Is Bombing Instead Of Boots On The Ground Cowardly Lol?

I think that Iran's President asked a good question here: Iran s Rouhani Blasts ISIS and Ridiculous U.S.-Led Coalition - NBC News . He asked, "Are Americans afraid of getting casualties on the ground in Iraq? Are they afraid of their soldiers being killed in the fight they claim is against terrorism?"

If bombing will make ISIS blend in with civilians, is not putting boots on the ground COWARDICE?

Is it cowardice to use explosives and firearms instead of swords and axes?

Times have changed. If you're fighting fairly, your tactics suck. (thanks to Col. Cooper)

I think that Iran's President asked a good question here: Iran s Rouhani Blasts ISIS and Ridiculous U.S.-Led Coalition - NBC News . He asked, "Are Americans afraid of getting casualties on the ground in Iraq? Are they afraid of their soldiers being killed in the fight they claim is against terrorism?"

If bombing will make ISIS blend in with civilians, is not putting boots on the ground COWARDICE?

Times have changed. If you're fighting fairly, your tactics suck. (thanks to Col. Cooper)
Using airstrikes against hard targets, especially at night, minimizes casualties to the enemy. It gives them reason to hide and as we have seen, these extremists prefer hiding amongst the civilian population. They do not lose their ideology, just a place to congregate as a group. However, social media and technology in general allow them to communicate as a group.

Without ground forces, there is no way of eliminating them and the threat they pose to civilians once they have infiltrated the civilian population.

So exactly what is the plan? We are eliminating their places of congregation forcing them among the population, and we have no plan to extract them from that population for almost a year.

So again, what is the plan? What is our plan for the next 12 months?

I believe you are missing the point.

It is cowardice to force the enemy to hide amongst the civilians and then do nothing about it.

Actually, it is downright stupid.

Destroy their infrastructure and vehicles from the air. They'd love a ground fight. So deny them that as demoralization tactic while keeping them up every night disrupting their sleep rhythms. When they're reduced to Bedouin-like existence sleeping in tents roll in with tanks and run em over.

Smart not cowardly.

For my money they can bomb the whole place or nuke em from orbit.

As for boots on the ground? They may be needed and I hope they are Arab League boots.

Destroy their infrastructure and vehicles from the air. They'd love a ground fight. So deny them that as demoralization tactic while keeping them up every night disrupting their sleep rhythms. When they're reduced to Bedouin-like existence sleeping in tents roll in with tanks and run em over.
But-but- Barry HAS to tell them we are coming first, to give them their fair chance to escape those buildings and other places. Fair warning and all. :rolleyes:

But-but- Barry HAS to tell them we are coming first, to give them their fair chance to escape those buildings and other places. Fair warning and all. :rolleyes:

If one of the planes flying high overhead drops a bomb on me I'd rather not know about it ahead of time. Telling the enemy you're coming is terrifying when you can't do dick about it. :)

Aside from the chest-thumping, it is NOT cowardly to avoid further entanglement in the Middle East. It is wise--although politicians see benefit from ANY military action because of American ignorance and eagerness for war video on cable news.

I am not threatened in any way by any M.E. idiot. If I was, I could live with it--to live life in fear, as Americans seem to do, is a waste.

If the bombing will do the job then no, saving our great soldiers lives is not being a coward. If obama knows just bombing won't do the job, without troops. Then yes that's being a coward.

Forum List

Back