Inciting violence against judges?

wolverine

Apr 4, 2005
United States
Tom Delay issued this statement after Terri Schiavo's death:
“Mrs. Schiavo’s death is a moral poverty and a legal tragedy. This loss happened because our legal system did not protect the people who need protection most, and that will change. The time will come for the men responsible for this to answer for their behavior, but not today. Today we grieve, we pray, and we hope to God this fate never befalls another. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Schindlers and with Terri Schiavo's friends in this time of deep sorrow. ” LINK
Now I know he's talking about possibly bringing these judges in to answer as to why they did not adhere to a federal subpoena issued for Terri and following a newly passed law to look at the case anew- maybe even possible impeachment. But the left is trying to shut this down (possible hearings) by saying this talk is a way to incite physical harm to these judges. Perhaps even advocating it.

Kennedy implied that DeLay was inciting violence against judges and called on him to make clear he was not.. STORY
I think the libs are a little worried there could be some real repercussions for these judges - and to save them means making it look as though some politicians are calling for civil unrest through acts of violence. That way republicans back off and no congressional hearings.

And if Tom DeLay backs off his statement by as much as one syllable, he'll have given creedence to a shameful, disgusting political trick - the oldest one in the book. Dilute, deflect, misdirect. Smoke and mirrors. Sleight of hand. When your ideology has been exposed as the soulless, barren sham that it is, discredit your opponent - the more shrilly and hysterically, the better.

How stupid is America? We shall have our answer very soon, I expect.

Welcome to the board, Wolverine!

wolverine said:
I think the libs are a little worried there could be some real repercussions for these judges - and to save them means making it look as though some politicians are calling for civil unrest through acts of violence. That way republicans back off and no congressional hearings.

I think the problem with the Democrats accusing are alittle confused if they think Republicans have to be violent to get what we want. We are the party in power. The party in power doenst have to resort to violence to get power. the who accusations just don't make sense.

Mr. P said:
Nope, but :link: and I'll tell ya what I think.

Bullypulpit was kind enough to reproduce it - in its entirety (and, apparently, with a straight face) - in the General USA Chat section, in the "Tom DeLay - Shameless political opportunist" thread - page 5, post #66.

Mr. P said:
Okay, read it...

Lautenberg went way to far and so did Delay. They are BOTH out of line.

Well, I'll doff my cap to you. At least you're not defending Lautenberg.

Mr. P said:
I don't know why you thought I may have...but that's okay.

*Put the hat back on, I can see the bald spot* :)

SUNGLASSES! A WELDING MASK! ANYTHING! AAAAHHHHHH - MY EYES!!!! :eek2:

You should be aware that your comments yesterday may violate a Federal criminal statute, 18 U.S.C. §115 (a)(1)(B). That law states:

“Whoever threatens to assault…. or murder, a United States judge… with intent to retaliate against such… judge…. on account of the performance of official duties, shall be punished [by up to six years in prison]”

Threats against specific Federal judges are not only a serious crime, but also beneath a Member of Congress. In my view, the true measure of democracy is how it dispenses justice. Your attempt to intimidate judges in America not only threatens our courts, but our fundamental democracy as well.

This is typical liberal doublespeak.

The law refers to threats of assault or murder. Lautenberg then refers to DeLays "threats" as if they are the same kind of threats of assault and murder which they weren't....here is a perfect example of the liberal mind twisting and turning to come out with the desired result....

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the legislative branch watching and correcting the judicial branch. In fact, it is their job to do so. I salute Tom DeLay for speaking up for a poor disabled but alive and not dying woman put to death via starvation as ruled by the judiciary. :mad:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the legislative branch watching and correcting the judicial branch. In fact, it is their job to do so. I salute Tom DeLay for speaking up for a poor disabled but alive and not dying woman put to death via starvation as ruled by the judiciary.

Amen to that. They need to be a little more proactive, IMO, and start REMOVING somve of these activist judges. It is within their power to do so. We just need to weed a few more Dem's out of Congress so it won't matter what they have to say.

That pickled fossil Kennedy comes to mind.

Lautenberg's letter is full of total :bsflag: He knew the context in which Delay was speaking.

Political grandstanding at it's finest. Or lowest.

Superstar said:
.... We just need to weed a few more Dem's out of Congress so it won't matter what they have to say.

That pickled fossil Kennedy comes to mind.
Not that I disagree with you, but I'd fight you on this one. That's (majority rule) not how this Republic is suppose to operate.:bsflag:

Mr. P said:
Not that I disagree with you, but I'd fight you on this one. That's (majority rule) not how this Republic is suppose to operate.:bsflag:

Are you talking Constitution or Senate rules?

Forum List

Back