is it appropriate for obama to call the police stupid?

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
Obama: Cambridge police acted 'stupidly' in Gates arrest - National Politics Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

President Obama addressed he arrest of Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his Cambridge home during his news conference tonight, saying that "anyone would be angry" and "the Cambridge police acted stupidly."

Obama prefaced his reply by saying that "I might be a little biased here" because "Skip Gates" is a friend, and by acknowledging that "I don't know all the facts."

don't let that stop you, mr president.

Well at least he was being honest in saying he didn't know all the facts. I'm pretty sure that's not how it went down but if it was, then the police in that situation did act in a stupid manner.

However, it would of been better if he had refrained from responding to that question because he didn't know all the facts. We both know that he'd be attacked anyway for "dodging the issue". :eusa_eh:

Certainly not without having all the facts. And I don't mean the facts as presented in the press.

Didn't he also mention something about not being there so he doesn't know everything. Not that makes much of a difference but at least he just didn't say from what he heard in the media.

Certainly not without having all the facts. And I don't mean the facts as presented in the press.

Didn't he also mention something about not being there so he doesn't know everything. Not that makes much of a difference but at least he just didn't say from what he heard in the media.

I almost added:

And not what his friend said happened or what the police said happened.

The truth is, I don't think any of us will ever know what really transpired in this instance. My guess is that there is plenty of blame to go around. The prof was frustrated and over reacted, the cop over reacted, the guy without the gun and cuffs goes to jail.

I almost added:

And not what his friend said happened or what the police said happened.

The truth is, I don't think any of us will ever know what really transpired in this instance. My guess is that there is plenty of blame to go around. The prof was frustrated and over reacted, the cop over reacted, the guy without the gun and cuffs goes to jail.

Probably not, one side will continue to say one thing and the other side another. At this point, I doubt we'll see either side admit defeat. Though I doubt we'll see any sort of lawsuit. I only say that because I don't think there's much ground for a lawsuit in this case?

I agree there is plenty of blame to go around though. Both parties in this situation did things that ended up with the end result. I don't think the cop was just out to "arrest the black guy", and I don't think the Professor was out trying to get himself arrested like I've seen some accuse on this board.

everybody knows or should know by now there are different rules for white presidents, white policemen and black presidents and black policemen.. different rules for democwats and republicans. now del,, why did you ask that question? seriously!

is it appropriate for obama to call the police stupid?

When it comes to blacks, they only know two words to call the police. Stupid and racist. The thing that worries me now about Obama is that the next time he happens to go to Alabama, those state troopers down there might do a bit of racial profiling and pull his motorcade over. Hey, just because he's traveling in a motorcade doesn't really mean he's the President... They might want to ask him if they are stupid.:lol:

When it comes to blacks, they only know two words to call the police. Stupid and racist. The thing that worries me now about Obama is that the next time he happens to go to Alabama, those state troopers down there might do a bit of racial profiling and pull his motorcade over. Hey, just because he's traveling in a motorcade doesn't really mean he's the President... They might want to ask him if they are stupid.:lol:

Cause that's not racist or anything. :rolleyes:

Obama: Cambridge police acted 'stupidly' in Gates arrest - National Politics Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

President Obama addressed he arrest of Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his Cambridge home during his news conference tonight, saying that "anyone would be angry" and "the Cambridge police acted stupidly."

Obama prefaced his reply by saying that "I might be a little biased here" because "Skip Gates" is a friend, and by acknowledging that "I don't know all the facts."

FAIL Logic 101! If you don't have all the facts, you can't say the police acted 'stupidly'.

FAIL Logic 101! If you don't have all the facts, you can't say the police acted 'stupidly'.

since when did a democwat let facts get in his way?

The police dropped charges. Clearly they knew at the time of the arrest that Gates was the homeowner, not an intruder. They wanted to teach him a lesson. A waste of tax payer money.

This is pretty stupid though also:

Black leaders continued to condemn the actions of a Cambridge police sergeant who handcuffed the African-American professor outside his own home Thursday. Gates extended an unusual offer to the officer: in exchange for an apology, personal tutoring sessions on the history of racism in America.

No charge, but Gates case seethes - The Boston Globe

The police dropped charges. Clearly they knew at the time of the arrest that Gates was the homeowner, not an intruder. They wanted to teach him a lesson. A waste of tax payer money.

no intimidation involved??? in that decision doyathink???:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back