Is evading and cheating on your taxes patriotic?

Do you advocate evading and cheating on your taxes?

• Total voters

kaz

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2010
Kazmania
By evasion, I am referring to:

1) Doing legal maneuvers which are designed only to not pay taxes, such as setting up trusts, moving to Canada, lease/buyback deals, that sort of thing. They are legal, but are done only to not pay taxes and for no other reason.

2) Doing grey legal maneuvers which are judgement calls. If you fight the IRS and lose, you are going to pay back taxes and interest, but probably not penalties.

By cheating, I am referring to overtly illegal maneuvers such as not declaring income.

if the grey/loopholes are there to take, then I don't see it as cheating....

the loopholes that were put in there, just need to be closed, in many cases.

Anything that is legal is ok to republicans. Sorta like going to a foreign country and banging a underaged girl. Not against the law so no foul.

But if you step outside of the legal / illegal argument most would agree that it doesnt help the country. But thats also if one was being honest and not motivated by politics or worshiping the wealthy

You realize of course that when police and the FBI couldn't get anything on master criminals the way they usually got them was for tax evasion? :)

Nothing more terrifying than an army of IRS tax auditors. :)

You realize of course that when police and the FBI couldn't get anything on master criminals the way they usually got them was for tax evasion? :)

Nothing more terrifying than an army of IRS tax auditors. :)

Of course I know that. Al Capone being one of the more notable. They have a huge advantage with taxes. You have no constitutional rights. They do not need to show just cause, they do not need a warrant and the burden of proof is on you.

No. As long as you don't bread the law you aren't cheating...I know...it is hard for liberals to understand that following the law is not illegal or cheating...their problem, not mine...but with help...they might get over it...

If taxes are so much of a burden, and dealing with them is so complicated businesses flee to foreign countries...it is time to make our system less complicated...not punish them for trying to escape the tax traps greedy and corrupt politicians have created to control them...

Anything that is legal is ok to republicans. Sorta like going to a foreign country and banging a underaged girl. Not against the law so no foul.

But if you step outside of the legal / illegal argument most would agree that it doesnt help the country. But thats also if one was being honest and not motivated by politics or worshiping the wealthy

You mean like Warren Buffett advocating higher taxes then hiring an army of accountants to evade them and using a tax gimmick to take his pay as capital gains subject to a lower rate? Or Buffett and Bill Gates setting up trusts with billions to evade the estate tax? Charlie Rangle, head of the tax writing committee, not paying taxes on foreign income? Bill Clinton writing off his used underwear? Hillary Clinton making six figures at White Water and not generating a tax bill? Tom Daschle not paying taxes on perks like his driver?

You're right Republicans suck. One problem, those are all Democrats, and you are silent....

LOL, never pass on a chance to show your overt hypocrisy, do you Plato?

if the grey/loopholes are there to take, then I don't see it as cheating....

the loopholes that were put in there, just need to be closed, in many cases.

And taxes flattened and simplified and I'm with you

Paying taxes to a nation that is proactively encouraging an invasion of Illegal Immigrants seems like economic suicide. So, maybe that's the counter stroke we need. If the nation supports illegal activity, let it be ours this time

Besides Kimura and other Liberal economists tell us the only requirement for a strong economy are for the government to keep issuing debt, and paying out food stamps and unemployment. They don't really need our tax dollars

There you go getting funny on us. Anything legal is OK for r and ds. I see you're trying to insinuate that dems are little angels. Just remember lil timmy geithner.

1) Doing legal maneuvers which are designed only to not pay taxes, such as setting up trusts, moving to Canada, lease/buyback deals, that sort of thing. They are legal, but are done only to not pay taxes and for no other reason.

2) Doing grey legal maneuvers which are judgement calls. If you fight the IRS and lose, you are going to pay back taxes and interest, but probably not penalties.

By cheating, I am referring to overtly illegal maneuvers such as not declaring income.
It is very wrong. People who cheat on their taxes are the real moochers in this country.

Inconsistency: "legal maneuvers" is not evasion, it is using the law to your advantage. "Evasion" would be cheating, which is illegal.

I have no doubt many on this forum would advocate breaking the law. They do, after all, support Obamacare and the use of the term "illegal alien." Yes, yes, I know I just painted with a broad brush....it was fun to do so, and mostly accurate, too.

You mean like Warren Buffett advocating higher taxes then hiring an army of accountants to evade them and using a tax gimmick to take his pay as capital gains subject to a lower rate? Or Buffett and Bill Gates setting up trusts with billions to evade the estate tax? Charlie Rangle, head of the tax writing committee, not paying taxes on foreign income? Bill Clinton writing off his used underwear? Hillary Clinton making six figures at White Water and not generating a tax bill? Tom Daschle not paying taxes on perks like his driver?

You're right Republicans suck. One problem, those are all Democrats, and you are silent....

LOL, never pass on a chance to show your overt hypocrisy, do you Plato?

Yes I mean all of those things. You think that by making it personal that changes anything. But when someone believes it whoever does it doesnt matter. But since you didnt give your opinion I'm betting you are Pro-Evading taxes except when certain people do it then you like to reserve the right to cry about it.

Am I warm?

There you go getting funny on us. Anything legal is OK for r and ds. I see you're trying to insinuate that dems are little angels. Just remember lil timmy geithner.

Not at all but typically dems bring up the issue of loopholes as a problem and repubs dont see it as a problem at all. Am I wrong?

Paying taxes to a nation that is proactively encouraging an invasion of Illegal Immigrants seems like economic suicide. So, maybe that's the counter stroke we need. If the nation supports illegal activity, let it be ours this time

Besides Kimura and other Liberal economists tell us the only requirement for a strong economy are for the government to keep issuing debt, and paying out food stamps and unemployment. They don't really need our tax dollars
I'm sure you don't pay any taxes and aren't just huff puffing.

To answer thread title: "patriotic" or not doesn't even come into play in the situation, imo

Forum List

Back