Introduce Yourself...Right On

Newbee's with no avatar photo and no normal intro are normally spam bots coming back from being banned.

How come when I have a good question, I hardly ever get an answer? This place is just like Life.

What's a spambot and why isn't his hexagram an avi?

A Spambot.

A spambot is a program designed to collect, or harvest, e-mail addresses from the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. A spambot can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations.

What is spambot? - Definition from WhatIs.com

What's a spambot and why isn't his hexagram an avi?

it does look like this new member created an avatar for this site

spambot, was used inappropriately in this instance; what he meant was "sockpuppet" - which is a new user that is really an old user that created a new username to either get around a ban & post anyway OR just generally disrupt the boards and be a nuisance:

A spambot is a program designed to collect, or harvest, e-mail addresses from the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. A spambot can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations.

I hope that helps :)

Take the bull by the horns.

If you don't know, then you're either too young or too square. ;)

I learned if you fuck with the bull, you get the horns.

This isn't a good happening Mr. Hoss :crybaby::omg:

Gored+bullfighter3.jpg
It's just a... Piercing!

Forum List

Back