Interesting: Pollsters are getting it wrong GLOBALLY

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...s-elections-offer-warnings-for-u-s-pollsters/

Bottom line, wingers in many countries are having more influence than pollsters expected:

Pre-election polls in numerous countries this year have widely missed their marks, often by underestimating support for candidates on the ideological fringes. The polling failures in countries like Britain, Poland and Israel point to technical issues that could well foreshadow polling problems in the United States, many analysts believe.

“The industry has a collective failure problem,” said John Curtice, the president of the British Polling Council and a professor of politics at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow. Partly this is the result of changing methodologies. “It’s now a mix of random-digit dialing — that is, telephone polls — and Internet-based polls based on recruited panels,” he said. Both modes present potential problems.

Cell phones: they are the bane of the polling industry. The ubiquitous but not universal usage of mobile phones makes it impossible to obtain a true "random sampling" of potential voters in any election, using traditional telephone techniques. And even if mobile phone numbers were obtainable universally, there would still be statistical biases that are impossible to assess, at this point.

To my knowledge, nobody has yet figured out a way of obtaining a true random sampling of the general (or voting) population in this age of cell phones.

And that doesn't even CONSIDER the human perversity that rears its ugly head these days, as poll respondents often provide incorrect, unserious, or subversive answers to pollsters for reasons that only the respondent would know about. Consider the current Presidential primaries where many partisans intend to vote in the opposite primary in order to achieve a desired result - which is perceived as bad for that other party.

Did you ever stop to think that just maybe those you refer to as "wingers" are the normal, main stream people, and it is you that's the minority?

Why do you liberals always have to think that the world revolves around what YOU think? Is it so radical to your brains to think people might disagree with you, or that YOU might be the minority?

Maybe you should think on it...

Did you ever stop to think that just maybe those you refer to as "wingers" are the normal, main stream people, and it is you that's the minority?

Why do you liberals always have to think that the world revolves around what YOU think? Is it so radical to your brains to think people might disagree with you, or that YOU might be the minority?

Yes, it's my opinion that the "wingers" combined represent a minority of the electorate and the populace.

Those of us who choose to think for ourselves are a larger amount, in my estimation.

So it's actually the wingers who think the world revolves around what they think.

Yes, it's my opinion that the "wingers" combined represent a minority of the electorate and the populace.

Those of us who choose to think for ourselves are a larger amount, in my estimation.

So it's actually the wingers who think the world revolves around what they think.
Well, obviously you've attach the political hack term "wingers" to a sect of people that is basically the salt of the earth, the bread basket, the down home, patriotic types that usually keep to themselves, don't bother anyone and keep quite. But now that they're making themselves heard, this is a such a surprise to you and the rest of those who have moved so far to the left that you think normal, every day, hard working, love their country people are WINGERS... got it.

Sometimes you can be so on point and say very intelligent things, and then other times you come off sounding like you just got indoctrinated at the college of leftist hack.

Well, obviously you've attach the political hack term "wingers" to a sect of people that is basically the salt of the earth, the bread basket, the down home, patriotic types that usually keep to themselves, don't bother anyone and keep quite. But now that they're making themselves heard, this is a such a surprise to you and the rest of those who have moved so far to the left that you think normal, every day, hard working, love their country people are WINGERS... got it.

Sometimes you can be so on point and say very intelligent things, and then other times you come off sounding like you just got indoctrinated at the college of leftist hack.
No, I attach the "political hack term wingers" to those on both ends of the political spectrum who are rigidly, obediently and shamelessly committed to their partisan ideology and will defend it with spin, deflection, distortion, denial and outright lies.

Whether they're right-wingers or left-wingers is irrelevant to me, since their behaviors are so similar.

I'm pretty sure the OP meant "wingers" as in the people who have strong political beliefs both in the liberal direction and conservative direction.....not just one or the other.

I'm pretty sure the OP meant "wingers" as in the people who have strong political beliefs both in the liberal direction and conservative direction.....not just one or the other.
I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

Forum List

Back