Important Issues for New Administration

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Once the election is over and we have either a President Bush or a President Kerry, in your opinion what are the top issues the President will deal with in the next four years? If you are for Bush, discuss what issues you think he will give priority to. If you are for Kerry, the same. Limit the number of issues to what you think a President can reasonably accomplish in four years.

depends on how the house and senate races go.

republican house will be war, tax cuts, and gay marriage amendment.

democrat house will be withdrawal from Iraq and figuring out how to remove Tom Delay

republican senate will be supreme court picks, tax cuts, and investigating/impeaching Kerry (if he wins)

democrat senate will be supreme court picks, how to get back into the good graces of the UN, and investigating/impeaching Bush(if he wins)

Do you really think that impeachment business will come into play again? If that should happen, maybe its the members of Congress that should be "impeached" and sent home for good. I really get irked over the extreme partisanship in Washington.

Gotta agree with DK on this one--the political war in the US won't end on Nov 2. I expect numerous legal challenges to the legality of the election and a repeat of 2000. If the courts can sort out a winner, impeachment will come into play. I wouldn't even rule out violence.

I really would not be surprised if we don't have more states in this election where the vote is contested. I have heard that the Kerry camp has hired more than 200 lawyers for just this purpose. If the election results turn out to be not as close as the polls indicate, this would send a message that people are sick and tired of all the hatemongering and partisan bickering.

Forum List

Back