INCREDIBLE! College Student Rewarded For Study Showing Proper English Is Racist

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
19328_erika_gallagherp.jpg

One has to wonder at the standards of our education institutions and the loons who seem to be running things there.

Too bad no one ever taught her that raising the bar for all Americans in education raises the bar for the culture.

Bowing to the lowest common denominator does the opposite.

Story @ INCREDIBLE! College Student Rewarded For Study Showing Proper English Is Racist

and then comes this:

Student Gets Accepted to Stanford after Writing ‘Black Lives Matter’ in Essay 100 Times @ Student Gets Accepted to Stanford after Writing ‘Black Lives Matter’ in Essay 100 Times

One has to wonder at the standards of our education institutions and the loons who seem to be running things there.

Too bad no one ever taught her that raising the bar for all Americans in education raises the bar for the culture.

Story @ INCREDIBLE! College Student Rewarded For Study Showing Proper English Is Racist

and then comes this:

Student Gets Accepted to Stanford after Writing ‘Black Lives Matter’ in Essay 100 Times @ Student Gets Accepted to Stanford after Writing ‘Black Lives Matter’ in Essay 100 Times

One of these daze, one hold the hope, you will learn to actually read your own articles before bringing them in here to embarass yourself even further than you already have.

NOWHERE does the article say Gallagher concluded "proper English is racist". Doesn't even include the work racist anywhere at all. It's a study on code switching and the perceived social implications. There is no conclusion implying that "proper English is racist". In fact the concept that there even is such a quantifiable entity as "proper English", itself contradicts the scope of the research. Go ahead, try to prove me wrong.

Gullible's Travels strikes again. They see a headline and froth at the mouth, never bothering to suss out the readily-available details in the story that directly contradict and put the lie to the headline. They dress up as a three-dollar banjo and stand on the fake-news street corner wielding a sign that says PLAY ME.

SMH

and then comes this:

One of these daze, one hold the hope, you will learn to actually read your own articles before bringing them in here to embarass yourself even further than you already have.

NOWHERE does the article say Gallagher concluded "proper English is racist". Doesn't even include the work racist anywhere at all. It's a study on code switching and the perceived social implications. There is no conclusion implying that "proper English is racist". In fact the concept that there even is such a quantifiable entity as "proper English", itself contradicts the scope of the research. Go ahead, try to prove me wrong.

Gullible's Travels strikes again. They see a headline and froth at the mouth, never bothering to suss out the readily-available details in the story that directly contradict and put the lie to the headline. They dress up as a three-dollar banjo and stand on the fake-news street corner wielding a sign that says PLAY ME.

SMH

One of these daze, one (?) hold the hope, you will learn to actually read your own articles before bringing them in here to embarass yourself even further than you already have.

Perhaps you should learn English yourself.

and then comes this:

SMH

One of these daze, one (?) hold the hope, you will learn to actually read your own articles before bringing them in here to embarass yourself even further than you already have.

Perhaps you should learn English yourself.

Perhaps you should figure out why subliminal spelling subtleties sail over your head.

It all makes sense once you grok that universities are for indoctrination, not education.

It makes sense only if one stops reading at the headline, closes one's eyes and swallows the whole load down.
Without of course ever checking the source for its refutation.

--- A refutation which I invited any citation thereof, and of coarse got no takers.

As already noted -- there are those who walk among us dressed up as a three-dollar banjo holding a sign that says "PLAY ME". Exactly why they would voluntarily choose to do so, I have no idea.

Today's colleges and universities are FAKE EDUCATION!

I just witnessed a complete and total, illiterate nincompoop by the name of Phoebe Maltz Bovy on Book TV. She was not able to form one complete sentence while attempting to discuss and promote her ridiculous book. She alluded to herself as being an academic, which confirms the fact that academia today, like the MSM is fake.

Today's colleges and universities are FAKE EDUCATION!

I just witnessed a complete and total, illiterate nincompoop by the name of Phoebe Maltz Bovy on Book TV. She was not able to form one complete sentence while attempting to discuss and promote her ridiculous book. She alluded to herself as being an academic, which confirms the fact that academia today, like the MSM is fake.

Oh does it now.

Sorry Twinkles but a made-up anecdote with no link to anything doesn't "confirm" anything except that you accidentally found the computer power button.

Forum List

Back