Indigenous tribe wants there stolen land back that Ben and Jerrys built their Hq's on

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
Last edited by a moderator:
My ancestors here stole others' lands and habitats. So did the Euro-Americans. The SCOTUS ruling against the Navajo Nation that denies the US government's duty to an "affirmative" obligation to provision and protect the Nation's water supply may be devastating.

LOL!
I am, I believe, mostly on yer side..but that map, oh my. You do know that you have tribes that never co-existed listed side-by-side, right.
Which makes sense, as the map is a list of linguistic groups..not really the same thing, boundary-wise..as different tribes may well belong to the same language grouping..and the names given may not correspond to historical presence of the tribes mentioned.

I would also mention that almost all of those groupings did, in fact, take the land from previous owners. As hunter-gatherers, migrations played a big part in who owned what..at any given time. This is history.

I give the US some credit..since we're one of the very few that ever gave a rat's ass about those they defeated and overran.

Not a lot of granting sovereignty and limited territoriality in history, just sayin'

Last edited:

Forum List

Back