% Increase In Debt By President

And that decline is mostly attributable to a growing economy producing higher revenue. Spending is still near record highs. And again, it's Congress which controls spending; though the president's contribution is approving such spending and sometimes even requesting it.

Which brings me full circle to my initial point on this before the :laugh2: forum jester :laugh2: tried to deviate away from it since it implicates Republicans ... Another poster pointed out the debt is expected to increase by $4 trillion over the next two years ... that's $2 trillion per year or double the $1 trillion per year we've been averaging over the previous 4 years.

Since revenues are expected to continue increasing over the next two years that means spending is the main reason for adding $4 trillion in debt over the next two years ........

....... and which party controls the House, where ALL spending bills originate?? :eek:
Thats my point jerk-off: Deficits are HIGHER now than in pre-recession Bush years, despite record revenue. If we have more revenue theoretically deficits ought to be LOWER, not HIGHER. Yet htey are HIGHER, Whose fault is this?
Already answered, :laugh2: forum jester :laugh2:

But I'll repeat if for ya since you're slow ....

Congress controls spending; though the president's contribution is approving such spending and sometimes even requesting it.

Capiche?

But let me guess ... if $4 trillion is added to the debt over the next two years amid growing revenues and Congressional spending -- you're going to blame Obama and not the Republican-led Congress, right?
So the blow out in spending under Bush was actually the Democrats' fault since they controlled Congress for some of that time, especially in the hyper-deficit recession years. Right?
Of course Democrats get the blame for spending us out of Bush Great Recession. For example, Bush asked for $700b to help save the economy. Obama then asked for an additional $550b to stimulate growth due to Bush's Great Recession. In both cases, Democrats passed it so of course they are credited with that spending. However, it isn't so myopic. That spending was an attempt to repair the economy which was cratered by Republican policies from years earlier.
Wow thats not revisionism.
For starters, Obama's Stimulus was about 1T. ANd it failed. And deficits have piled up unde rthe Democrats ever since, higher now than any time during the Bush years except 2009.
It was less than a trillion and about 1/3rd of that was in tax cuts. The other 2/3rds were for spending. Don't you know anything, :laugh2: jester :laugh2:??

Congress Approves 787 Billion Stimulus Plan NPR

And no, it's not possible to say it failed since it was designed to "save or create at least 3 million jobs by the end of 2010," and estimates have shown it could have been that high. By the same token, it's not possible to say it was successful either since those same estimates came up short on the low end.

And more of your idiocy is to claim that deficits "piled up" since deficits don't accumulate from year to year. Yet another thing I can only chalk up to your immeasurable ignorance. But since we seem to agree that deficits remain near record highs, how do you not blame the House, which creates all spending bills and has been under Republican control for 4 years now?

Thats my point jerk-off: Deficits are HIGHER now than in pre-recession Bush years, despite record revenue. If we have more revenue theoretically deficits ought to be LOWER, not HIGHER. Yet htey are HIGHER, Whose fault is this?

Congress controls spending; though the president's contribution is approving such spending and sometimes even requesting it.

Capiche?

But let me guess ... if $4 trillion is added to the debt over the next two years amid growing revenues and Congressional spending -- you're going to blame Obama and not the Republican-led Congress, right?
So the blow out in spending under Bush was actually the Democrats' fault since they controlled Congress for some of that time, especially in the hyper-deficit recession years. Right?
Of course Democrats get the blame for spending us out of Bush Great Recession. For example, Bush asked for $700b to help save the economy. Obama then asked for an additional $550b to stimulate growth due to Bush's Great Recession. In both cases, Democrats passed it so of course they are credited with that spending. However, it isn't so myopic. That spending was an attempt to repair the economy which was cratered by Republican policies from years earlier.
For starters, Obama's Stimulus was about 1T. ANd it failed. And deficits have piled up unde rthe Democrats ever since, higher now than any time during the Bush years except 2009.
It was less than a trillion and about 1/3rd of that was in tax cuts. The other 2/3rds were for spending. Don't you know anything, :laugh2: jester :laugh2:??

And no, it's not possible to say it failed since it was designed to "save or create at least 3 million jobs by the end of 2010," and estimates have shown it could have been that high. By the same token, it's not possible to say it was successful either since those same estimates came up short on the low end.

And more of your idiocy is to claim that deficits "piled up" since deficits don't accumulate from year to year. Yet another thing I can only chalk up to your immeasurable ignorance. But since we seem to agree that deficits remain near record highs, how do you not blame the House, which creates all spending bills and has been under Republican control for 4 years now?
Yo get pwned every time you try to debate me because your knowledge of the facts sucks.
The real price tag for stimulus Between 1 trillion and 1.7 trillion - The Washington Post
Here;s a hint: You dont have the chops to debate me. Just admit it and move on.
Deficits certainly accumulate year to year. That's called "debt". You are a dolt, an idiot, a moron, an ignoramus, and a Democrat.

Capiche?

Yo get pwned every time you try to debate me because your knowledge of the facts sucks.
The real price tag for stimulus Between 1 trillion and 1.7 trillion - The Washington Post
Here;s a hint: You dont have the chops to debate me. Just admit it and move on.
Deficits certainly accumulate year to year. That's called "debt". You are a dolt, an idiot, a moron, an ignoramus, and a Democrat.
Spits the :laugh2: forum jester :laugh2: in order to avoid answering my question.

Imbecile, your own article says the difference above the $787b came from additional bills beyond ARRA.

And again, what I said was what Obama asked for, which was about $550b in spending for his stimulus plan; the rest of which he asked for came in the form of tax cuts.

The funniest part is watching you gloat! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Your comedy routine aside, since deficits are expected to double over the next two years and since revenues and spending are expected to climb over that period .... are you going to blame Republicans, who control the Congress, for doubling the deficit?

Oops, I almost missed this one .......

Deficits are not the debt. The debt accumulates from year to year (when there are deficits); but deficits do not "pile up" from year to year. Deficits are wiped clean when the new budget kicks in and grow during the fiscal year when spending is greater than revenue.

This is yet another example of why you are the :laugh2: forum jester :laugh2:

Deficits are not the debt. The debt accumulates from year to year (when there are deficits); but deficits do not "pile up" from year to year. Deficits are wiped clean when the new budget kicks in and grow during the fiscal year when spending is greater than revenue.

You're an idiot That much is clear. Equally clear is you dont have a clue what you're talking about.
Bye.

You're an idiot That much is clear. Equally clear is you dont have a clue what you're talking about.
Cries the imbecile who just confused the debt with deficits.

Wait! Before you run away in shame ... why are you refusing to answer .... ?

Since deficits are expected to double over the next two years and since revenues and spending are expected to climb over that period .... are you going to blame Republicans, who control the Congress, for doubling the deficit?

Cries the imbecile who just confused the debt with deficits.

Wait! Before you run away in shame ... why are you refusing to answer .... ?

Since deficits are expected to double over the next two years and since revenues and spending are expected to climb over that period .... are you going to blame Republicans, who control the Congress, for doubling the deficit?

Forum List

Back