Is Afghanistan Obama's Vietnam?

Is Afghanistan Obama's Vietnam?

• Total voters

bao

Rookie
Oct 24, 2009
-- U.S. President Barack Obama says the war in Afghanistan isn't going to end up like Vietnam. A majority of Americans don't agree and don't want to get in any deeper, but even they don't like the alternative.

"Younger Americans, who probably learned about the Vietnam war only through textbooks don't necessarily see quite the same parallels," said CNN polling director Keating Holland. "But for older Americans they're really starting to get a little bit of a sense of deja vu."

Our newest CNN Opinion Research poll finds that a majority of Americans oppose the war in Afghanistan and think it's turning into another Vietnam, the most divisive and painful defeat in modern American history.

Rather this operation is to capture osama or to help the people of this country i have to wonder if the sacrifice of our soldier's life & thier family's loss of thier brother,sons,fathers are really worth getting osama or helping this country restore it's peace & human rights

Last edited:
Did everyone suddenly forget who was running this war for almost eight years?
That has.... What to do with what the CnC does now? Nothing. Nothing stops Obama from prosecuting this war any way he sees fit.

You're a indiscriminate imbiber and regurgitator of WH talking point kool-aid. Try to focus. It's been almost a year since we hired Obama for the job. How many bosses do you think would put up with you bitching and whining about how bad your predecessor was for a year after you took the job, especially when you got hired on your glowing promises to fix everything, and nothing at all has been fixed yet?

Not very damn many. So why do you?

Did everyone suddenly forget who was running this war for almost eight years? That has.... What to do with what the CnC does now? Nothing. Nothing stops Obama from prosecuting this war any way he sees fit.

You're a indiscriminate imbiber and regurgitator of WH talking point kool-aid. Try to focus. It's been almost a year since we hired Obama for the job. How many bosses do you think would put up with you bitching and whining about how bad your predecessor was for a year after you took the job, especially when you got hired on your glowing promises to fix everything, and nothing at all has been fixed yet?

When Obama has us in Afghanistan for years with no end in sight, then feel free to call it his Vietnam. However, at this point, calling Afghanistan his Vietnam is like calling Vietnam Gerald Ford's war.

That's all I'm saying on the subject. Everything else you focused on was irrelevant to this topic. Plus, your comments about me were dishonest. Obama has not "fixed" Afghanistan because it cannot be fixed. The faster he realizes that, the faster we're out of Afghanistan.

Did everyone suddenly forget who was running this war for almost eight years? That has.... What to do with what the CnC does now? Nothing. Nothing stops Obama from prosecuting this war any way he sees fit.

When Obama has us in Afghanistan for years with no end in sight, then feel free to call it his Vietnam.
I'm not calling it a Vietnam. Please find the post where I did, and quote it.
That's all I'm saying on the subject.
It is?
Everything else you focused on was irrelevant to this topic.
Oh really? But your BOOOOOSH was?
Plus, your comments about me were dishonest.
Not at all, and you know it, and folks around here are starting to wake up to your little act as well.
Obama has not "fixed" Afghanistan because it cannot be fixed. The faster he realizes that, the faster we're out of Afghanistan.
You didn't read my post:
Nothing stops Obama from prosecuting this war any way he sees fit.
And that includes, leaving if he wishes.

You're a indiscriminate imbiber and regurgitator of WH talking point kool-aid. Your first instinct was to say BOOOOOOOSH instead of making a intelligent observation about Afghanistan. This is the hole in your little act, your instinctive, knee-jerk, regurgitation of the WH talking points almost like you're afraid they'll kick you out of the cult if you don't do it each and every time.

You're a fake, a phony, a charlatan.

You're a indiscriminate imbiber and regurgitator of WH talking point kool-aid. Your first instinct was to say BOOOOOOOSH instead of making a intelligent observation about Afghanistan. This is the hole in your little act, your instinctive, knee-jerk, regurgitation of the WH talking points almost like you're afraid they'll kick you out of the cult if you don't do it each and every time.

You're a fake, a phony, a charlatan.

