Indeed, There Should Be No Official Religious Test

That said, in actuality one is applied every time a voter makes his mark, if the voter is so inclined.

Roy Moore Now Says There Shouldn't Be A Religious Test For Public Office | HuffPost
There is not supposed to be but that doesn't mean that the people individually cannot vote the way they see fit when it comes to the beliefs of who they are voting for. Apparently some of the anitchrist and agnostics believe that they should be able to discriminate against Christians but heck even some who call themselves Christians do that also do to their own ignorance, greed or personal issues. People need to vet their candidates more thoroughly and those who are in the political parties in their own areas to make sure they are getting good decent honorable people in political positions. The majority in this nation are still Christians and it will remain that away if they do not give it away freely through their own ignorance.

While there should be no formal religious test for public office, i.e. no statements from anyone in government that "this post must be occupied by a Presbyterian" or "Lutherans are ineligible for office," it is entirely appropriate to question a candidate on his/her views on various subjects to avoid the danger that the candidate, once obtaining the office, will exercise the duties of that office and make policy according to his/her sectarian beliefs, which would pose an enormous threat to our liberty. Remember that this person will wield power over us, and it is both highly unethical and an abuse of power for any office holder to attempt to impose his/her individual beliefs on the people.
It is so ironic that Moore's history on the Alabama bench illustrates this problem.

The real reason no religious test is necessary: just keep muslims out of the US or out of authority positions completely. It is a praised-by-Hitler ideology of hate with a 100% track record of NEVER peacefully co-existing with anyone and a 100% track record of rape, death and human rights atrocities everywhere this religion of HATE has slithered! Stoning women to death, chopping little girls' clits off, beheading/fucking children of their enemies, teaching their own children to be suicide bombers, hijacking airplanes.....what the FUCK other major religion does this shit? Pisslam is the biggest reason I want treasonous liberalfilth to die of cancer....while I watch and jack off.

While there should be no formal religious test for public office, i.e. no statements from anyone in government that "this post must be occupied by a Presbyterian" or "Lutherans are ineligible for office," it is entirely appropriate to question a candidate on his/her views on various subjects to avoid the danger that the candidate, once obtaining the office, will exercise the duties of that office and make policy according to his/her sectarian beliefs, which would pose an enormous threat to our liberty. Remember that this person will wield power over us, and it is both highly unethical and an abuse of power for any office holder to attempt to impose his/her individual beliefs on the people.
It is so ironic that Moore's history on the Alabama bench illustrates this problem.
Yet the people of Alabama have kept him (Roy Moore) in their supreme court when in fact they have not voted him off of the bench.

Yet the people of Alabama have kept him (Roy Moore) in their supreme court when in fact they have not voted him off of the bench.

So they put Roy Moore and his antics above the U.S. Constitution and laws, endangering both our system of government and the civil rights of other Alabama citizens. Civil rights are not subject to majority rule, or we might as well rip up the Constitution because it would be useless at protecting anyone. It may be that many Alabamans are members of his religion, but not all are. We must not allow a theocracy to take hold here. This is not Iran or Saudi Arabia however many Americans would wish we were.

The real reason no religious test is necessary: just keep muslims out of the US or out of authority positions completely. It is a praised-by-Hitler ideology of hate with a 100% track record of NEVER peacefully co-existing with anyone and a 100% track record of rape, death and human rights atrocities everywhere this religion of HATE has slithered! Stoning women to death, chopping little girls' clits off, beheading/fucking children of their enemies, teaching their own children to be suicide bombers, hijacking airplanes.....what the FUCK other major religion does this shit? Pisslam is the biggest reason I want treasonous liberalfilth to die of cancer....while I watch and jack off.

But how do we keep these arrogant, ignorant preacher assholes from trying to rule over us with their sick, depressing, and phony brand of "Christian" religion? Do you really want preverts like james dobson and the family research council running both your sex life and your spiritual life? Training little girls to be sold for sex before they even have a chance to grow up, get an education, and decide what they want to do in life? Teaching boys that it is okay to abuse girls and demand that their wives be sex slaves? Teaching people to hate anyone who isn't just like them? These filthy guys must be kept from exercising any power over the rest of us Americans.

But how do we keep these arrogant, ignorant preacher assholes from trying to rule over us with their sick, depressing, and phony brand of "Christian" religion? Do you really want preverts like james dobson and the family research council running both your sex life and your spiritual life? Training little girls to be sold for sex before they even have a chance to grow up, get an education, and decide what they want to do in life? Teaching boys that it is okay to abuse girls and demand that their wives be sex slaves? Teaching people to hate anyone who isn't just like them? These filthy guys must be kept from exercising any power over the rest of us Americans.

I'm not crazy about those guys either, but judging from your fantastical hysterical nonsense, should a choice be required - better them than you.

I'm not crazy about those guys either, but judging from your fantastical hysterical nonsense, should a choice be required - better them than you.
Yeah, like I'm one of the ones who are doing this. There is nothing "fantastical" or "hysterical" in wanting to get this trash stopped as they are trying for control of the decent part of the American population. The time to do something about it is now.
They can go home, go to their church, sing, do that wave thing in the air, demand sex, do cartwheels in the parking lot. Whatever, as long as they are kept from power and not try to force their choice of lifestyle on the rest of us.

So they put Roy Moore and his antics above the U.S. Constitution and laws, endangering both our system of government and the civil rights of other Alabama citizens. Civil rights are not subject to majority rule, or we might as well rip up the Constitution because it would be useless at protecting anyone. It may be that many Alabamans are members of his religion, but not all are. We must not allow a theocracy to take hold here. This is not Iran or Saudi Arabia however many Americans would wish we were.
Oh but as the leftist have claimed here on this board many times over we do have the right to have laws on the books for the "public good".

Forum List

Back