Is it moral to have this much of the world's resources?

You know governmental charity.....welfare, foodstamps, medicaid, medicare.....etc....

Look at the previous post for the explanation for "whatever it takes" comment.

this is why the estate tax is so great. you can't say the people enheriting their parents money earned it.

ps. solution for social security:

you can invest in gov bonds and they pay 5 percent guaranteed. so why not do that with my ss payments now? and the gov can pay seniors with the extra. if they make 6 percent with my money, use that.

and rich ppl can invest too. or, if they want to opt out, then they can, but they have to pay in a minimum. that's to help welfare or diasabled ppl that didn't pay in but still collect.

and you can put a lot in or just the minimum. but what you put in is what you get out. and this is not the stock market. this is gov backed bonds!

this is why the estate tax is so great. you can't say the people enheriting their parents money earned it.

ps. solution for social security:

you can invest in gov bonds and they pay 5 percent guaranteed. so why not do that with my ss payments now? and the gov can pay seniors with the extra. if they make 6 percent with my money, use that.

and rich ppl can invest too. or, if they want to opt out, then they can, but they have to pay in a minimum. that's to help welfare or diasabled ppl that didn't pay in but still collect.

and you can put a lot in or just the minimum. but what you put in is what you get out. and this is not the stock market. this is gov backed bonds!

What do you do about the 2 trillion dollars that are missing?
Social Security surpluses already go into bonds, :eusa_whistle:

The recent sale of Anheuser-Busch is telling. Consider the free market moonies who preach the rich should be richer so they can do what exactly? Take the resources, creativity, experience, and even jobs and sell them to the highest bidders. Too telling and appropriate to this thread for further comment.

Job Cuts Inevitable For InBev-Anheuser - Forbes.com

The recent sale of Anheuser-Busch is telling. Consider the free market moonies who preach the rich should be richer so they can do what exactly? Take the resources, creativity, experience, and even jobs and sell them to the highest bidders. Too telling and appropriate to this thread for further comment.

I have a family member who works for Anheuser Busch in a blue collar position, and they're not worried, seeing as how they're in the union. In any case, the people who are going to find themselves getting the boot are mostly corporate, I thought you would applaud that?

It's inevitable in this trend of rampant globalization that things like this will happen. I think that there are great reasons for the rich to have as much money as they do: charity. For instance, the contribution of the Gates Foundation to worldwide relief last year totally eclipsed the entire budget of the World Health Organization. Bureaucratic institutions simply don't do the job as well as individuals with entrepreneurial spirit.

I have a family member who works for Anheuser Busch in a blue collar position, and they're not worried, seeing as how they're in the union. In any case, the people who are going to find themselves getting the boot are mostly corporate, I thought you would applaud that?

It's inevitable in this trend of rampant globalization that things like this will happen. I think that there are great reasons for the rich to have as much money as they do: charity. For instance, the contribution of the Gates Foundation to worldwide relief last year totally eclipsed the entire budget of the World Health Organization. Bureaucratic institutions simply don't do the job as well as individuals with entrepreneurial spirit.

I applaud no loss of America. And charity needs to be done in a way that continues and is organized, it is nice Gates has so much money he can share some but if poverty existed 100 years ago, 50 years ago, and still today we sure as hell are doing something wrong. Give to UNICEF.

Foreign Affairs - Offshoring: The Next Industrial Revolution? - Alan S. Blinder

1 they are breaking unions

2 a lot of union ppl don't worry until.....

3. chrysler sold bldg to dubai

it is a problem that foreign companies are buying up america on the cheap. you don't see a problem with anything. you must not know.....shit.

I think only about 8% of the population are now members of a union.

Much of the sorry state of the middle class has to do with the decline of unions, and Free Trade.

Underpaid workers don't pay much in FICA or social security and medicade taxes. Illegal alines often don't pay a damned thing.

Throw in the tax cuts for billionaires and you begin to understand why our Federal, State and local goverments are going broke.

Throw in the tax cuts for billionaires and you begin to understand why our Federal, State and local goverments are going broke.

