Is Bill Clinton Trying Steal Away The Tea Party?

Answer: Most Definitely

Clinton is starting the campaign to appeal to the moderate Dems and Independents who have abandoned Obama, all in preparation for Hillary's 2012 campaign.

I agree. The one thing that would put Hillary back in the race is a completely failed Obama with little chance of winning. I beleive he is almost there.

Smart move, if Hillary is planning on resigning her post and re-running in 2012. She can't win by going head to head against Obama for Democratic voters. If she can become the moderate candidate in a left versus right race, she'll pick up a lot of disgruntled Democrats and Republicans.
But that would make her a quitter! And we know what Democrats think of quitters don't we? :lol:

And just how moderate is Hillary? "At the Clinton Global Initiative Tuesday, Hillary and Bill Clinton sounded a unified theme on women's empowerment, with the Secretary of State announcing a $50 million U.S. commitment the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, intended to provide poor families with affordable, safe, and efficient stoves and ovens."

Read GLOBAL. Isn't this how Obama and all Dems want to spend the taxpayers money? Why dump our profits ( evil word ) back into our own economy? Why not leave the decision of how to spend our hard-earned profits up to our benevolent government? Then no one in America will be working hard to earn profits. What then? Why --we will be out of money! Oh! Wait a minute..we already are...:cuckoo:

Hillary is far from moderate. She will campaign to the middle because they will be the make or break votes.

But that would make her a quitter! And we know what Democrats think of quitters don't we? :lol:

And just how moderate is Hillary? "At the Clinton Global Initiative Tuesday, Hillary and Bill Clinton sounded a unified theme on women's empowerment, with the Secretary of State announcing a $50 million U.S. commitment the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, intended to provide poor families with affordable, safe, and efficient stoves and ovens."

Read GLOBAL. Isn't this how Obama and all Dems want to spend the taxpayers money? Why dump our profits ( evil word ) back into our own economy? Why not leave the decision of how to spend our hard-earned profits up to our benevolent government? Then no one in America will be working hard to earn profits. What then? Why --we will be out of money! Oh! Wait a minute..we already are...:cuckoo:

Hillary is far from moderate. She will campaign to the middle because they will be the make or break votes.

Yes, just as Obama did...:eusa_whistle:

Obama flat out lied. He promised everything to everybody and delivered next to nothing. I voted for him and regret it with all my conviction now. I though he had the momentum to actually make some of the positive change he discussed. Reducing the impact of lobbyists in Washington. Instead he reached out to the. Mending fences and reducing partisanship. Instead he alienated the republicans out of the box.

Smart move, if Hillary is planning on resigning her post and re-running in 2012. She can't win by going head to head against Obama for Democratic voters. If she can become the moderate candidate in a left versus right race, she'll pick up a lot of disgruntled Democrats and Republicans.

She won't do that. Bill is out there talking about things that Obama can't, because he (Obama) would get slapped down even harder. Clinton is well aware that at this point in time, it barely matters what Obama does or the Democrats for that matter. NO ONE IS LISTENING TO THEM. But they WILL listen to Bill Clinton.

Here he is this morning discussing a myriad of things, including the absolute necessity that Republicans and Democrats pull together over the next two years. He (like me) remembers when not that long ago battle royals went on in the respective chambers of Congress, but comaraderie still existed, making compromise possible (and also the ONLY way to have an effective government).

Morning Joe

She won't do that. Bill is out there talking about things that Obama can't, because he (Obama) would get slapped down even harder. Clinton is well aware that at this point in time, it barely matters what Obama does or the Democrats for that matter. NO ONE IS LISTENING TO THEM. But they WILL listen to Bill Clinton.

Here he is this morning discussing a myriad of things, including the absolute necessity that Republicans and Democrats pull together over the next two years. He (like me) remembers when not that long ago battle royals went on in the respective chambers of Congress, but comaraderie still existed, making compromise possible (and also the ONLY way to have an effective government).

Morning Joe
I believe if Obama loses control of Congress in November and his approval continues to slide he will most definitely see challenges in 2012. He is not a shoe in for renomination.

The teaparty does not consist of Moderate Dems and Indes. They're Glenn Beck Neocons.

You're just providing your ignorance regarding the subject.

The appeal of the Tea Party is that limited government and fiscal conservatism are issues that appeal across traditional party lines. That's why the Established Parties are so freaked.

If only they had some candidates who actually knew how to accomplish everything they preach, it's not a bad thing. But they don't.

Hmmmm. Great thread. This is getting interesting. I wonder if H Clinton really is going to make a run in 2012?????

The only way she will is if Obama decides not to run for a second term (something he has intimated in the past). What would NOT surprise me is if Biden and Clinton switch jobs, which would almost guarantee her the presidency at least by 2016.

The teaparty does not consist of Moderate Dems and Indes. They're Glenn Beck Neocons.

The appeal of the Tea Party is that limited government and fiscal conservatism are issues that appeal across traditional party lines. That's why the Established Parties are so freaked.

I think that's exactly right. The elites are being uprooted and thrown out. Their true colors are out on display now. The ones who are attacking the tea parties are especially nervous and scared and it is showing in the form of increased attacks, character assassinations, inability to debate real issues.

Surely you jest. The new "tea party" candidates have the most vile TV ads ever. When do they actually "debate" the meat of issues? Never. All you hear are platitudes. That doesn't get it done. But they holler the loudest and get the most press because of it. It's no surprise that they will be able to elbow their way into Washington positions. But be careful what you wish for. Getting in the door is no guarantee that they all have some magic potion that will fix Washington. Unfortunately, they leave that part out of the training manual.

Oh...and they're racists and all on the terrorist watch list. Don't forget that.

I guess if you wanna call Soccer moms and just your average run of the mill American a Neocon....feel free.

