"ink Not Recognized" :death:

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
Anyone have esoteric tricks for convincing a printer that no, it's not out of ink? :death:

"Ink not recognized" on yellow. I have new ones, so I put a new one in. Still not recognized. Both the new one and the old one have plenty of ink in them.

I tried shutting it off and waiting a while, with the power out, up to four days, doesn't change. Even tried putting a working black cartridge in the yellow space, same thing.

Damn electronics....

Printer is an Epson NX-420.

Last edited:
You using generic cartridges? Using OEM stuff will work better but it's expensive. I know a guy who works at Canon in Japan and he said yes, the printers are cheap and they make it up in Ink Cartridge sales.

Just Google yer printer manufacturers ink problem, I'm sure someone else has already posted a solution for it.

You using generic cartridges? Using OEM stuff will work better but it's expensive. I know a guy who works at Canon in Japan and he said yes, the printers are cheap and they make it up in Ink Cartridge sales.

Just Google yer printer manufacturers ink problem, I'm sure someone else has already posted a solution for it.

Yeah I did that, which is how I got the power memory interruption idea, which didn't work. I also cleaned off the contacts but that doesn't work either.

Yeah they are generic cartridges but the new one was just opened, and it's always worked on them until now. I live in the sticks where getting OEM carts is a looong drive. And given the expense I'm inclined to rather just get a new printer -- if I have to.

Yeah I did that, which is how I got the power memory interruption idea, which didn't work. I also cleaned off the contacts but that doesn't work either.

Yeah they are generic cartridges but the new one was just opened, and it's always worked on them until now. I live in the sticks where getting OEM carts is a looong drive. And given the expense I'm inclined to rather just get a new printer -- if I have to.
Had that issue with a older HP, didn't like one batch of generic cartridges, those that it recognized it I discovered were only half full with ink, yeah there are some less than honest characters out there...... So it's possible you bought empty ink cartridges but just in case it's something else here are some tips for Epson printers:

Had that issue with a older HP, didn't like one batch of generic cartridges, those that it recognized it I discovered were only half full with ink, yeah there are some less than honest characters out there...... So it's possible you bought empty ink cartridges but just in case it's something else here are some tips for Epson printers:

Both the old yellow cart and the new one have plenty of ink -- I can hold it up to the light and see it in there, so it's not that.

I already tried pretty much everything in the video with the exception of cleaning/inspecting the contacts inside the printer -- only because the angle makes it almost impossible to even see in there. Thanks for the tips, it looks like another case of planned obsolescence and a whole new unit, as I have a lot of printing to do. :(

Home printers, especially color printers, are a monumental waste of money.

But taking my print jobs out -- town is 16 miles away -- is out of the question. I'd be in the car like all the time.

Forum List

Back