In 2006 Obama voted to filibuster Supreme Court Nominee Alito

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Naturally, the media has censored this factoid from the past.

First President in US History to Have Voted to Filibuster a Supreme Court Nominee Now Hopes for Clean Process

may 30 2009 On January 2006, then-Sen. Obama joined 24 colleagues in a futile effort led by Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., to filibuster the Supreme Court nomination of now-Justice Samuel Alito.

On January 29, 2006, Mr. Obama told George Stephanopulos on "This Week" that he would "be supporting the filibuster because I think Judge Alito, in fact, is somebody who is contrary to core American values, not just liberal values, you know. When you look at his decisions in particular during times of war, we need a court that is independent and is going to provide some check on the executive branch, and he has not shown himself willing to do that repeatedly."

Oh snap!!!!

Well....all you tranny fucking libs can fuck off now. Obama dished it out as a Senator. Now he can take it.

Kerry and Obozo filibustered Allito's nomination???
racist1.gif

First President in US History to Have Voted to Filibuster a Supreme Court Nominee Now Hopes for Clean Process

may 30 2009 On January 2006, then-Sen. Obama joined 24 colleagues in a futile effort led by Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., to filibuster the Supreme Court nomination of now-Justice Samuel Alito.

On January 29, 2006, Mr. Obama told George Stephanopulos on "This Week" that he would "be supporting the filibuster because I think Judge Alito, in fact, is somebody who is contrary to core American values, not just liberal values, you know. When you look at his decisions in particular during times of war, we need a court that is independent and is going to provide some check on the executive branch, and he has not shown himself willing to do that repeatedly."

And? I have no problem with opposition to A specific nominee that the those being asked to assess don't believe is suited for office.

But to declare that ANY nominee offered by a president will be rejected isn't assessment. Its blanket obstructionism. And that's where the GOP just failed.

And? I have no problem with opposition to A specific nominee that the those being asked to assess don't believe is suited for office.

But to declare that ANY nominee offered by a president will be rejected isn't assessment. Its blanket obstructionism. And that's where the GOP just failed.

Okay. Nominate a conservative and we'll support it. K?

That's because we already know he'll nominate some batshit crazy Mao lover, or another fat lesbian feminazi.

I don't understand the need to filibuster if the nominee isn't brought up for a vote in the first place. Let Obama nominate. Just ignore it and refuse to discuss it with the media other than to say the agenda for the Senate has been set.

. LOL God you're funny. You think Obama is capable to select a nominee that isn't going to follow his fucked up ideology or rule based on the Constitution? When has his appointments ever voted with the conservative justices? Never.

It's OK to veto a nominee. No one said the GOP had to accept anyone Obama nominates.

Alito and Roberts have proved to be as bad as we thought they would be.

Of course he did. Obama never did anything for the GOOD of us and our country. Look at him now, all this crap he's puking all over us isn't Good for anyone but him and HIS PARTY

Obuthole needs to be obstructed, it is what's best for America.

Did Obama vote to wait until the next president takes office or not?

Republicans will cave like the whiny bitches they are because of how hot the spotlight will be on them through the entire election season as the country sees firsthand why and how their government doesn't work.

They may try to ignore it all year, but if they do, they'll take a major hit at the polls and will surely lose control of the Senate. Then they'll try to save face a few weeks before the election by all of a sudden being like, "Oh, we cleared our schedules next week and finally have the time to nominate that justice, which of course is an absolutely important thing to do that we meant to do all along!" and EVERYONE will see right through their bullshit, as usual.

Forum List

Back