Zone1 interesting how liberals and other malcontents can only see BAD in the Catholic Church, dismiss any good

Again, doesn't matter with what people think about Church Fathers. They were already a part of the apostasy and still are.
says who? you?

and just who are you? Sorry, but I will believe the Original Church (the head of which is Jesus Christ, which should go w/o saying) over any human being... from Luther to Joel Olsteen and all poseurs in between...

says who? you?

and just who are you? Sorry, but I will believe the Original Church (the head of which is Jesus Christ, which should go w/o saying) over any human being... from Luther to Joel Olsteen and all poseurs in between...
The original church was taken up to heaven to avoid the gates of Hell. Once revelation ceased because no more apostles and prophets, apostasy gripped the world. Again, Matthew 16:28 proves this. He has already shown himself to the Prophet Joseph Smith in 1820 bringing back His kingdom.
I wouldn't believe Luther or Olsteen either. Neither are prophets of God and like the Pope, hold no authority or power of God.

So if you are a woman walking in the door, what are the advantages vs. another religion or none.

Life is so horrible (illness, grief, injustice, loneliness) that I cannot believe in God.

BUT if I were to choose a religious denomination, it would definitely be the Roman Catholic Church.

I think that its rituals give a lot of comfort to many people.

The mass, the idea of saints, the idea of miracles, the nuns and priests who still wear distinctive clothing, etc.

believe what you want. You may want to consider, however... actually finding out what the Church truly teaches..

Yes, you have to ignore everything that happened in the Church after 1958 (and a few other periods here and there) but the truth is there and no matter how corrupt the people in the Church have been thruoghout the centuries..

it is still Christ's Church, the ONE and ONLY He himself founded 2000+ yrs ago. The LDS didn't come along until .. what, the 1700s? if then... So how do u explain Jesus saying that His Church would not lose against Hell... According to Protestants, that is what happend which makes Jesus a liar who doesn't keep promises.

I don't believe that about Jesus... no, he is the only trustworthy one
no its not Christ's church never was.

Please clarify further.
Jesus calls for discipleship (discipline). The Catholic faith is centered around the life of Christ: Baptism, repentance, the Eucharist, Receiving/Accepting the Holy Spirit and all that entails, healing.

Do you have the commitment? Jesus said that if you put what your parents (or others) think of your decision before you commit, this is not the life for you.

The original church was taken up to heaven to avoid the gates of Hell.
where does it say in the Bible or traditional Church teaching (but I guess you say the traditional Church dropped dead somewhere along the line) that "the original church was taken up to heaven..."?

i guess that would be an improvement on dropping dead but how is a Church in Heaven going to help anyone on Earth?

People in Heaven are already... at their destination. They don't need a Church half as badly as people on Earth.. !!

your religion... or that of joseph smith is a fake fake religion

it does not make sense.

catholicism has so many adherents because it, on the other hand, does make sense..

where does it say in the Bible or traditional Church teaching (but I guess you say the traditional Church dropped dead somewhere along the line) that "the original church was taken up to heaven..."?

i guess that would be an improvement on dropping dead but how is a Church in Heaven going to help anyone on Earth?

People in Heaven are already... at their destination. They don't need a Church half as badly as people on Earth.. !!

your religion... or that of joseph smith is a fake fake religion

it does not make sense.

catholicism has so many adherents because it, on the other hand, does make sense..
Just read Matthew 16:28. in order for the Church to come back from heaven to avoid the gates of hell (apostasy) it had to be taken from the earth. Duh!!!

Life is so horrible (illness, grief, injustice, loneliness) that I cannot believe in God.

BUT if I were to choose a religious denomination, it would definitely be the Roman Catholic Church.

I think that its rituals give a lot of comfort to many people.

The mass, the idea of saints, the idea of miracles, the nuns and priests who still wear distinctive clothing, etc.
have u ever been Catholic?

I like what you say.. am particularly interested in that last thing about the distinctive clothing of priests and nuns.. I like when they wear it bc it sends a message to the world.. about separating therefrom and being with God.. about how we do not need all the things of this world that we think we need (sex comes to mind)

Just read Matthew 16:28. in order for the Church to come back from heaven to avoid the gates of hell (apostasy) it had to be taken from the earth. Duh!!!
I'm sorry but my true thoughts about your religion is that it is goofy as hell.. It does not comport w/ what is in the Bible and most Churches, Catholic or otherwise do not believe as lds do... bc again, it is just too far out there.. no scripture to support it... except maybe some man-made scripture.. written by Mr Smith, Human Being

No.

