Indian Tortoise Will Soon Pass Chinese Hare

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
Very interesting read.

---

Nouriel Roubini is an India optimist. The country may have spent years lagging behind fast-growing Asian neighbors, such as China, but the NYU professor and chairman of Roubini Global Economics sees a role switch ahead, he told Bloomberg Television today.

Economic growth in China, weighed down by an aging population and an obsolete investment-driven economic model, is going to fall to 6.5 percent next year and will drop below 6 percent in 2016, “while in India, with the right reforms, it could go to 7 percent,” he said. “So for the first time ever the tortoise becomes the hare and the hare becomes the tortoise.”

China’s leaders know the problems they face, according to Roubini, who is visiting Hong Kong for a Barclays-sponsored conference, but so far they have been reluctant to follow through on promises to address them. “The Chinese understand their growth model is unsustainable—too much fixed investment, not enough consumption,” Roubini said.

China vs. India It s India by a Nose Roubini Says - Businessweek

Very interesting read.

---

Nouriel Roubini is an India optimist. The country may have spent years lagging behind fast-growing Asian neighbors, such as China, but the NYU professor and chairman of Roubini Global Economics sees a role switch ahead, he told Bloomberg Television today.

Economic growth in China, weighed down by an aging population and an obsolete investment-driven economic model, is going to fall to 6.5 percent next year and will drop below 6 percent in 2016, “while in India, with the right reforms, it could go to 7 percent,” he said. “So for the first time ever the tortoise becomes the hare and the hare becomes the tortoise.”

China’s leaders know the problems they face, according to Roubini, who is visiting Hong Kong for a Barclays-sponsored conference, but so far they have been reluctant to follow through on promises to address them. “The Chinese understand their growth model is unsustainable—too much fixed investment, not enough consumption,” Roubini said.

Vik I am delighted to meet you------a good friend of mine in college was a Ph-d candidate
----from a poor family in India He was a food scientist and I have no doubt he MOVED on
to a successful career---------He told me way back then (when I was young and beautiful----like about
45 years ago) that India has EXCELLENT POTENTIAL -------good land----good resources-----but---
really bad disorganization. I think he was right. I am glad I knew him-------uhm a really hindu name--- since that time I came across it THOUSANDS of times---there are clearly lots of that name
----------I could try to trace him but I
prefer not to---------the alliances of youth----best LEFT untraced. I think he was a something like ---a caste
consisting of farmers------his relatives were farmers------mysore. I hope he managed to effectuate some
stuff he learned in our excellent University ------for Indian agriculture

Very interesting read.

---

Vik I am delighted to meet you------a good friend of mine in college was a Ph-d candidate
----from a poor family in India He was a food scientist and I have no doubt he MOVED on
to a successful career---------He told me way back then (when I was young and beautiful----like about
45 years ago) that India has EXCELLENT POTENTIAL -------good land----good resources-----but---
really bad disorganization. I think he was right. I am glad I knew him-------uhm a really hindu name--- since that time I came across it THOUSANDS of times---there are clearly lots of that name
prefer not to---------the alliances of youth----best LEFT untraced. I think he was a something like ---a caste
consisting of farmers------his relatives were farmers------mysore. I hope he managed to effectuate some

I am glad to meet you to iRosie. You sound like a fun woman.

Very interesting read.

---

I am no fun------I am a very conservative and short girl-----that is why I got along with
Indians--------I got told-----over and over again from both the girls and the boys----
"you are just like the girls back home"-----------well----I am short-----when young I had long
hair and rolled it up to a kinda little bun------that was REALY the reason that the young
indian docs in the large hospital in which I did my college time job------saw me as "kinda
normal" -------the women in my part of the USA --------are GIANTS -----like 5'8 is normal
for them------big feet too. ------REALLY!!! my little job at that time included "front desk"
Saturday nite (hours no one else wanted) ------at a very large teaching hospital-----the young
innocent doctors hired to be "HOUSE STAFF" first encountered me---short and dark haired---
ok that looked ok ------then the GIANT WOMAN ADMIINSTRATOR SHOWED UP------I CANNOT
DESCRIBE THE EXPRESSION OF HORROR WHEN THE 5'10" LADY SHOWED UP-----
thus----those poor innocent frightened dravidians always returned to short little me with
their questions-------and I got to learn about them too nice job when I was a kid----
good experience. The Pakistanis saw me as kinda normal too------so I got to learn about
them too.--------and the Iranians-------REALLY A DIFFERENT GROUP -------I came to be
something like an ANTHROPOLOGIST------at home----right here in the USA -----in the STICKS---
I lived in a really stupid----semi rural/suburban area of the USA.

Very interesting read.

---

I am no fun------I am a very conservative and short girl-----that is why I got along with
Indians--------I got told-----over and over again from both the girls and the boys----
"you are just like the girls back home"-----------well----I am short-----when young I had long
hair and rolled it up to a kinda little bun------that was REALY the reason that the young
indian docs in the large hospital in which I did my college time job------saw me as "kinda
normal" -------the women in my part of the USA --------are GIANTS -----like 5'8 is normal
for them------big feet too. ------REALLY!!! my little job at that time included "front desk"
Saturday nite (hours no one else wanted) ------at a very large teaching hospital-----the young
innocent doctors hired to be "HOUSE STAFF" first encountered me---short and dark haired---
ok that looked ok ------then the GIANT WOMAN ADMIINSTRATOR SHOWED UP------I CANNOT
thus----those poor innocent frightened dravidians always returned to short little me with
their questions-------and I got to learn about them too nice job when I was a kid----
good experience. The Pakistanis saw me as kinda normal too------so I got to learn about
them too.--------and the Iranians-------REALLY A DIFFERENT GROUP -------I came to be
something like an ANTHROPOLOGIST------at home----right here in the USA -----in the STICKS---

You fooled me. I thought you were fun.

On a side note, you should not use the word Dravidian. It is a derogatory term and most informed Indians will not like it. British in their attempt to divide Indians grouped them as Aryan and Dravidian.

Very interesting read.

---

You fooled me. I thought you were fun.

On a side note, you should not use the word Dravidian. It is a derogatory term and most informed Indians will not like it. British in their attempt to divide Indians grouped them as Aryan and Dravidian.

I am not a BRIT in IMHO it is the dravidians who are the original hindus-----the most charming----
and----interestingly ----the most physically beautiful. Those Aryans who pushed their way into the indus
valley--------were opportunists--- One of my best friends in college was a big tall BRAHMAN----
---Bengali. He even knew Sanskrit------but even he understood the invaders are today's "brahmins An anecdote----->>>>>>>>one day
we were involved in something that needed to be TIED -----he pulled out a -----bunch of strings------with a
complexity of knots-------he explained "this is a sacred Brahmin thing that I am supposed to wear"
He wanted to tie up the parcel with this thing that his brother made for him. I objected "you want to use that to tie this thing up?" he laughed------"I would not mind throwing it into the garbage" ----well----I did
now allow it and told him to put it away.............

I will prove that my story is true-----he told me that NABHI means "belly button" in Sanskrit"

I should mention that I particularly like the dravidians-----because they are short-----like me.---very
dark skin------NOT LIKE ME-------I am so damned white that ten minutes in the sun ----I turn bright red---
but ----I encountered short very very dark people------very very beautiful amongst the Indians -----and
later understood them to be dravidians------some had skin so dark in color that it is startling---almost
black- who asked the brits? I have never forgiven them for inventing the dreaded SOFT BOILED
EGG.

Forum List

Back