Ina LANDSLIDE, House repeals Obamacare

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Mini 14, Jan 19, 2011.

1. thereisnospoon

thereisnospoon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,050

Must be amateur night.
    First. Both the insurance and pharmaceutical lobbies were instrumental in the writing of this bill.
    The GOP offered several plans, all of which were rejected by democrats. The democrats essentially told the GOP to go to hell.
    BTW, you can google it. The GOP proposal were marked up by the committee.
    The dems rejected any notion of entertaining a GOP plan. You can google that too.
    We've complained about the federal worker and elected official health care plans all along.
    You're kidding yourself if you think Obamacare is going to remain intact. It isn't.
    This is not going to fly. No way. Our side may not get rid if it before the next Congressional election....2012 there are 23 democrat Senate seats which are "vulnerable". all th GOP needs are 7 conservatives to be elected to those seats and it's bye bye Obamacare. Long before 2014 when this lunacy is supposed to kick in.
    There is no debate on this. No need for you to reply. Don't waste your time denying the inevitable

2. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,845
    To any lefttard that thiks like this is full of shit. the democrats got their asses handed to them because of obama and his progressive agenda. If obama was running in 2010 we would have a ne President.

3. bigrebnc1775

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,845
    I'm proof that you have made these claims one time or another.. and jake you are left of mainstream

4. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42,293
    Neo and bigreb both lie, both use the strawman fallacy. Maybe it is unintentional, that they can't comprehend others writings. I don't think so, but it is possible. I will post a definition here of the fallacy.

"The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

1. Person A has position X.
    2. Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).
    3. Person B attacks position Y.
    4. Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself. One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person."

Neither Neo or bigreb are Republicans, so their POV on what a member should be simply does not matter. They misrepresent my positions because they can't argue clearly against them.

I will make a challenge to both of them.

Answer Neo's own list above about their own beliefs.

They have now and in the past said X, Y, Z about my beliefs without any evidence then demand rebuttal evidence against it. That's not it works.

Make your case from the list above with evidence, after you made your case for your own conservative credentials from the case above about yourselves.

I am waiting.
    Examples of Straw Man

5. bigrebnc1775

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,845

Jake you are not allowed to make any challenge because you neve address any questions askd of you.
    Just exactly which of these statements haven't you made or gave a none answer too?
    -believing the General Welfare Clause can be used by itself for generating legislation
    -believing that statism does not exist anywhere in the world
    -believing that Rousseau had a greater influence on the founding of this nation than Locke
    -believing that the Tenth Amendment does not exist or matter, such a reckless view of the Constitution
    -believing that the Commerce Clause can be used to justify any Federal gov't intrusion
    -the apparent use of resources that are outside the mainstream
    -NEW- believing that there is no transfer of man's rights in their Social Contract with gov't
    -NEW- believing that Red China is a country of individual economic and personal freedoms.
    -NEW- believing that the size of gov't does not matter

6. Synthaholic

Synthaholic Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Kicking PoliticalChic's ass up & down the forum
    Ratings:
    +10,371
    Wrong again, Big Rebecca.

Liberals stayed home. That's why Democrats lost.

Unless you can show that more Republicans voted in the 2010 mid-term than the 2008 Presidential election.

7. Liability

Liability Locked Account. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,063
    By what laughably passes for the "reasoning" of guys like Simpleholic and tackylib, the literal thumping just taken by the liberal Democratics in the midterm elections is not a thumping at all.

No.

In fact, if you stand on your head, and squint and look through the right perceptual filter you can make out the following words on the back of the Declaration of Independence: "We didn't lose. We Won! We won BIG time! In fact, if it weren't for low liberal voter turn out, we'd have made impressive electoral gains in the House and the Senate! Praise be to Gaia!"

8. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42,293
    You have made an accusation without evidence. You have done this before, and have been corrected for it. I don't have to answer a list in debate until my accusers have made a case. A list is not a case.

But I will let you make a defense of your conservative credentials, using that list.

Once you have done so, then I can respond with the same list.

Until you have done so, no obligation exists on my side.

9. Synthaholic

Synthaholic Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Kicking PoliticalChic's ass up & down the forum
    Ratings:
    +10,371
    Can you show that there was a bigger republican turnout for 2010 than for 2008?

10. logical4u

logical4u citizen

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +543
    The $600 purchase report system added to this bill will put companies out of business. Anyone that runs heavy machinery will have to get the documents almost every time they fuel their equipment. Since many of those use mobile equipment, they will have to collect documents from businesses from all over the country and document all the required information.

The insurance companies that made back room deals with the President that will soon find out the President means nothing he says and his deals are lies. The law will change and the insurance companies will see no profits in the future. They will collect payments as long as they can and delay pay-outs until they can hide the money and declare bankruptcy.

The hospitals that are run by religious charities will be "required" to perform services that are against their religion to collect government money for any service. The hospitals will close, leaving less care available.

The medical professionals that are tired of having paperwork come before the patient, will find under the "new system", even more paperwork is required leaving even less time for patien care. The ones that joined the medical professions to actually "care for people" will leave.

It goes on, only those that believe in unicorns and magic wands believe that something someone else has to provide is a "right".