Is America On It's Way To Being Dictatorship?

wolvie20m

Oct 20, 2004
Seattle, Wa
In this election it has been to be said there are so many undecided voters. Well what about the decided voters who have decided still they don't agree their selection? Democrat, Republican, is there a difference? I don't believe so. I view this as a rat race who ever can slander and demote the other candidate the most wins. This is what we want? This as Americans is what we have come to? I know I'm not alone on this issue. I no longer believe this two party system is working. What if I don't like either candidate? Too bad is what I'm told. Pick one. Well to put it bluntly that's BS. I have to chose between some one who is too used to money he's spent all of the Governments, or one who is a opportunist at it's worst. Bush being the financial disaster, and Kerry being the one who can't make a stance. This needs to change I think as the people we need to take out the party system. It us dividing us more and more every election perhaps next election their won't be any underlying candidates, what's the point? The only ones who get any news coverage is the Democrats and Republicans. Well I'm tired of it!! This needs to end there must be a change before this leads us slowly to our countries demise!

Now I don't hate america in fact I am currently training for spec forces, and will soon join the marines. So no BS replies about me bein Anti American I'm just against all the current politians in office, and what we're left to chose between.

wolvie20m said:
In this election it has been to be said there are so many undecided voters. Well what about the decided voters who have decided still they don't agree their selection? Democrat, Republican, is there a difference? I don't believe so. I view this as a rat race who ever can slander and demote the other candidate the most wins. This is what we want? This as Americans is what we have come to? I know I'm not alone on this issue. I no longer believe this two party system is working. What if I don't like either candidate? Too bad is what I'm told. Pick one. Well to put it bluntly that's BS. I have to chose between some one who is too used to money he's spent all of the Governments, or one who is a opportunist at it's worst. Bush being the financial disaster, and Kerry being the one who can't make a stance. This needs to change I think as the people we need to take out the party system. It us dividing us more and more every election perhaps next election their won't be any underlying candidates, what's the point? The only ones who get any news coverage is the Democrats and Republicans. Well I'm tired of it!! This needs to end there must be a change before this leads us slowly to our countries demise!

Now I don't hate america in fact I am currently training for spec forces, and will soon join the marines. So no BS replies about me bein Anti American I'm just against all the current politians in office, and what we're left to chose between.

There are plenty of third parties to support. Go find a good one here: http://www.politics1.com/parties.htm

It's not that there aren't pleanty to support. It's what everyday people allow to happen. The billionaire's make out with this election every year since there were Billionaire's and before then millionaires. What really dissapoints me is the debates only two are allowed Democrat's and Republicans's rather sad choice given to us if you ask me. To me being 20yrs old and my first time to vote, simply dissapointed in the country, and the media which only promotes these two parties I might add frustrated too. Everyday americans will get tired. The billionaires can't fight with numbers only with thier wallet. Thank you for the welcome.

wolvie20m said:
It's not that there aren't pleanty to support. It's what everyday people allow to happen. The billionaire's make out with this election every year since there were Billionaire's and before then millionaires. What really dissapoints me is the debates only two are allowed Democrat's and Republicans's rather sad choice given to us if you ask me. To me being 20yrs old and my first time to vote, simply dissapointed in the country, and the media which only promotes these two parties I might add frustrated too. Everyday americans will get tired. The billionaires can't fight with numbers only with thier wallet. Thank you for the welcome.

Wolvie, welcome to the board. I can understand your disdain for politics. it can get pretty ugly at times.

My suggestion is if you dont like how things are going right now, get involved. Run for office or get a grass roots system growing. the two parties are perfect but there is a reason we have a two party system. In multiparty systems there are often parties focused on only one issue. What would probably be called in our system a special interest group. Since any government would have to have a 50% majority to sustain a government that would give these small one issue groups tremendous powers. if the ruling government refused to give into their demands the one issue group could simply disolve the government and give its support to any government who would give into their demands. We would have a government held hostage by special interests groups.

By having two strong parties, we have a check agianst these special interest groups. Ironically though lately there has been much legislation lately that was designed to destroy the special interest influence in politics which has done the exact opposite. They have weakned the parties and because of that the special interests have taken more direct roles in the races. They are putting more pressure on parties to follow their view. The Democrats are suffering from this most of all. The environemental fringe, animal rights groups and all them have been demanding certain things from the party while at the same time the workers unions have been demanding the opposite so they can have more jobs. Democrats cant deliver and their party is imploding.

Unfortunately i have no idea how they are going to put it back together. and while i am a conservative i dont like the idea of not having a second party because if one party is incredibly weak there is much more of a chance that the strong party will be corrupted. Its just not good. From what ive been seeing we are in for a turbulant future. we are going to have a civil war. atleast unless something majorly changes.

Avatar thanks not many people have been feeling like now these parties are failing us in a major way. I guess all we as the people can do is accept the corruption, and prepare for the sh*t to follow. I would vote for Ralph Nader if I could, but allowing Kerry to enter office would be even worse situation then we are in now. AHH...what irony a government for the people is now back to for the gorvernment. Sad it really is.

Never give into corruption;
What you’re seeing is corruption at work. The two party systems have been taken over by the father of lies.
Politics is an ugly process not many good people want to have anything to do with. There are news reports about how people’s reputations have been destroyed by politics. www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=3895966 Listen to this story and tell me this is no ally of the father of Lies.

Politics is a very sophisticated processes, which by its design and nature is intended to turn people away who do not have the stomach for it. The powers supporting this process have benefited from keeping others out. It is no coincidence that we still have a dominant two party system when the rest of the world’s democracies have multiple parties.
You figure it out do the people benefit by having less choice?

Patriotic quote: ‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ Or if you are religious prefer a religious quote, ‘But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn people and the sword comes to take one of the children, Christ will hold the watchman accountable.’
Don’t turn away, but keep your eyes open, in time you will see and begin to understand.

Forum List

Back