Is Afghanistan Obama's Vietnam?

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by bao, Oct 24, 2009.

?

Is Afghanistan Obama's Vietnam?

1. yes

35.3%
  2. no

64.7%
  1. bao

bao Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    -- U.S. President Barack Obama says the war in Afghanistan isn't going to end up like Vietnam. A majority of Americans don't agree and don't want to get in any deeper, but even they don't like the alternative.

"Younger Americans, who probably learned about the Vietnam war only through textbooks don't necessarily see quite the same parallels," said CNN polling director Keating Holland. "But for older Americans they're really starting to get a little bit of a sense of deja vu."

Our newest CNN Opinion Research poll finds that a majority of Americans oppose the war in Afghanistan and think it's turning into another Vietnam, the most divisive and painful defeat in modern American history.

Rather this operation is to capture osama or to help the people of this country i have to wonder if the sacrifice of our soldier's life & thier family's loss of thier brother,sons,fathers are really worth getting osama or helping this country restore it's peace & human rights

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  2. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Did everyone suddenly forget who was running this war for almost eight years? :confused:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. bao

bao Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Im not cutting down one president it both of them

4. Cold Fusion38

Cold Fusion38 SUPER GENIUS

Thanks Received:
    In the desert chasing that damn roadrunner.
    Ratings:
    +307
    Much like the jungles of Viet Nam the hills and caves of Afghanistan will give the enemy a distinct advantage.

5. Cold Fusion38

Cold Fusion38 SUPER GENIUS

Thanks Received:
    In the desert chasing that damn roadrunner.
    Ratings:
    +307
    Make no mistake the same type of terrain will make a war with IRAN very costly both in lives and fortune.

6. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    That has.... What to do with what the CnC does now? Nothing. Nothing stops Obama from prosecuting this war any way he sees fit.

You're a indiscriminate imbiber and regurgitator of WH talking point kool-aid. Try to focus. It's been almost a year since we hired Obama for the job. How many bosses do you think would put up with you bitching and whining about how bad your predecessor was for a year after you took the job, especially when you got hired on your glowing promises to fix everything, and nothing at all has been fixed yet?

Not very damn many. So why do you?

7. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    When Obama has us in Afghanistan for years with no end in sight, then feel free to call it his Vietnam. However, at this point, calling Afghanistan his Vietnam is like calling Vietnam Gerald Ford's war.

That's all I'm saying on the subject. Everything else you focused on was irrelevant to this topic. Plus, your comments about me were dishonest. Obama has not "fixed" Afghanistan because it cannot be fixed. The faster he realizes that, the faster we're out of Afghanistan.

8. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    I'm not calling it a Vietnam. Please find the post where I did, and quote it.
    It is?
    Oh really? But your BOOOOOSH was?
    Not at all, and you know it, and folks around here are starting to wake up to your little act as well.
    You didn't read my post:
    And that includes, leaving if he wishes.

You're a indiscriminate imbiber and regurgitator of WH talking point kool-aid. Your first instinct was to say BOOOOOOOSH instead of making a intelligent observation about Afghanistan. This is the hole in your little act, your instinctive, knee-jerk, regurgitation of the WH talking points almost like you're afraid they'll kick you out of the cult if you don't do it each and every time.

You're a fake, a phony, a charlatan.

9. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Looks like my last comments weren't the last on this subject:

Not at all. My first reaction was why is it called Obama's Vietnam suddenly? Why not Bush's Vietnam? We could of had easily won this war by now if Bush had gone in with the necessary number of troops and supplies. Neither of which had occurred. There was no plan, no strategy, and a former General is on record as being told to work with what he was given in Afghanistan.

You're right in saying that Obama can run this war anyway he wants. I don't have a little act or anything of the sorts. People like you think you know me but you don't. Continue your arrogance, honestly, it's your choice.

However, one has to look at the past when talking about Afghanistan. Unless you want to make the same mistakes in the future, feel free to ignore what was done under the Bush Administration.

Besides, if I'm following WH talking points then how come I said Afghanistan can't be fixed and the faster Obama realizes that the faster we leave? Last I checked, that's not a WH talking point. Unless of course you live in the land you do, which is certainly not reality.

10. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Of course not, because besides being a fake, a phony and a charlatan, you're a fucking liar to boot!