Intelligent Design threat to evolutionists

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by -Cp, Jul 26, 2005.

1. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    Why do so many evolutionists feel threatened by Intelligent Design Theory?

If you read the letters to the editor by evolutionists, you will find that evolution today is no longer a science but a fundamentalist, close-minded religion (Jim Stone letter, July 13, "Intelligent Design old, false argument").

The reason the fundamentalist evolutionists become so upset with competing theories is not because it threatens their science, but it threatens their faith.

If you want to test this idea, just make this statement to any fundamentalist evolutionist: "I do not believe evolution as presented." Notice I did not say I do not believe in evolution, only that I do not believe their theories. You will find people such as Mr. Stone will call you a heathen, a blasphemer and an infidel. Sound familiar?

Evolution as practiced today has become a right-wing, close-minded fundamentalist religion. If you do not convert you will be persecuted. If evolution is a real science I could question it without persecution. In academics, if I question established ideas, I am considered intellectual, except for evolution.

Here is how science works today. You make a discovery, then you make up a story about evolution that sounds like it could have happened. If I discover something about genetics, I am forced by the science establishment to make up a story about how evolution did this. The real irony about this is that evolutionists laugh at silly Bible stories, while their stories about evolution sound as ridiculous as genetic mutations will turn us all into Spiderman and X Men one day.

It is the responsibility of evolutionists to present a theory that I can accept. It is not my responsibility to just believe. If your theories about evolution are so weak that no one believes you, then it is your fault. The reason you are losing the debate is you have taken the science of evolution and turned it into just one of those old, prehistoric religions of worshiping stones, animals, celestial bodies etc.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/072305/opi_view002.shtml

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. MissileMan

MissileMan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    So now evolution is a religion...what a wanker! :wank:

3. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    It is... Evolutionists could easily fall under this definition of religion:

"A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion".

4. MissileMan

MissileMan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I don't know anyone who pursues evolution with zeal or conscientious devotion (I suppose there are a few scientists in the field who might). I know lots of people, myself included, who will argue against ID and creationism, but that is a different matter altogether. Evolution is a theory, period. There is no "evolutionist" movement. The movements are "ID" and "Creationism".

5. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    You must live under a rock. Try telling Powerman and Nucular that evolution is just a thory, and that's just two people on this message board. I see people every day who I swear would use thumbscrews to make you believe evolution if they thought they could get away with it. However, I don't think it's a movement in and of itself. It's a tenet of the secular progressive doctrine. Evolution, atheism, and abortion are sacrosanct and they shove it down everyone else's throat as fact. If you haven't seen this, you really need to get out more.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Refute this. When insects develop a resistance to pesticides it is because they have evolved. Evolution is not a mystery. It can be observed around us every day.

Or do you prefer to think gods redesign insects on a regular basis to make them resistant to the pesticide?
    :blowup:

7. Powerman

Powerman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39

JUST a theory? I theory in science is not like a theory outside of science. Perhaps you would do well by educating yourself about the situation. Did you know that gravity and magnetism are JUST theories? Evolution happened, that is a fact. The only difference between a theory and a law in science is that a theory is much more complex is constantly being evolved(pardon the pun) to better explain HOW it happened. Creation science or intelligent design is regarded as an obsolete scientific theory that was never widely accepted. Evolution on the other hand is widely accepted in the scientific community as fact. Everything I just stated is completely factual.

8. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    "Have you ever noticed that the people who don't believe in evolution are the least evolved? Give us our thumbs!"

"I have a one word answer to those who don't believe in evolution -- dinosaurs. Where did all the dinosaur fossils come from?

--Bill Hicks, the funniest man who ever lived

9. Powerman

Powerman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    "I have a one word answer to those who don't believe in evolution -- dinosaurs. Where did all the dinosaur fossils come from?

That's a good question. I'll give you a better one. If we didn't evolve then why aren't there fossils of modern humans that date back to the times of the dinosaurs or even our ancestors?

10. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    They say God and Jesus made the dinosaur fossils to trick infidels into thinking that dinosaurs existed. It's a test of faith.