Interest rates are nuts

Rust_Cohle

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2021
[Redacted]
Last week they were around 6% - 6.3% for a 30 year mortgage, past couple days finally dipped below 6% tonight I'm looking again they're up to 6.5%. My realtor was forecasting they would drop down to 5.2% end of the year but I don't even think he will hit his 5.6% for this quarter. Would be nice to have a drop end of the year 🙃

The complete ineptitude of the Fed is on full display. Everyone with common sense knew that when you dump 4 trillion dollars of funny money into the economy, it's going to overheat. Jay Powell and his clown posse refused to start bringing interest rates up slowly which was the rational thing to do. They have one job and they screwed the pooch.

Sure it is .. it discourages the securing of funds .. cash .. to inject into the economy. It makes money harder to obtain .. thus combating inflation.
Lower the rates more I can sell for and better rates for the next place I get means less on a new mortgage

Last week they were around 6% - 6.3% for a 30 year mortgage, past couple days finally dipped below 6% tonight I'm looking again they're up to 6.5%. My realtor was forecasting they would drop down to 5.2% end of the year but I don't even think he will hit his 5.6% for this quarter. Would be nice to have a drop end of the year 🙃
I would have killed for those rates when I bought my rental property back in the 1990's.

No. Interest rates have returned to NORMAL/Near Normal after 10 years of false low rates due to the FED's subsidization.
`

No. Interest rates have returned to NORMAL/Near Normal after 10 years of false low rates due to the FED's subsidization.
`

Yep....people have short memories.

1681587946582.png

Bought my first home at 7.2%. Everyone wanted to know how I got such a low rate. Lol.

What amazes me is that people still with adjustable rate mortgages. 🤦‍♂️

Or some of us didn't buy our first house til the 2010s. Still though you sound just like my dad going on about 10% rates when his house cost 50k

Glad to know your dad has a sense of history even if you do not.

Those low rates you want back contributed to the inflation you whine about today.

Forum List

Back