CDZ In My Opinion The Only Way......

" I think you are saying since we have to ask if something is Constitutional before asking if it is good we are in trouble? "

We are supposed to be a nation of laws, so it would seem to be a good idea to make sure that whatever action is being considered actually conforms to what is legal. Should we not take the time to determine if the approach in question is the best way to achieve the 'good' result? IOW, is there a better way to do it? Do we want to set a bad precedent for future actions even if the desired outcome is a good idea?
Think With Your Brains, Not on Your Knees

Being overruled by a tiny elite's interpretation of an unnecessary Constitution has already had undesirable outcomes itself, so your scare story about the alternative is selective justification. Ignoring history, the political bullies who want to crush the will of the majority dishonestly claim that all American successes came from this "divinely inspired" document. Arabs actually believe that their oil wealth was a gift from Allah and wouldn't have been there if the Koran had never been written.

Now I disagree. I believe we are best off with a Constitution so that when "my people" are in power we can't inflict too much of our will on "them people".

Curious, I can think of a few, what are your ideas of undesirable outcomes of following the Constitution?

" I think you are saying since we have to ask if something is Constitutional before asking if it is good we are in trouble? "

We are supposed to be a nation of laws, so it would seem to be a good idea to make sure that whatever action is being considered actually conforms to what is legal. Should we not take the time to determine if the approach in question is the best way to achieve the 'good' result? IOW, is there a better way to do it? Do we want to set a bad precedent for future actions even if the desired outcome is a good idea?

Being overruled by a tiny elite's interpretation of an unnecessary Constitution has already had undesirable outcomes itself, so your scare story about the alternative is selective justification. Ignoring history, the political bullies who want to crush the will of the majority dishonestly claim that all American successes came from this "divinely inspired" document. Arabs actually believe that their oil wealth was a gift from Allah and wouldn't have been there if the Koran had never been written.

Now I disagree. I believe we are best off with a Constitution so that when "my people" are in power we can't inflict too much of our will on "them people".

Curious, I can think of a few, what are your ideas of undesirable outcomes of following the Constitution?
Wags Wearing Wigs

Ever hear of Reagan Democrats? People switching sides because a pushy minority takes over their original side is a good enough check on abuse of victory.

As for specific SCROTUS decrees, that is not the issue. They have no right to interpret the Constitution, which has no right to exist either. Our freedom and self-determination cannot be held prisoner by ideas from the horse-and-buggy era.

Wags Wearing Wigs

Ever hear of Reagan Democrats? People switching sides because a pushy minority takes over their original side is a good enough check on abuse of victory.

As for specific SCROTUS decrees, that is not the issue. They have no right to interpret the Constitution, which has no right to exist either. Our freedom and self-determination cannot be held prisoner by ideas from the horse-and-buggy era.

I for one believe we need more Amendments to the Constitution so I do not totally disagree.

To debate:

I feel the human condition though I feel has not changed much. Religious zealots kill eachother in the name of their religion. People still cheat on their spouses.

Sure we drive faster now. Sure news crosses the globe instantly. IMO the biggest real difference between a man in George Washington's time and me is I may have to decide if I want to bankrupt my children to prolong my life since we have worthwhile healthcare now.

So I don't think the ideas of the Constitution, the Romans, The Reformation or whatever are obsolete just because of age.

Forum List

Back