IRAN!!!!Put down the rocks...and pick up an AK!!!

necritan

Liberals are retarded
Aug 28, 2008
Peoples Republik of Kalifornistan
You people see how important it is to be the ones with the guns?? This revolution would be over in a heartbeat if the people had true power over their government.....by being armed.

Let this be a lesson to everyone who thinks our 2A isn't an individual right that helps to create a buffer between us and a potential tyranny. These poor people dont have this freedom......

rockthrowers.jpg

Last edited:
I am current attmpting to find the laws of Iran regarding guns.

Very difficult to find, actually.

I just posted an email to an editor who is translating Iranian laws online suggesting that he translate any Iranian guns law immediately as this is, no doubt, something people want to know more about.

You people see how important it is to be the ones with the guns?? This revolution would be over in a heartbeat if the people had true power over their government.....by being armed.

Let this be a lesson to everyone who thinks our 2A isn't an individual right that helps to create a buffer between us and a potential tyranny. These poor people dont have this freedom......

rockthrowers.jpg

This is not a revolution numb nuts.

It's a protest against an allegedly rigged election.

rockthrowers.jpg

and how's it working for them ?

rockthrowers.jpg

Neither was the Boston Tea Party a revolution.

It also was merely a protest -- one against unfair taxation.

Mighty oaks from tiny acorns grow, amigo.

Last edited:

rockthrowers.jpg

they have to get the military to turn-----tough job.

They are winding down now that 20 people have been killed. It always works this way in the Middle East.

I wish there was a way they could win this without all the violence, the entire world wanted them to. It will go down in history like TankMan at Tiananmen Square but that seems to be it.

It took the American revolution a decade to get off the ground, too.

I hope they have a Sam Adams working toward that end as we did.

This day but in 1734 – A black slave known as Marie-Joseph Angélique, after having been convicted of setting the fire that destroyed much of Montreal, was tortured and then hanged in New France.

The Iranian protesters are not wanting to disguard Islam or throw away their culture.

They are just wanting less government restrictions on some areas of their lives.

Iran will remain an Muslim country with Islamic laws and a democratically elected government.

As brutal as the British were, they weren't everywhere. Unlike Iran, where there are government agents all over. There is a vast difference between what the Founding Fathers of our country accomplished and what the revolutionaries in Iran are trying today. It is not as simple as picking up a weapon. They just aren't that available.

The Iranian protesters are not wanting to disguard Islam or throw away their culture.

They are just wanting less government restrictions on some areas of their lives.

Iran will remain an Muslim country with Islamic laws and a democratically elected government.

If there ever is a recount, I wonder if the votes of the protesters who have been killed will be declared invalid....

no one is saying they are.....but to have to live with a fucking religion smothering you daily with its outdated archaic laws....would get pretty dam old after a while....you can still be a good little Muslim or Christian or Jew or whatever.without STRANGLING the people with this kinda crap.....i hope many of the cops and military are sick of this shit too and start going over to the other side....give those fuckers who "lead" the country something to really worry about...

they have to get the military to turn-----tough job.

Maybe, but looks they may have a glimmer. The regime like all bullies, is overplaying their hand. One must remember it's going to be the preponderance of the argument that may sway the Guard.

Arrested daughter and relatives of Rafsijani, who is close to Mousavi and loathes Ahmadinejad:

Rafsanjani's daughter arrested in Iran - Middle East - World - The Times of India

TEHRAN: The daughter of Iran's former president Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani and four relatives were arrested over their involvement in protests

against alleged election fraud in Iran, the Fars news agency reported on Sunday.

Faezeh Hashemi, a renowned women's rights activist, former parliament deputy and head of women sports in Iran, has in the recent years emerged, like her father, as one of the main opponents of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Ahmadinejad had before the June 12 election accused Rafsanjani and his children of corruption.

Fars said that Faezeh, her daughter and three other relatives were arrested during Saturday's demonstrations for 'agitating' the protestors.

The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

On the ground reality:

21 Jun 2009 08:45 am
Today's Must-Reads I: Gerecht

Reuel Marc Gerecht, a neoconservative with intellectual honesty and a real grasp of the region he studies, homes in on the core fact on Day 9 of the uprising, and Day 1 of the battle:

Until now, the Islamic Republic has had a propaganda heyday among devout Arabs, depicting itself as a virtuous state with a workable level of democracy — just enough to give the regime legitimacy and stability. Ali Larijani, the speaker of Iran’s Parliament and the wicked genius behind the crushing of the reform movement during Mr. Khatami’s presidency, loves to emphasize Iran’s democracy when he travels abroad, always highlighting America’s preference for secular dictatorships.

