Interesting piece on O'Malley

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

This is a really nuts-and-bolts type of conversation (from potholes on up), but rarely do you see a national politician go into detail about local governance:

What O Malley Believes He Can Do that Clinton Can t - NationalJournal.com

I don't know much about O'Malley yet, but in this interview he talks about effective & efficient local governance and how it can translate and be scaled up for national governance.

He's run both a city and a state, and has clearly thought through how to keep government efficient and effective (my personal hot buttons), a combination of things pretty rare in political conversation.

Definitely a clear contrast with Clinton, among other contrasts.

Someone has to take up the job of running against Hillary. How else do the democrats make the nomination sound like anything other then a coronation? How else will she be able to display her debating skills? Her famous laugh?

I have read some on O Malley and if he were not one of the party of the dark side I might be interested.

Someone has to take up the job of running against Hillary. How else do the democrats make the nomination sound like anything other then a coronation? How else will she be able to display her debating skills? Her famous laugh?

I have read some on O Malley and if he were not one of the party of the dark side I might be interested.
Yeah. Since I can never know what partisans are actually thinking, it's been fascinating to watch the Democrats' approach to Hillary. My guess is that they're not terribly thrilled, for all the obvious reasons, but she's the one and they're gonna run with her.

O'Malley gets very specific in this interview, and that's a huge contrast to Hillary's, uh, whatever it is that she does. It's tough to see through the circus.

Interesting.

Hey Mac....you responded to the post above.....and didn't mention Freewill's blind partisanship once. Are you slipping?

Hey Mac....you responded to the post above.....and didn't mention Freewill's blind partisanship once. Are you slipping?

Not blind, eyes wide open.

Not blind, eyes wide open.

Yeah? You'd be interested in O'Malley.......you like what he has to say......but....he's a Democrat....so you blow him off. That's blindness, kiddo.

Please do your research on OweMalley.
he claims to have saved Maryland, research the number of businesses the state lost due to him, how many of the wealthy moved to other states because of him.
How he raised every tax there was, and made up a few more and still ran the state broke.
There can be no worse choice than OweMalley, he will destroy this country, he will kill the middle class. When the idiot gets done we will have the poor on assistance, and the wealthy (most likely moving to another country to avoid losing everything they have)
Look closely, His motto here was.
Welcome to Maryland
Whats in YOUR wallet.

Please do your research on OweMalley.
he claims to have saved Maryland, research the number of businesses the state lost due to him, how many of the wealthy moved to other states because of him.
How he raised every tax there was, and made up a few more and still ran the state broke.
There can be no worse choice than OweMalley, he will destroy this country, he will kill the middle class. When the idiot gets done we will have the poor on assistance, and the wealthy (most likely moving to another country to avoid losing everything they have)
Look closely, His motto here was.
Welcome to Maryland
Whats in YOUR wallet.

Whoa! A patriot! Cool!

Forum List

Back