Is 65 on Netflix worth watching?

I plan on watching it and I'm sure I'm going to thoroughly enjoy it.

Reviewers weren't kind but I love sci-fi and naturally dinosaurs is a given.
This storyline has been used a least 3 times, once on old Twilight Zone, a movie in 60s or 70's, and a short story in 80s or 90s. Productions that use storylines that have been used serval times are usually low budget productions where the goal is to pay the cast and crew and hopefully make a few bucks for investors who often the directors, producers, or main cast.

You might like if you are a sci-fi fan and you are into prehistoric movies.

Reviewers weren't kind but I love sci-fi and naturally dinosaurs is a given.
Rotten Tomatoes gave it 35. Haven't seen one that low in a long time. As one of the critics said, "65 should only be recommended after one has run out of films to watch, which might not be for many years." For anyone that likes really awful science fiction, Prime has bunch of them.

Last edited:
Rotten Tomatoes gave it 35. Haven't seen one that low in a long time. As one of the critics said, "65 should only be recommended after one has run out of films to watch, which might not be for many years." For anyone that likes really awful science fiction, Prime has a bunch of them.

On IMDb it has a 5.4/10 rating with approximately 55,000 people rating it. I've watched lower rated movies and enjoyed them.

I like Adam Driver and the premise of the film, so I'll be putting it on at some point.

My advice is to throw out the reviews and watch it with the intent to be entertained.

And there is........

Bad Soviet sci-fi about astronauts time traveling to prehistoric times , recycled into one of the worse U.S. sci-fi's ever. This is one wiil make 65 look like winner.

Last edited:
Pretty awful. We watched about 30 minutes or so and I already had an urge to FFWD.
We didn't even finish the movie.
Adam Driver was not very good in this. He is a decent actor, was VERY good in Marriage Story... but this was a big miss for him. The young girl was even worse. Not at all believable.
The special effects were goofy, the gun he had looked like a toy from Walmart.
Simple put - it lacked everything. It was simply boring.

Pretty awful. We watched about 30 minutes or so and I already had an urge to FFWD.
We didn't even finish the movie.
Adam Driver was not very good in this. He is a decent actor, was VERY good in Marriage Story... but this was a big miss for him. The young girl was even worse. Not at all believable.
The special effects were goofy, the gun he had looked like a toy from Walmart.
Simple put - it lacked everything. It was simply boring.
Like many Netflix films, it leaves something to be desired like a good script, some real acting, and a director with a sense of timing. The action scenes could have been made more suspenseful and the dialog between Driver and Greenblatt could have been made more interesting with a bit of character development. The bottom line is that it is a rather blah movie.

Some problems may be attributed to Covid. Most of the cast was hired, script completed, scenes blocked, and arrangement for location shooting were done in early 2020. Then covid hit hard with a lockdown and regulations that delayed shooting till Sept 2020 which was delayed till Nov 2020. Six weeks of shooting became 6 mos with delays do to illness among cast and staff and changes in location. It rapped in 2022 but release was delayed till 2023. Audiences don't realize that what occurs behind the scenes has a huge impact on what occurs in front of the camera.

Last edited:
As I said, the plot is an old one, astronauts ends up in a prehistorical world where they must fight for survival while seeking escape. If you are not paying anything to watch it and you really love prehistoric science fiction drama, all you have to lose is a couple of hours. So it boils down to how much time do you have to waste.

As I said, the plot is an old one, astronauts end up in a prehistorical world where they must fight for survival while seeking escape. If you are not paying anything to watch it and you really love prehistoric science fiction drama, all you have to lose is a couple of hours. So it boils down to how much time do you have to waste.

Forum List

Back