Inside Job - The Movie: Devastating Indictment on our system.

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Dante, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    Inside Job - The Movie: Devastating Indictment on our system.

See this movie and then tell me how any of us could support what is happening.

From Reagan and the Savings and Loans scandal that shook the financial system to the current mess, the key players are shown for what they are --- greedy pricks.

It also makes Obama look like the sell out he is. I used to think putting the foxes in charge of the chicken coop was our only choice of saving the system. I was wrong. I thought the foxes were well intentioned. I thought they really wanted to do good. It is not in their natures. Greed is in there blood.

Columbia Business School Dean Glenn Hubbard along with a few Harvard boys will make your blood boil with rage.

Somebody on here said economists played no role in the financial meltdown. How fucking stupid.

----

Glenn Hubbard (economist) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

During the film, the interviewer attempts to get Hubbard to discuss his outside business relationships. Hubbard's response is to angrily retort, "I don't believe I have to discuss that with you...this is not a deposition, sir...this interview is over in three minutes...give it your BEST SHOT."

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    dumbest quote of the decade

3. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    Good guys are few and far between here. Among the film’s “heroes” are Nouriel Roubini, a New York University professor who predicted the crisis two years before it came to a head (earning him the nickname “Dr. Doom”), billionaire philanthropist George Soros, Rep. Barney Frank (chair of the House Financial Services Committee) and French finance minister Christine Lagarde.

Read more: ‘Inside Job’: Take it to the bank | 3 stars - KansasCity.com

4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    ^^^ Dumbest post of the decade... for cherry picking my words and removing the context.

The reason why we cannot discuss things rationally is that posters like Dainty do not grasp very simple words like 'context'.

The guy is a moron.

5. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    He is easily ignored,
    Funny one of the hero of the film is one of those most responsible for the meltdown.

6. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    One review. In spite of what losers like Cali-Boil say, the movie takes a very close look at who was involved in the mechanics, the economics.

This sprt of shit gets people nowhere...

[​IMG]

The movie is a devastating judgment against the economic advisers from Reagan through Obama. No one escapes. It people want an open and valid criticism of what transpired over 30 years...see the movie.

I wanted to laugh at what people interviewed said at times, but could not because of the sadness and anger I felt listening to people either avoid responsibility, or lay out what others did to keep greed alive.

7. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    Dante has been arguing about context for so long, it became a running joke with asswipes like mani and his stalking crew.

What Cali-Boil said is linked to. Follow the link. the whole context is available. Dante did not quote words without giving a link or context.

--- but let us look at what transpired that upsets the troll so much ----

:evil:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  8. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    As usual, you attack personally both the film and me. You want to defend what the film criticizes?

9. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    btw, Rep. Frank is not a hero in the film. He is quoted. If the film did not do what partisan trolls like Fitnah wanted it to do is irrelevant,. The film is not about politicians or partisan blame. It makes all the Presidents from Reagan with the S&L scandal that was papered over with billions of tax payer dollars...to the choices Obama made after the meltdown that started under G.W. Bush.

from your own one-review link:

"For a brisk, biting and awesomely comprehensive look at the causes of the 2008 financial crisis, the new documentary from Charles Ferguson clearly and dispassionately lays it all out for us...Ferguson never gets on a high horse or engages in name calling. He simply lets the facts speak for themselves. That’s indictment enough."

Read more: ‘Inside Job’: Take it to the bank | 3 stars - KansasCity.com

10. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    mea culpa, for allowing the cacophony of voices out there to deafen me. What was I thinking about Obama's choices for economic advisers? I was thinking his choices were wise ones. In hindsight, I supported putting the Foxes into the hen houses.

Even though many of the arguments against Obama's choices were bogus then and now, there were some people whose voices got lost in the cacophony of screams.

Mea culpa