits.

According to you, belief in spirits is a belief in god. I have repeatedly stated that I do not believe in any sentience in the incorporeal.

If it didn't originate from the material world and it didn't originate from the spiritual world, then it must have originated from winterborn's mind.

You are defining the spiritual world, not me. I said I do not believe it originated from the material world. If there are incorporeal things, that does not necessarily mean there are sentient spirits.

And I am trying to explain to you that they are not. I simply believe that not all incorporeal things are god.
Ok, but other than spirits and such I can’t think of anything which is incorporeal that isn’t from the material world.

To be considered a believer in dualism beliefs in spirits are required. Believing in the incorporeal won’t make you a believer in dualism.

According to you, belief in spirits is a belief in god. I have repeatedly stated that I do not believe in any sentience in the incorporeal.
Not for the purpose of this discussion it’s not.

If you didn’t believe in sentience in your vague description then there would have been no real way for you to have perceived it.

Let’s take karma as an example, fair enough?

If you didn’t believe in sentience in your vague description then there would have been no real way for you to have perceived it.

Funny, when I didn't disagree with you using the term "spirit" I was agreeing with you about souls, and that means god. You can't have it both ways.

Funny, when I didn't disagree with you using the term "spirit" I was agreeing with you about souls, and that means god. You can't have it both ways.
You’ll have to show me where I said that this conversation has droned on.

We were talking about a lifeforce. You know before you changed your mind.

But let’s use karma. Is karma sentient?

Karma would have to be sentient. Since it involves judging the actions of people. But then, I don't believe in karma.

Karma would have to be sentient. Since it involves judging the actions of people. But then, I don't believe in karma.
And you could sense karma.

But there is no way that you can sense what you are describing so there is no way for it to make it’s presence known to you as this fictional incorporeal thing that is not sentient has no physical presence that you could sense.

So unless it is sentient it can’t contact you.

And sense it isn’t physical you can’t see, touch, hear, taste or smell it.

But there is no way that you can sense what you are describing so there is no way for it to make it’s presence known to you as this fictional incorporeal thing that is not sentient has no physical presence that you could sense.

There are any number of forms the incorporeal can make itself known. Intuition, Deja vu, seeing a ghost repeating a single action over and over for years, feeling a power in a place or object, having a vision or seeing the future, would be just a few. While the ghost might be said to have originated from a material person, the fact that it repeats a single action over and over tells me it is not sentient and not actually part of the person.

There are any number of forms the incorporeal can make itself known. Intuition, Deja vu, seeing a ghost repeating a single action over and over for years, feeling a power in a place or object, having a vision or seeing the future, would be just a few. While the ghost might be said to have originated from a material person, the fact that it repeats a single action over and over tells me it is not sentient and not actually part of the person.
No. There are not any number of forms the incorporeal can make itself known. There is only one, you can sense it. And the only way you can do this is if it communicates directly with your mind or spirit. You can’t see, hear, smell, touch or taste it. The only way it can make itself known is through communication. You can’t intuit something that does not exist in material form that has no sentience. Heck that literally means this fictional thing you believe in doesn’t even know you exist. But you expect me to believe you know it exists?

A ghost would be considered a spirit and you don’t believe in spirits.

Intuition comes from you. That’s the material world. What did your intuition tell you this non-sentient, non-material, not of this world thing is? I mean if you are claiming you intuited it, you ought be able to describe your intuition, right?

Deja vu also comes from you. It isn’t an incorporeal that originated from incorporeal.

No. There are not any number of forms the incorporeal can make itself known. There is only one, you can sense it. And the only way you can do this is if it communicates directly with your mind or spirit. You can’t see, hear, smell, touch or taste it. The only way it can make itself known is through communication. You can’t intuit something that does not exist in material form that has no sentience. Heck that literally means this fictional thing you believe in doesn’t even know you exist. But you expect me to believe you know it exists?

Intuition comes from you. That’s the material world. What did your intuition tell you this non-sentient, non-material, not of this world thing is? I mean if you are claiming you intuited it, you ought be able to describe your intuition, right?

A ghost might be considered a spirit. But if the apparition is seen just repeating one action, over and over, for years, it is not the spirit of the person. Would the spirit of a person only repeat a few minutes (at best) of a 30 year lifespan? And not communicate with anyone?

I don't expect you to believe I know it exists. Because I never said I know it exists. I said I believe it exists.

A ghost might be considered a spirit. But if the apparition is seen just repeating one action, over and over, for years, it is not the spirit of the person. Would the spirit of a person only repeat a few minutes (at best) of a 30 year lifespan? And not communicate with anyone?

I don't expect you to believe I know it exists. Because I never said I know it exists. I said I believe it exists.
Who else’s spirit would it be?

Besides if you believe that you believe it used to be someone’s spirit and you are still back to believing in spirits. So is your final answer you now believe in spirits?

Besides if you believe that you believe it used to be someone’s spirit and you are still back to believing in spirits. So is your final answer you now believe in spirits?

It would help if you read all of what I post. "...the fact that it repeats a single action over and over tells me it is not sentient and not actually part of the person".

I have given you my explanation of how incorporeal things could be sensed. Are you really spending this much time trying to "prove" my beliefs are wrong? lol

It would help if you read all of what I post. "...the fact that it repeats a single action over and over tells me it is not sentient and not actually part of the person".

I have given you my explanation of how incorporeal things could be sensed. Are you really spending this much time trying to "prove" my beliefs are wrong? lol
I have read your posts. Me reading your posts is what got you into trouble.

Can you tell me what you intuited about it then?

Because since it isn't sentient and not a spirit I am struggling how you made contact with it.

Because since it isn't sentient and not a spirit I am struggling how you made contact with it.

Got me in trouble? LMAO!! I am hardly in trouble.

How did I sense it? If we are talking about the "ghost" as I have described it, they are seen. And countless people have reported seeing them. I can't recall more than a handful of stories of them communicating with one, but countless stories of them being seen.

How did I sense it? If we are talking about the "ghost" as I have described it, they are seen. And countless people have reported seeing them. I can't recall more than a handful of stories of them communicating with one, but countless stories of them being seen.
So this incorporeal that you believe in are ghosts? That’s the thing you have personal experience with?

Remember you said you had personal experiences that led you to believe in them?

So this incorporeal that you believe in are ghosts? That’s the thing you have personal experience with?

Remember you said you had personal experiences that led you to believe in them?

No.

Forum List

Back