:clap2:

Tax cuts are just a pretty name for welfare.

Last edited:
1 they are breaking unions

2 a lot of union ppl don't worry until.....

3. chrysler sold bldg to dubai

it is a problem that foreign companies are buying up america on the cheap. you don't see a problem with anything. you must not know.....shit.

I think you are rather overestimating the danger of the situation. Even when South African Breweries took over Miller, the Miller plants that were supported by the teamsters managed to fight and keep their benefits, such as overtime and lower healthcare costs. While you all are correct that the Unions have declined sharply from the position of power they once held, I still believe the teamsters have enough clout to see the 12 plants in the US through this.

And then on the other hand, my family member, like most employees, had alot invested in company stock. Even if they lose their job, not a bad severance package when the price they offered was so exorbitant.

Much of the sorry state of the middle class has to do with the decline of unions, and Free Trade.

Underpaid workers don't pay much in FICA or social security and medicade taxes. Illegal alines often don't pay a damned thing.

Oh shit, not this again, the top 50% pay 98% of all income taxes. What do you propose them paying the other 2% as well? Especially considering low income workers gets an earned income credit, which is a net tax revenue loss. In other words someone gets more money from the tax system than they actually pay into it. :wtf:

[/b]

Oh shit, not this again, the top 50% pay 98% of all income taxes. What do you propose them paying the other 2% as well? Especially considering low income workers gets an earned income credit, which is a net tax revenue loss. In other words someone gets more money from the tax system than they actually pay into it. :wtf:

Heads up sport. I was not faulting tax breaks for the upper half of the incomes bracket.

But I get your point. Oh, those poor multibillionaires.

How thoughtless of me to point out that they're richer now than any time in American history, even while the middle class and Federal State and Local goverment are all going broke.

What was I thinking?

I must not yet understand my place in the New World Order like you do.

Give me time, though, okay?

I'm old enough to remember when the point of having governments was to take care of ALL the people, not just the insiders and the class traitors who worship them, so it will take me a while to forget what it was like when our national leadership actually gave a shit about the people.

[/B]

the problem is reagan cut the taxes for the richest ppl. then us middle classers started taking on more of the burden and the debt rose. THEN GW cut their taxes even more.

yes iraq and pork also contribute to our problems, but make no mstake, the rich aren't paying their fair share.

sure the taxes they pay will sound like a lot to a broke ass like you, but it is not their fair share.

Heads up sport. I was not faulting tax breaks for the upper half of the incomes bracket.

But I get your point. Oh, those poor multibillionaires.

How thoughtless of me to point out that they're richer now than any time in American history, even while the middle class and Federal State and Local goverment are all going broke.

What was I thinking?

I must not yet understand my place in the New World Order like you do.

Give me time, though, okay?

I'm old enough to remember when the point of having governments was to take care of ALL the people, not just the insiders and the class traitors who worship them, so it will take me a while to forget what it was like when our national leadership actually gave a shit about the people.

The War on Poverty is the name for legislation first introduced by United States President Lyndon B. Johnson during his State of the Union address on January 8, 1964. This legislation was proposed by Johnson in response to the difficult economic conditions associated with a national poverty rate of around nineteen percent. The War on Poverty speech led the United States Congress to pass the Economic Opportunity Act, a law that established the Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO) to administrate the local application of federal funds targeted against poverty.[1]

As a part of the Great Society, Johnson's view of a federally directed application of resources to expand the government's role in social welfare programs from education to healthcare was a continuation of Franklin Delano Roosevelt's New Deal and Four Freedoms speech from the 1930s and 1940s.

The concept of a war on poverty waned after the 1960s. Deregulation, growing criticism of the welfare state, and an ideological shift to reducing federal aid to impoverished people in the 1980s and 1990s culminated in the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996, that Bill Clinton claimed "end[ed] welfare as we know it." Nonetheless, the legacy of the War on Poverty remains in the continued existence of such federal programs as Head Start and Job Corps.

