Iran Accuses U.S. of Meddling as Tensions Grow

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Tensions between Iran and the United States, never far from the surface, showed signs of worsening on Wednesday, with the Iranians threatening to block a vital Persian Gulf access route and protesting what they called the American “meddling approach and tone.”

The Iranian messages, conveyed in statements by a commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps and by the Foreign Ministry, came a few days after Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the supreme leader, expressed exasperation with the United States, questioning the longstanding deployment of the Navy’s Fifth Fleet in the Persian Gulf.

“It is Americans who should explain why they have come here from the other side of the world and stage war games,” the ayatollah said in remarks widely reported in Iran’s state news media.

Together, the messages appeared to reflect a steady buildup of anti-American sentiment in Iran recently despite the nuclear agreement that took effect in January, which, on paper at least, eased the country’s economic isolation. American and Iranian diplomats had hoped the agreement would help lead to a new period of détente in the estranged relations between their countries.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/05/world/middleeast/iran-us-relations-persian-gulf.html?_r=0
But the Iranians have not yet benefited economically and have accused the United States of obstructing their ability to do business and attract investments, in part because of other American financial restrictions unaffected by the nuclear agreement.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/05/world/middleeast/iran-us-relations-persian-gulf.html?_r=0

Someone needs to notify the political analysts the fight exists in the combination of issues.

Iran should get that 2 billion they are seizing. The US can't be trusted. Ginsburg needs to step down, too many jews on the SCOTUS.

Iran should get that 2 billion they are seizing. The US can't be trusted. Ginsburg needs to step down, too many jews on the SCOTUS.

I trust the USA------If I did not I would move to another country. Only a filthy disgusting hypocrite WILLINGLY REMAINS in a country it does not "trust" ----
Ginsburg seems to be a very honorable judge

Forum List

Back