In The Weeks Ahead

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    war thread, political thread? Hmmm, Political

It's already starting, but there could be a lot of blowback here. We've already seen it with the posts from the dem spinmeisters.
    Granted, the original source is a bit of a problem, BUT he did get the spin right:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8251

Here is the 'blowback possibilty' that I'm thinking of. There are many embedded links at original site:

http://www.denbeste.nu/cd_log_entries/2004/07/Hystericallyshriekingleft.shtml

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Hey! The NY Post has decided to print the letter from Johnson, wonder if WaPo will respond? Nah. Might be a good idea though to send a letter to the editor, no sense in letting them off thinking people don't know that they and the NYT are no longer first rate:

http://nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/24231.htm

3. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    All the returned soldiers from Iraq who call up Rush Limbaugh to discuss the news coverage of Iraq in this country say the same thing as Eric Johnson. They say they are dumbfounded by the negative coverage of the war in our newspapers and don't think things are being reported as they really are. I have never heard one soldier who was in Iraq call Rush's program and side with the negative press reporting on Iraq.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    In fairness I'm sure that some are in disagreement, they would likely not be Rush fans. At the same time, as the Johnson coverage shows, WaPo is NOT covering reality but their version of reality. That is NOT right to do. NYT is doing the same with their reporting, foreign and domestic. People have to start holding them accountable.

5. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    I don't know about that--the idea that only Rush fans would call him. I listen to his program frequently, and there are liberals who call him and spout their take on things and try to trash what Rush has said about a news topic or current issue. Rush calmly takes what they say apart, mostly by using good common sense thinking. He has converted some liberals to his way of thinking, according to what some say when they call in to talk to him.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I would guess, I listen to NPR when I can stand it. Rush is not my cup o' tea, but I think he should be on the air. I understand his schtick and know that those that listen are not 'dittoheads' in a literal sense. I've listened to him, he's just a bit bombastic for my tastes, though I do get that it's meant humorously, just not my sense of humor.