Iran will rule the ME w/o firing a single shot

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Two Thumbs, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    They will back Hezbolla, and Hezbolla will get elected into seats of power and do and Iran commands.

'Day of rage' as Hezbollah gains power in Lebanon
    'Day of rage' as Hezbollah takes power in Lebanon - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - msnbc.com

TRIPOLI, Lebanon — Hundreds of angry protesters burned tires and blocked roads across Lebanon on Tuesday after Iranian-backed Hezbollah secured the appointment of its candidate to lead the next government.

The nomination of Najib Mikati as prime minister, endorsed by President Michel Suleiman, is seen a victory for Hezbollah, which secured the parliamentary votes needed to wrest control of the Lebanese government.

Hezbollah's control over the government for the first time will sound alarm bells in Washington and Israel and raise concerns in moderate Sunni Arab states.

The protesters turned out in many cities in support of Mikati's defeated rival Saad al-Hariri, a Sunni Muslim whose government was ousted this month by Shiite Hezbollah and its allies in a dispute over the investigation of his father's assassination in 2005.

The protests were part of a "day of anger" called by loyalists of Hariri, who is backed by Saudi Arabia and Washington, to protest against Hezbollah, funded and supported by Tehran.

You gotta admire the way the are going about it.

The Palistinians first (a victim class), then spread into Lebanan, get elected to the point they have full control, and Irans hands are CLEAN.

Iran has a military that scares the crap outta the rest of the ME, so none of those countries will do a damn thing.

Who's next? My money is on Jordan. thier reliance on a tourism economy would seem to make them ripe for take over.

2. zzzz

zzzz Just a regular American

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +429
    Back in the day when Persia was under the influence of the US that was what we wanted from them. What is our reason for being in the area. There is only one thing we want from there and that is oil. A Muslim Middle east will still sell oil because without money they would revert to the desert nomacdic economy which existed before the oil boom. Sure they had an embargo back in the early 70's but they are more dependent on oil now than they were back then. If we packed up and left the region nothing would change as to the availabilty of oil.

Of course the dispute with Israel may cause complications and that has always been the main point of contention between the middle eastern countries and the US. Solve that problem (if it can ever be solved) and everything else will fall into place.

3. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    They learned from the best..:doubt:

4. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Syria is a possibility, the Islamists don't like Bashar Assad, so they would love to see him fall. I knew Lebanon was finished as soon as they let Hezbollah into their government, Islamic groups don't want to share power they want to run the whole fucking show.

5. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Get elected into power...

You have a problem with democracy?

6. High_Gravity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    I forgot to mention Egypt.

7. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    And that would be?

8. High_Gravity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Hezbollah, Hamas and several other Islamic groups have central offices in Syria. Not to mention numerous Iraqi insurgent groups.

9. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,888
    "Solve that problem (if it can ever be solved) ..."

Of course, they will never solve the problem....start from that premise.

Z, one regularly hears of the time "Back in the day when Persia was under the influence of the US..."
    but how many know of the day when 'Persia' was under the influence of the Nazis?

The name Iran means ‘Aryan,’ and was chosen to support a massive Nazi-dominated infrastructure which was ready to provide oil to the Nazis. By the early 1930s, Reza Pahlavi's close ties with Nazi Germany began worrying the Allied states.[8] Germany's modern state and economy highly impressed the Shah, and there were hundreds of Germans involved in every aspect of the state, from setting up factories to building roads, railroads and bridges.[9] German?Iranian relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Geopolitics often means more than 'follow the money.'

10. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    They're running in democratic elections and winning. I see nothing that concerns me here.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1