Indian Motorcycle Unveils Three New Models

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
Pretty cool. Picture's at link.

Indian Motorcycle Unveils Three New Models In Bid To Take On Harley Davidson

America’s first motorcycle company, Indian Motorcycles, came roaring back to life Saturday night at the annual motorcycle rally in Sturgis, S. Dakota, where the company unveiled not just one, but three new models to challenge market leader Harley Davidson.

The new bikes combine Indian’s iconic styling with modern technology features like a new Thunderstroke 111 engine, keyless ignition, electronic throttle, Bluetooth smartphone connectivity and a windshield that powers up or down.

The ambitious rollout by parent Polaris Industries, the $3.2 billion-a-year maker of snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles, comes after a series of false starts by previous owners in the 60 years since Indian went bankrupt.

Indian Motorcycle Unveils Three New Models In Bid To Take On Harley Davidson - Forbes

Vroom, vroom...
:cool:
Bluegin wrote: Pretty cool. Picture's at link.

2014-Indian-Chief-Classic.jpg
0x600.jpg

The 2014 Indian Chief Classic sells for $18,999

Last edited:
Not too shabby. Polaris led the Victory campaign and although the Victory is a nice bike - they have a shortage of dealerships. That's where Harley's got the lock - they have dealerships everywhere. I do like the Chieftan, kinda looks like a Street Gluide. They're going to need to add a tour pack on that bike to be competitive.

Pretty cool. Picture's at link.

Indian Motorcycle Unveils Three New Models In Bid To Take On Harley Davidson

America’s first motorcycle company, Indian Motorcycles, came roaring back to life Saturday night at the annual motorcycle rally in Sturgis, S. Dakota, where the company unveiled not just one, but three new models to challenge market leader Harley Davidson.

The new bikes combine Indian’s iconic styling with modern technology features like a new Thunderstroke 111 engine, keyless ignition, electronic throttle, Bluetooth smartphone connectivity and a windshield that powers up or down.

The ambitious rollout by parent Polaris Industries, the $3.2 billion-a-year maker of snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles, comes after a series of false starts by previous owners in the 60 years since Indian went bankrupt.

Indian Motorcycle Unveils Three New Models In Bid To Take On Harley Davidson - Forbes

:thup:

Just seeing the name "Indian' gives me a good feeling.

And those are some lovely rides.

The British motorcycle industry is gone. Japanese make a few bikes. The reverse three wheel Can-Am looks stupid. Indians really look good. I hope they can compete with the HD legend.

The Can-Am's are pretty cool...mostly, you get spectacular performance! A reverse trike is much more stable than a motorcycle or a regular trike.

The Can-Am's are pretty cool...mostly, you get spectacular performance! A reverse trike is much more stable than a motorcycle or a regular trike.

I agree...I think they are pretty cool. Saw some in a parking lot while out with friends and they definitely caught my attention. Think I may have posted about them at one point. If I had extra money and storage...even I would probably want to own one.

Just looked at the 13 Rushmore Ultra Classic
Dear God it's awesome
$23 k out the door.....

The British motorcycle industry is gone. Japanese make a few bikes. The reverse three wheel Can-Am looks stupid. Indians really look good. I hope they can compete with the HD legend.

The british Motorcycle Industry is not gone. Triumph still produces a good line of bikes. I have 2. They just realize their market and stay with it. They are not trying to compete with Harley. I love my Classic Speed Triple. 2001 Legend.

With that said, I like Indian.

My father in law had a 1946 Indian that he bought 7 years old. He sold it in about 2009. Now he could kick himself.

It looked just like this: All original.

1946-indian-chief-21651178.jpg

No thanks
I've driven one
It's like driving a lawn mower
'Driven' is the right word for those 3 wheel contraptions.

Might as well buy a car.

I would rather 'ride' a regular 2 wheel motorcycle. .. :cool:

No thanks
I've driven one
It's like driving a lawn mower

Horse shit. 100HP and a running weight of about 850lbs (no more than a big touring bike) is more like a Nextel Cup car than a lawnmower! (In perspective, that's a better weight-power ratio than a new Boss 302 Mustang!) And, of course, they handle like slot cars!

Forum List

Back