In honour of Blasters post before mine "worst chocolate bar (that's what we call them here in Canada) you've ever had?"

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
So his post brought back memories for me, I am a sweet tooth but have cut down substantially over the last year. Anyways, I have this experience that never left my memory. You know after you get sick from something and never try it again, even if it was for reasons beside the bar itself?

Anyways, there was a chocolate bar when I was a kid called "rum and butter". The name itself should have lead me to reject it. Anyways, I remember being at my grandparents and going to the store with my Uncle. I bought that bar (or he did, I forget), ate it and soon after had a horrible run of repeated vomiting.

For years after that whenever I saw that bar in the store my stomach would turn. It was horrible and I understand how my dog gets that way after vomiting from the heat or something not related to his food, but he rejects it afterwards.

My late brother once took a bite out of one of those big old Chunky bars.

IMG_0960.jpeg

I recall that the bar was undivided in those days. Just one huge chunk of chocolate with raisins and peanuts.

Anyway, there were worms inside.

I have never even considered eating a Chunky bar since that day more than 60 years ago.

My late brother once took a bite out of one of those big old Chunky bars.

View attachment 947233
I recall that the bar was undivided in those days. Just one huge chunk of chocolate with raisins and peanuts.

Anyway, there were worms inside.

I have never even considered eating a Chunky bar since that day more than 60 years ago.
Oh my, for the love of...

Yeah, that is a serious reason not to eat that again. It is amazing how the mind works though right? Pure defensive mechanism that is difficult to override even if we try. I still have the TASTE of that chocolate bar, 40+ years later. I mean the taste from the only time I ever ate it. It's as if my brain is saying "remember this taste and avoid it at all costs".

Forum List

Back