In Rare Move, University Grants $22K Scholarship To Undocumented Student

Wait a second. You mean to tell me that Fox News failed to mention the scholarships are privately funded?

I am shocked. Shocked, I tell you!

Good. I'm all for cracking down on illegal immigration, but we should be encouraging the worlds best and brightest to become citizens. Not only has this man been living in the country since he was 6, but he is obviously very intelligent. This isn't a man here to "take jobs other Americans won't do". This is a man who can probably do jobs many Americans CAN'T.

right, so as long as the law was broken a long time ago, then it doesn't matter....

What law did he break?

Good. I'm all for cracking down on illegal immigration, but we should be encouraging the worlds best and brightest to become citizens. Not only has this man been living in the country since he was 6, but he is obviously very intelligent. This isn't a man here to "take jobs other Americans won't do". This is a man who can probably do jobs many Americans CAN'T.

right, so as long as the law was broken a long time ago, then it doesn't matter....

What law did he break?

being in the country illegally....is it not obvious?

Wait a second. You mean to tell me that Fox News failed to mention the scholarships are privately funded?

nice try, this one was not:

And now he is getting his education paid for by Rutgers-Newark, which has awarded him a two-year scholarship worth at least $22,000 to return to his studies.

“Truly outstanding students should be supported at a public university,” said Peter T. Englot, senior vice chancellor at the Newark campus.

Englot said discussions were under way about tapping private donors for a scholarship fund at the state university in Newark to pay for more students who are ineligible for state and federal loans and grants because they are here illegally.

- See more at: Rutgers scholarship a milestone for immigrant activist - News - NorthJersey.com

He didn't break the law. His parents did when he was 6 years old. Now he is a productive American. Let him stay, and receive his scholarship.

so the kids we deport, we deport them because they are not breaking the law?

and, he is an adult now, if he continues to stay, then he knowingly is breaking the law.

Corrected:

Apparently Yurt thinks he gets to tell a public institution what they can do with their private endowment funds? Interesting.

And now he is getting his education paid for by Rutgers-Newark, which has awarded him a two-year scholarship worth at least $22,000 to return to his studies.

“Truly outstanding students should be supported at a public university,” said Peter T. Englot, senior vice chancellor at the Newark campus.

Englot said discussions were under way about tapping private donors for a scholarship fund at the state university in Newark to pay for more students who are ineligible for state and federal loans and grants because they are here illegally.

- See more at: Rutgers scholarship a milestone for immigrant activist - News - NorthJersey.com

wrong again dimwit....
Not at all little asswipe.

yes you are, read it again and tell me where it says they tapped private funds:

If the little bastard came here when he was six, I don't give a flying fuck if he doesn't even speak Spanish and has no memory of where he came from. SEND HIM BACK!!! :evil::evil::evil:

Unless he came from Yurp. Then he should stay.

What law did he break?

being in the country illegally....is it not obvious?
Fine, then let's charge him based upon the very day that he entered, not even of his own free will. Let's see, he's six, so is that a spanking or no TV for a day???

he already is deportation free, he has a waiver. that said, he is still here breaking the law. we should not give public funds to people who are here illegally.

wrong again dimwit....

My link above shows it's private. You show us where public money was used, and that even if it was, that they aren't allowed to do exactly what they just did? Go...

"Rutgers is one of the first public schools in the country to designate financial aid for students who entered the country illegally as children, The Bergen Record reported. We hope it is a trend-setter. This is not a zero sum game of taking money away from one student to fund another: The university’s goal is to grow the entire pool of financial aid. It already offers tuition assistance to students from other disadvantaged backgrounds. Now it will raise money from donors who want to support Tello and others like him."
Rutgers scholarship helps unauthorized immigrants attend college: Editorial | NJ.com

There you go Yurt. Now STFU.

can't you read ignorant tard.....flat out says..."Now" as in after he got his public scholarship

My link above shows it's private. You show us where public money was used, and that even if it was, they aren't allowed to? Go...

no it does, not all.

What makes you think this is a "public" scholarship?

it is a public university. if it is private scholarship, i will take back what i said.

"The university just created a new, private scholarship for unauthorized immigrants that it has awarded to Tello, who is excited to restart school this fall."

Rutgers scholarship helps unauthorized immigrants attend college: Editorial | NJ.com

yeah, if you click the link from the OPINION piece, the article says no such thing.

do your homework

Lets swap yurtle for 10 of them

My link above shows it's private. You show us where public money was used, and that even if it was, they aren't allowed to? Go...

no it does, not all.
What a child you are. Either bring us the proof or STFU? So far at least two of us have shown that little infant are full of shit.

no it does, not all.
What a child you are. Either bring us the proof or STFU? So far at least two of us have shown that little infant are full of shit.

you haven't shown me any proof it is private. you showed me an OPINION it is proof, i showed you where the university said the funds came from the university....they didn't say the funds came from private funds.

try again

Lets swap yurtle for 10 of them

i would trade 1 million illegal immigrants from any country for you....

stop acting like a piss drinker
some people might not agree with this, some might
snotty doesn't look good on you

Forum List

Back