I know people that go to those rallies. I have a sticker on my window. Guess I'm an extremist.

What's really funny Sarah is we're trying to help you. Trying to keep the Dems from screwing you.

:lol: Even Sarah doesn't call them "soccer moms" anymore. They're her "Mama Grizzlies."

Grizzly Women | Politics | Vanity Fair
Slide show^

Hmmmm. Great thread. This is getting interesting. I wonder if H Clinton really is going to make a run in 2012?????

The only way she will is if Obama decides not to run for a second term (something he has intimated in the past). What would NOT surprise me is if Biden and Clinton switch jobs, which would almost guarantee her the presidency at least by 2016.

Camp Obama did a very thorough trashing of her in the primaries. The republicans will have an easy time of making her look bad.

Cons don't care that Bill Clinton got a BJ either. Hell, they gave Vitter a standing ovation on the Senate floor after his whore mongering.

AND Newt Gingrich, AND Bob Livingston who replaced him (both of whom were carrying on with torrid affairs of their own all while trying to impeach Clinton).

I think that's exactly right. The elites are being uprooted and thrown out. Their true colors are out on display now. The ones who are attacking the tea parties are especially nervous and scared and it is showing in the form of increased attacks, character assassinations, inability to debate real issues.

OK. There are a number of Teabaggers on the ballot this November, so let's put them in front of a mike and let them tell us how they are going to improve the efficiency and running of our government. At length, and in detail:lol:

Even the Republican "Promise to America" (I think that's what they're calling it) which lays out a framework still doesn't go into detail, so how could these noobs know? I wonder if the GOP leaderhship isn't kicking itself by now for not backing qualified candidates who also had a better than average chance of knocking out Democrats and gaining a majority? Instead, they remained either mum about some of these unknowns or actively support them. I'm telling ya, in the end, it's going to hurt the Republican party.

Let me help you with your stereotype. The tea party does include extremists. I am one of them although I am not active in the tea party nor do I think of myself as one per se, regardless, I understand their frustration and as an extremist there is nothing more in this life I'd rather see than half you your corrupt heroes lined up against a wall and shot for being the tyrants they are just like the leaders of certain eastern block countries at the end of the cold war. And that isn't a partisan wish because the same tyranny exists on the BOTH side of the political fence. The tea party is about revenge through political action, reform first, and revolution later if necessary and justified. That said, we don't all follow a duplicitous recovering drug addict like the ridiculous Glenn Beck. I feel very sorry for the people that follow his ilk and I cringe at their utter stupidity because they're just as much a part of the problem as the incumbents they're trying to unseat. I suppose what I'm trying to impress upon you is that the REAL extremists aren't out in force at those Tea Party protests worshipping Glenn Beck, rather, we keep to ourselves lingering out of site, waiting and vigilante.

It's people like you with that kind of attitude who needs to run, not clueless fringers who wouldn't know the first thing about tackling a budget for an entire country and their only claim to fame is anger. You can cry over spilled milk, but it helps if you've got something to clean it up with too.

The global initiative/global alliance has zero to do with the US government or taxpayers. It operates by donations mainly from billionnaires for small projects in third world countries, mainly to teach people the fundamentals of surviving on their own.

Clinton is starting the campaign to appeal to the moderate Dems and Independents who have abandoned Obama, all in preparation for Hillary's 2012 campaign.

I agree. The one thing that would put Hillary back in the race is a completely failed Obama with little chance of winning. I beleive he is almost there.

Not even close. His poll numbers are about where Reagan's were two years in. And Clinton's. And Bush43's until 911.

Obama flat out lied. He promised everything to everybody and delivered next to nothing. I voted for him and regret it with all my conviction now. I though he had the momentum to actually make some of the positive change he discussed. Reducing the impact of lobbyists in Washington. Instead he reached out to the. Mending fences and reducing partisanship. Instead he alienated the republicans out of the box.

Of course those are all things the right wing noise machine will tell you. Obama promised he would deliver on health care reform. Check. It isn't perfect, and will probably be hacked to pieces, but at least it won't linger on the back burner for yet another decade. He promised better access to education. Check. An energy policy. Check (sitting in the Senate now waiting a redraft to remove, yes REMOVE, cap and trade, but at least there is one). He promised financial help for small businesses hurt by the recession. Check, check and check. Obama promised financial reform, following the meltdown of the major lending institutions. Check. Those just off the top of my head.

Admittedly, he was naive about the power of lobbyists, but there are still far fewer knocking on doors in the Executive Branch than ever before. And I think if you go back beginning in February 2009 and study some of the on-air statements by the Republican leadership, you'll realize that they never had any intention of cooperating AT ALL with the Obama administration.

The Republicans in general have been rude and indignant since Obama got elected. A little known fact, when Paul Kirk, who was selected to be Ted Kennedy's interim successor took the floor of the Senate to give a brief farewell speech honoring Kennedy for his 47 years of service to the country, not a single Republican Senator bothered to come to the floor to hear it. They couldn't be bothered, even at the death of a respected colleague, to give a nod to the Democrats who sit directly across the aisle.

Camp Obama did a very thorough trashing of her in the primaries. The republicans will have an easy time of making her look bad.

Of course they will. They tried during the primaries, when it looked like she might win. I'm sure all the anti-Hillary websites will be regenerated regardless when Hillary decides to run again. And primaries are primaries. Party candidates go after each other on the issues and on their histories just like opposing parties. Of course they do; they want to win. That much is a given.

Not even close. His poll numbers are about where Reagan's were two years in. And Clinton's. And Bush43's until 911.

He wasn't able to hold Ted Kennedy's seat in Democratic hands. In a very liberal state. There is a real difference with the dissatisfaction with Obama.

Forum List

Back