Now the clerical regime can no longer make this argument. As Iranians have come to know theocracy intimately, secularism has become increasingly attractive. Iran now produces brilliant clerics who argue in favor of the separation of church and state as a means of saving the faith from corrupting power...​

It is hard to overstate the importance of this, which is why, in my judgment, this is potentially the most important positive moment in history since the fall of the Berlin Wall. Because it is the clearest and most promising sign that the Islamist Wall is breaking up...

Perhaps most importantly, the students are using religion:

Iranian Election: News Desk: Online Only: The New Yorker

Iranian Election
June 20, 2009
Laura Secor: Fighting Over The Revolution

The footage from Tehran today looks like urban warfare. Gone are the massive crowds. Instead we see bands of civilians under attack from bands of thugs, gunshots, flames, thin crowds chased through side streets. If the authorities succeed in keeping demonstrators dispersed and on the run, they could swiftly seize the upper hand. The Web site Tehran Bureau is reporting forty dead and more than two hundred wounded. The victims are seeking aid in foreign embassies rather than hospitals, according to Twitter reports from Tehran.

Interestingly, the regime has disseminated reports of a bomb blast at the shrine to Khomeini on the outskirts of Tehran. Many observers and analysts suspect the bomb was planted or invented by the government, in an effort to tar the demonstrators as counter-revolutionaries. The protesters have done everything possible to complicate such stereotypes. There are reports that those demonstrators who came out today planned, via the Internet, to bring Korans onto the streets, and to sit and read from them when attacked by militiamen. Such tactics are in keeping with these demonstrators’ use of slogans and imagery taken from religion and from the Islamic Revolution of 1979—shouting “Allahu Akbar” from the rooftops, organizing demonstrations as public memorials for the dead, refusing (for the most part, at least until today) to attack Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei by name or to call for an end to theocratic rule. In effect, they are saying, We are not against the revolution or against the Islamic Republic. We are its defenders from desecration. Having the former Prime Minister Mir Hossein Mousavi for a leader helps in this regard, because of his close historic association with the late Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.

Nonetheless, the protesters’ posture has not been particularly effective with Khamenei, who yesterday threatened them and their leaders with bloodshed and mayhem. So who, exactly, are the demonstrators trying to convince? And who are the authorities trying to persuade with these reports of the shrine bombing?

I think there is still a battle being waged for the hearts and minds of the Revolutionary Guard and Basij. Successful nonviolent movements in other countries have depended on the cooptation of the rank and file in the armed forces; one remembers the moving scenes of Serbian riot police embracing demonstrators. Of course, the Serbian opposition spent months working up to that. In the summer of 2000, when Slobodan Milosevic’s government issued a statement to the army saying that the student activists were terrorists, an activist told me that he and his friends retaliated by sending care packages to soldiers in the hope that “in the key moment when he orders them to shoot on us, they won’t listen.” The success of Serbia’s democratic movement was not only that it deposed a rancid dictator but that it united, at least momentarily, a divided and scarred society....

You're speaking now on behalf of the protestors in Iran?

Were I them, I might find the whole "Supreme Leader" thing a tad over the top.

Given that we are hearing people calling for his death, I suspect I wouldn't be alone in thinking that way.

Maybe it's not a revolution yet but will soon be. And where is the support of the free world? Seems as if they are under a rock!

In order for Iran to "remain" with a democratically elected government, it would first have to HAVE a democratically elected government. The point of the protests is that the government is not elected because the elections are rigged.

I don't see the point, really. Mousavi is no better than Ahmadinejad, in my opinion. It's ironic so many people are claiming Mousavi is the "Obama" of Iran, when Mousavi is actually more like the John McCain of Iran. He's been in Iran's political process before, and he was certainly no revolutionary then.

In order for Iran to "remain" with a democratically elected government, it would first have to HAVE a democratically elected government. The point of the protests is that the government is not elected because the elections are rigged.

I don't see the point, really. Mousavi is no better than Ahmadinejad, in my opinion. It's ironic so many people are claiming Mousavi is the "Obama" of Iran, when Mousavi is actually more like the John McCain of Iran. He's been in Iran's political process before, and he was certainly no revolutionary then.
The elections were "allegedly" rigged.

Iran is a democratic country. That's why they have elections.

The voter turn out was 85%

That's higher than any election in any country in the history of democratic elections.

rockthrowers.jpg

Well gosh Sunni, now that explains why snipers are being used for crowd control. That explains why hot chemicals are being poured on men, women and children from helicopters. That explains why the wounded are being dragged from hospitals and arrested instead of being cared for.

Sunni, STFU

Forum List

Back