In life...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
...never let someone else define who you are. Never allow another to strip you of your dignity, to disparage your spirit and besmirch your character. For those who stand strong there is reward in this life and the next.

Last edited:
Never explain yourself to lesser people and never apologize.....Both are a sign of weakness. ;)
Well, apologizing in my estimation is a sign of strength. Even moreso if genuine and due to your own personal actions (as opposed to that of another you apologize on behalf of).

Then you are exhibiting weakness.....A simple "I was mistaken" or "I was wrong" will always suffice and then you just move on.
"I was wrong, I'm sorry"..." I was mistaken, sorry"...when someone says sorry to me, if warranted, it goes a long way.

Last edited:
...never let someone else define who you are. Never allow another to strip you of your dignity, to disparage your spirit and besmirch your character. For those who stand strong there is reward in this life and the next
While I fully agree with you, it’s often far easier said than done. When you look, believe, speak and act differently than pretty much every around you it can become extremely difficult to maintain your independence and individuality. I speak from experience.

Says you. I beg to differ.
Beg?

0714291f051dd9d203d18078cdeae652.gif

While I fully agree with you, it’s often far easier said than done. When you look, believe, speak and act differently than pretty much every around you it can become extremely difficult to maintain your independence and individuality. I speak from experience.
Yes. I will never understand the character of some people, It just isn't in my DNA. The people who called the police on neighbours durng covid as they had their son over, the people who smile in the face of peple they disparage behind their backs (often through second hand info), harming others for self benefit akin to the Stasi or Good Little Germans ofnold. Or, disliking people simply for being more critical in thought. For me, if people are polite and respectful I respect differences. Admire them in some cases as I know they aren't a zombie. My one rule is that I despise cowards and bullies, usually one and the same

Last edited:
...never let someone else define who you are. Never allow another to strip you of your dignity, to disparage your spirit and besmirch your character. For those who stand strong there is reward in this life and the next.
You parrot rubbish. Are you a regular Reader's Digest reader ?
Why not think before you produce Reader's Digest type quotes .

It is so palpably idiotic and misinformimg that I will leave you to stand in the Dunces corner and work out how it is devastatingly misleading and appalling general advice .

Forum List

Back