When I was younger (I am now 85), I did think about becoming a Roman Catholic.

I was very impressed by the good work done by Catholic teaching brothers.

Have a nice day!
I wonder if they still do those good things? There are a lot of bizarre things going on the Church.. How much time do u have?

I mean, like i said elsewhere if anyone has a right to be ticked at the RCC it is me.. and I am bc I have learned things of latethat show me the novus ordo is far more egregious than I ever began to think..

the changes made at Vat 2 were .. basically dismantled Christianity (as practiced by Catholics). But as we all know Truth does not change. Dogma does not change. And vat 2 did not change dogma, so that's the only redeeming thing about it (along w/ the fact that the Real Presence of Christ still abides there in those Churches. Jesus promised He would never leave us... even if we do act like demons (the vat 2 folks)

I'm sorry but my true thoughts about your religion is that it is goofy as hell.. It does not comport w/ what is in the Bible and most Churches, Catholic or otherwise do not believe as lds do... bc again, it is just too far out there.. no scripture to support it... except maybe some man-made scripture.. written by Mr Smith, Human Being
See, when presented with truth about the topic, you run to something else instead of just discussing the topic. This has nothing to do with the LDS Church. It has to do with the fact Jesus took the kingdom of God (Church) to Heaven or he would not have to bring it back as stated in Matthew 16:28. Look, you brought this potential verse up when you used verse 16. I simply didn't take it out of context with the rest of chapter 16 as you have.

See, when presented with truth about the topic, you run to something else instead of just discussing the topic. This has nothing to do with the LDS Church. It has to do with the fact Jesus took the kingdom of God (Church) to Heaven or he would not have to bring it back as stated in Matthew 16:28. Look, you brought this potential verse up when you used verse 16. I simply didn't take it out of context with the rest of chapter 16 as you have.
you are indeed hopeless.. Dude, I pray for you. This stuff u believve is NOT true and most Christians would agree w/ me.. Catholics and Protestants generally speaking agree on many things and their disagreements mostly center around .. protestants not understanding Catholicism.. The things you believe are just way out there... and besides, you have a lot of nerve criticizing me for (essentially) changing the subject and not answering your "points" You still have not answered my Q about... where was the Christian church that Jesus said would not fail... all those years between when He ascended and when Jospeh Smith came along?

you are indeed hopeless.. Dude, I pray for you. This stuff u believve is NOT true and most Christians would agree w/ me.. Catholics and Protestants generally speaking agree on many things and their disagreements mostly center around .. protestants not understanding Catholicism.. The things you believe are just way out there... and besides, you have a lot of nerve criticizing me for (essentially) changing the subject and not answering your "points" You still have not answered my Q about... where was the Christian church that Jesus said would not fail... all those years between when He ascended and when Jospeh Smith came along?
It matters not whether "most" Christians agree with you or the Pope. It's in black and white and if you are unable to read and comprehend what you read, then it is you who is hopeless. If you came home with your dog that was lost, then you have to conclude it wasn't at home and had to be returned home. If Christ is returning with the Church (Kingdom of God) then it had to have been lost by the people (wicked bishops, ministers, teachers, priests who change the everlasting Gospel and lost the authority and Church. Of course Catholics and Protestants who came out of the Catholic Church aren't going to believe those words in verse 28. They (you) would have to agree that all of you are in apostasy, and you are. That's why Jesus said to Joseph Smith, "Join none of them for they are all wrong (apostates).

I've noticed this... These evil so and sos just WILL NOT acknowledge there is good in the Catholic Church

Of course you see them on Politics forums talking about bad things found elsewhere... but there are good things in those elsewhere places, and they acknowledge it (sometimes)

But the Church Christ founded?

The only ones who say good things about that Church are its members and even they do not ... defend the Church often

Of course, we haven't had a truly Catholic Church for a LONG time in theVatican. So there's that... But most people don't have a clue what is REALLY going on at theVatican...

OUtside the Vatican, however, we find the true Catholic Church, the Society of St Pius X (SSPX) which kept the traditions observed and practiced since Day One of Christianity, traditions taught by all the popes until you get to Paul VI/JP II/Francis
It's because the RCC is always the biggest impediment to the Marxists' goals. It must be destroyed in their minds. But, of course you can never destroy truth.

Forum List

Back