Probably. Wish we could say the same in Afghanistan:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22689634-5007146,00.html

The war in Iraq has been won

By Andrew Bolt

November 02, 2007 01:00am
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

Font size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

THERE is a reason Iraq has almost disappeared as an election issue.

Here it is: The battle is actually over. Iraq has been won.

I know this will seem to many of you an insane claim. Ridiculous!

After all, haven't you read countless stories that Iraq is a "disaster", turned by a "civil war" into a "killing field"?

Didn't Labor leader Kevin Rudd, in one of his few campaign references to Iraq, say it was the "greatest ... national security policy disaster that our country has seen since Vietnam"?

You have. And you have been misled.

Here is just the latest underreported news, out this week.

Just 27 American soldiers were killed in action in Iraq in October - the lowest monthly figure since March last year. (This is a provisional figure and may alter over the next week.)

The number of Iraqi civilians killed last month - mostly by Islamist and fascist terrorists - was around 760, according to Iraqi Government sources.

That is still tragically high, but the monthly toll has plummeted since January's grim total of 1990.

What measures of success do critics of Iraq's liberation now demand?

Violence is falling fast. Al Qaida has been crippled.

The Shiites, Kurds and Marsh Arabs no longer face genocide.

What's more, the country has stayed unified. The majority now rules.

Despite that, minority Sunni leaders are co-operating in government with Shiite ones.

There is no civil war. The Kurds have not broken away. Iran has not turned Iraq into its puppet.

And the country's institutions are getting stronger. The Iraqi army is now at full strength, at least in numbers.

The country has a vigorous media. A democratic constitution has been adopted and backed by a popular vote.

Election after election has Iraqis turning up in their millions.

Add it all up. Iraq not only remains a democracy, but shows no sign of collapse.

I repeat: the battle for a free Iraq has been won...

When Andrew rang me the other day (he calls when he's stuck for ideas for a column) I told him, I said, "Andrew, mate, what's all this banging on about the 'war' in Iraq? It's over mate, it's been won, what's happening now is the occupation and that meat grinder is still going. Why not give everyone a bit of a burst about that?"

I'm glad he gave it a go, but I'll have to ring him and tell him he went off on a tangent (again) and didn't stick to the talking points I gave him :eusa_dance: :D :badgrin:

We are keeping our forces there so we can move into Iran quickly and take them out. It's obvious that we are going to goto War with them, it just makes sense that we hit them now before they assemble nukes.

? Keep them where? What are you speaking of?

Oh, for a second there I thought you hadn't thought it through.

Believe me I have thought it throug and just thinking about bombing an enemy back to the stonage that has plotted against us, killed thousands of US and Allied Citizens and Soldiers, funded and harbored terrorist groups and other enemy's of our country, thinking about bombing them and launching an attack makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Especially knowing that they are activley trying to develop a Nuclear Weapon which we cant allow for several reasons, the main one being we would be hit with it or they would use it to control the Middle East, both scenerios are horrible.

If we don't declare war on Iran, President Bush should atleast activate Operation Phoenix again and target the leaders in Iran that are trying to obtain the Nuclear Capability.

Unbelievable how the admited chickenhawks can be so calous in their military concerns!!!!!!!! Are they just joking or should we insist they be sent to do their own bidding?

Unbelievable how the admited chickenhawks can be so calous in their military concerns!!!!!!!! Are they just joking or should we insist they be sent to do their own bidding?

I would be more then happy to, and I would enjoy doing it. That's more then I can say for you, but if we do goto war with Iran that's just one more war you can lie about and say your a veteran of.

We are keeping our forces there so we can move into Iran quickly and take them out. It's obvious that we are going to goto War with them, it just makes sense that we hit them now before they assemble nukes.

ya wez should attack all dem foreigners and make sure no one, no where gits nukes .kill em all now in there sleep before its to late...jus makes sense thats all

Been there, done that, Nm.

I would be more then happy to, and I would enjoy doing it. That's more then I can say for you, but if we do goto war with Iran that's just one more war you can lie about and say your a veteran of.

You're just spouting off at the mouth but I haven't seen any enlistment papers from you. Being the unintelligent, incurious, perpetually dishonest individual that you are doesn't automatically disqualify you for American military service. Give me your phone number and actual name and I will immediately forward it to every military recruiter that I can. America just LOVES volunteers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya wez should attack all dem foreigners and make sure no one, no where gits nukes .kill em all now in there sleep before its to late...jus makes sense thats all

Nope, just kill the ones who are unstable and who hates everyone who isn't Muslim.

Naw, the US is going for world domination...we just decided to start in Iraq.

Aw not the World Domination thing again. I told the State Department someone there was dyslexic - it's World Domino Marathon, not World Domination. How many times do I have to tell them? :D

If the US declares war on Iran, the US will be alone. It will also be the harbinger of WWIII.

We will not be alone. Iran has pissed just about everyone off and the boiling point was the pointless kidnapping of British Military men and women in international waters. Iran would be screwed, and besides we could take Iran by ourselves if we wanted.

I do agree it could possibly lead to WWIII, but honestly that in inevitable at this point, that will happen and I suspect it will be in the near future and there will be nothin that can stop that. You realize with all the tension between a lot of countries right now that the slightest thing could set it off. However I do think if we hit Iran and it is done right I think it would stop right there.

We will not be alone. Iran has pissed just about everyone off and the boiling point was the pointless kidnapping of British Military men and women in international waters. Iran would be screwed, and besides we could take Iran by ourselves if we wanted.

I do agree it could possibly lead to WWIII, but honestly that in inevitable at this point, that will happen and I suspect it will be in the near future and there will be nothin that can stop that. You realize with all the tension between a lot of countries right now that the slightest thing could set it off. However I do think if we hit Iran and it is done right I think it would stop right there.

Okay, Israel will be in there with you. Forget the UK, they won't go in with that nutter Cheney and the dribbling incompetent fool Bush. I mean come on, your presidential dill was banging on about WWIII and the rest of the real world is - :cuckoo: Bush is off again.

The rest of us think Bush is a loser, Cheney is a nutter and if you, "bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran...." you're on your own. Even our (Australia's) dumbarse prime minister, the bloke who gets earache when Bush farts, won't go there.

Forum List

Back