In November 1963, the World almost lost Liberace as well as JFK

I skipped most of the article about his biography and went for the nuts and bolts concerning his near-death. I didn't laugh out loud but the line that did bring a smile to my face was about the lady who was saved through use of a dialyzer, 'built by Allis-Chalmers'. How the tractor company got around to making a dialysis machine has to be a story in itself.

Whenever Liberace was asked whether he was gay, he strongly denied it. (He even was rewarded damages in England after a columnist implied that possibility.)

Understandably, he declined to follow the example of a super famous Mexican gay singer who (whenever he was asked that question) replied (in Spanish): "Don't ask about something that is obvious."

Whenever Liberace was asked whether he was gay, he strongly denied it. (He even was rewarded damages in England after a columnist implied that possibility.)

Understandably, he declined to follow the example of a super famous Mexican gay singer who (whenever he was asked that question) replied (in Spanish): "Don't ask about something that is obvious."

Liberace was not a homo by any definition of the word. His fans back in the day all knew him to be quite normative.

Forum List

Back