For Bike Enthusiasts On USMB

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NATO AIR, Oct 10, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    business is booming

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,799
    I know all about it. I'm having the time of my life as a Harley Davidson Tech. But this isn't anything "new" for me. I'm 49 years old and have been riding motorcycles since I was nine. Actually my first motorcycle was a Fox chopper style mini bike with a Briggs and Straton 3 1/2 horse power motor. I got my first "motorcycle" when I was thirteen. A Honda Sport Ninety. I've owned seven motorcycles in all, and I was dealing with one of the salesmen at work just Friday on a 2005 H-D Fatboy.

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    that's great you get to do what you want in life as a job. most people are not so fortunate.

4. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Whats up Pale & happy Holidays to you & yours!
    I have a question for ya, I have never looked at new Harleys ( like the old styles) but what is the average price for a 05?....just curious, I have heard these new bikes cost more than my house & 2 acres of land in the south...lol.. what ever happen to get together with a couple friends & throw a bike together with spare parts...lol..ooo well just curious
    Jeff

5. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    If you have to ask then you can't afford it!

6. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL...your right...but to be honest ya couldnt give me one... I know that will more than likley bring a back lash of *your crazy's*...lol... but to me if ya can't rip it down & make it the way ya want then it just isnt the same, I have had many Harley's & the most money ever pd for one was $5200... I just dont see anything being worth the money I hear they are selling for
    Jeff

7. pretender

pretender Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33
    You could give me one. Seriously the one I looked at a couple of years ago wasn't that expensive. I think it ran a little over 9,000$. Understand it was one of the smaller ones since I couldn't even hold up one of the big ones. My brother-in-law has one and a friend of mine has a fat boy with all the trimmings. Now you are talking big bucks. He probably paid a lot more than I paid for my SUV. But I think if I ever decided to get one it would be a Harley.

Those shows where they custom build bikes have become very popular. My daughter and I watch them all the time. Not only are those guys getting rich they are getting famous.

8. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    I suspect there is a bit of Easy Rider in all of us!

9. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    I found this line particularly humorous:

lol :)

As if a myriad of other bikes couldn't accomplish the same feat? Bikes aren't just faster than 'some' Italian Exotics - they are faster than "THE" Italian Exotic. :)

To put it in better perspective:

2004 Kawasaki ZX-10R 1/4 mile: 9.92 @ 147mph Top Speed:186 MSRP: $10,999 Fuel Economy: About 35mpg

2003 Ferrari Enzo 1/4 mile: 11.2 sec @ 136mph Top Speed: (redline limited, Manufacturer's Estimate): 209mph MSRP: $643,330 Fuel Economy: 8 city, 12 Hwy

Not just the ZX10R, but most of the newest 1000cc Japanese sport bikes aren't just fast - they are blazing. The force applied to one's body under even 3/4 throttle makes it hard to hold one's head up. Terms like 'tunnel vision' become familiar. Power-on Wheelies become common.

Another perspective? Even today's 600cc bikes are quicker in the 1/4 mile, than the Enzo, with close to the same trap speed - and they can be had for $2000-3000 LESS than the ZX10.

:D

10. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    ok ok I was being a bit hasty...lol.. guess if they wanted to give me one I would have to take it...lol
    Jeff :)