Looks like my last comments weren't the last on this subject:

Not at all. My first reaction was why is it called Obama's Vietnam suddenly? Why not Bush's Vietnam? We could of had easily won this war by now if Bush had gone in with the necessary number of troops and supplies. Neither of which had occurred. There was no plan, no strategy, and a former General is on record as being told to work with what he was given in Afghanistan.

You're right in saying that Obama can run this war anyway he wants. I don't have a little act or anything of the sorts. People like you think you know me but you don't. Continue your arrogance, honestly, it's your choice.

However, one has to look at the past when talking about Afghanistan. Unless you want to make the same mistakes in the future, feel free to ignore what was done under the Bush Administration.

Besides, if I'm following WH talking points then how come I said Afghanistan can't be fixed and the faster Obama realizes that the faster we leave? Last I checked, that's not a WH talking point. Unless of course you live in the land you do, which is certainly not reality.

Of course not, because besides being a fake, a phony and a charlatan, you're a fucking liar to boot!

I'm not a liar. I figured they were my last comments before once again you divulged into personal attacks. I'm not sprouting off WH talking points, you're clearly out of touch with reality.

Besides, so far, the like-minded people who have intelligence are agreeing with me that this is not Obama's Vietnam. Which is what my whole point was.

You are. A indiscriminate, pathological one.

Next!

You clearly are out of touch with reality. You see anyone who doesn't agree with you 100% as a Obama cultist who is obviously a Obamabot. I feel sorry for you. The anger and insanity that you exhibit is clearly signs of being disgruntled due to seeing Obama as your Messiah.

You are. A indiscriminate, pathological one.

Next!
You see anyone who doesn't agree with you 100% as a Obama cultist who is obviously a Obamabot.
Not at all. I see someone who reflexively defends Obama no matter what it is, as quickly as possible, with all the same regurgitated WH talking points, and realized after quite a bit of time of seeing it, that he IS an Obamaphile cultist, despite his loud and shrill, butthurt protests to the contrary.

That's reality, smegma head.

I was in Viet Nam....this is nothing like it, yet. If the white house tries to run the war like Nam was it's nothing but a loosing effort. Best to pull the plug now if Nobama does not have the stomach for it.

Not at all. I see someone who reflexively defends Obama no matter what it is, as quickly as possible, with all the same regurgitated WH talking points, and realized after quite a bit of time of seeing it, that he IS an Obamaphile cultist, despite his loud and shrill, butthurt protests to the contrary.

That's reality, smegma head.

Except I don't stand with Obama on everything, especially since he has taken office.

We disagree on the issue of Afghanistan. Obama and I disagree on other issues including:

Gun Control
Gay Marriage
Nuclear Energy
Mandatory Health Care (I'm against it)
The Bank Bailouts
I'm against Driver's licenses for Illegal Immigrants
US Patriot Act (He just revived it)
I'm against legal immunity for companies that help the Administrations wiretap without warrants.

And plenty of other Bush Administration policies that he said he would not follow but continues to.

So no, I'm not an Obama cultist by far and you're still out of touch with reality.

As I said before there are certain similarities. Viet Nam was in a jungle setting and although our tech has greatly improved it can not see through CAVES of which there are PLENTY to hide out in and engage the US WHENEVER they want to. Hills and CAVES are why Afghanistan is a very difficult area to secure. Now if some asshole thinks we should invade IRAN there will be a SERIOUS boondoggle.

No major power has conquered Afghanistan for long. The Russians, who were right next door, failed. The Americans, who are thousands of miles away, will not succeed.
Whichever way he goes, Obama is screwed. If he pulls out it will send a message of victory to the Taliban and al Qaeda. If he stays he will find himself in an increasingly unpopular war with bigger casualties. I notice the press has not been reporting on casualties like they did in Iraq under Bush. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Afghanistan wouldn't be such a clusterfuck if Bush had actually gone after the perpetrator of 9/11 which was Osama Bin Laden, NOT Saddam Hussein.

Iraq was a war for oil and pride, plain and simple. Greenspan even said it was.

Nope, it's not Obama's 'Nam, it's Bush Jr. and Cheney's.

But, you already knew that inconvenient fact didn't you guys? Not my fault fucking 'tards like Midnight Masturbater choose to ignore it.

Hey ya big pink pussy, ever serve?

Forum List

Back