War on Poverty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually, before the 1960's there was very little spending on social programs. So actually, income redistribution is a relatively new social agenda.

the problem is reagan cut the taxes for the richest ppl. then us middle classers started taking on more of the burden and the debt rose. THEN GW cut their taxes even more.

yes iraq and pork also contribute to our problems, but make no mstake, the rich aren't paying their fair share.

sure the taxes they pay will sound like a lot to a broke ass like you, but it is not their fair share.

It's largely a waste of time trying to explain to some people that the rich pay more taxes because they make so dmaned much of the overall income.

Sure they're paying a huge percentage of the taxes.

They make that fucking much money.

And they make that much money and own that much stuff because the workers don't make enough to keep going, too.

these quislings to the superrich whine about fairness when it comes to how hard it is that the superwealthy pay taxes, but like to remind people that the world's not fair when people complain that they can't find a job that pays a living salary.

Meanwhile these notwits can't understand why our society is turning into a third world nation and blame that on liberals or bBlacks or immigrants or anyone but the people they pander to.

Class traitors, folks.

Seriouslym pandering quislings the lot of them.

Taxes and Growth | Do the Rich and Businesses Pay their Fair Share?
Critics of Bush's three tax relief plans charge that only the wealthy benefited from the reductions in marginal tax rates. But is this true? And more broadly, do the wealthiest Americans pay their "fair share" of the tax burden?

The evidence shows that all Americans, rich and poor, benefited from President Bush's tax cuts. The rich saw taxes on their dividends and capital gains reduced (as well as their income taxes), and personal income tax rates were slashed across the board, which encompassed every middle-class taxpayer. Even the poor, who generally do not pay income taxes, were rewarded with a higher Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and child tax credits.

ignorant....:eusa_whistle:

It's largely a waste of time trying to explain to some people that the rich pay more taxes because they make so dmaned much of the overall income.

Sure they're paying a huge percentage of the taxes.

They make that fucking much money.

And they make that much money and own that much stuff because the workers don't make enough to keep going, too.

these quislings to the superrich whine about fairness when it comes to how hard it is that the superwealthy pay taxes, but like to remind people that the world's not fair when people complain that they can't find a job that pays a living salary.

Meanwhile these notwits can't understand why our society is turning into a third world nation and blame that on liberals or bBlacks or immigrants or anyone but the people they pander to.

Class traitors, folks.

Seriouslym pandering quislings the lot of them.

:omg:What did we do before this new social agenda started in the 60's?

:omg:What did we do before this new social agenda started in the 60's?

some ignorant fucks would argue that beyond $200k, rich people shouldn't pay any additional taxes because they don't get any extra use out of our roads or schools than the rest of us so why should they pay anymore?

because they do benefit more. and the system will just fall apart if they don't pay. that's why we need the death tax.

now if politicians would stop blowing so much money, maybe we can fix what is wrong. then everyones taxes can be lowered. not before.

we all agree all politicians spend too much. i'll agree dems are too liberal with our money if republicans will admit they are not fiscally responsible.

they bankrupted us thru defense spending and pork and liberals like all social programs.

What decline??
What sorry state?
Who is going broke?
The all time record high for wages was reached in June 2008, $18.04 per hour.
If you want to help the middle-class, cut taxes.

Taxes and Growth | Do the Rich and Businesses Pay their Fair Share?
Critics of Bush's three tax relief plans charge that only the wealthy benefited from the reductions in marginal tax rates. But is this true? And more broadly, do the wealthiest Americans pay their "fair share" of the tax burden?

The evidence shows that all Americans, rich and poor, benefited from President Bush's tax cuts. The rich saw taxes on their dividends and capital gains reduced (as well as their income taxes), and personal income tax rates were slashed across the board, which encompassed every middle-class taxpayer. Even the poor, who generally do not pay income taxes, were rewarded with a higher Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and child tax credits.

ignorant....:eusa_whistle:

Yup. Since Bush's presidency I have seen tax returns of around $7000 per year on a pittance of a salary.

Don't tell me the only people who have benefited are the rich. It's complete hogwash.

Forum List

Back